Have $400 to spend on something, dont want to really go for a ps4, any suggestions?

cliff_182

Well ok guys i'll have about $400 to spend soon.

Was originally planning to get a PS4 earlier. But i dont think i can quite let myself go through that.

so this is my setup right now

dJwBD8y.jpg?1

I have essentially a mismatched dual monitor setup with an auxiliary monitor. I was originally gonna ask my parents for another $400 and go for the LG 34um95.

But after hearing abt all the backlight bleed issues with the monitor i dont think i can go for such an expensive upgrade right now, also considering i'm moving to another country in about 1 year, so i'd hate to travel with it or part with it so soon.

I may end up going for the the Acer xb270hu instead which is $750 right now, that would be a better option for gaming. But i wanted the big screen 21:9 experience which would be great for movies also, but the better 34" monitors out there are too expensive for now.

But i wanted to ask u guys for anything else i can get for about $400 that would improve my gaming experience , preferably PC gaming hardware of course. I'd prefer keeping it at about $400 though(monitors being an exception i guess). My specs are mentioned in the description.

PS - I'm not a triple monitor guy, so i wouldnt go a 3rd 1080p monitor 

CPU: i7 3820 4.0GHz  CPU Cooler: Corsair H80  RAM: 16GB 1600MHz  MotherBoard: ASUS Sabertooth x79  GPU: EVGA 780 ti  PSU: Cougar GX1050 80plus gold  CASE: Antec 1100

Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeH6RheyXBWjRGRcF0ZTilA

Get a cheapo LCD monitor. 

amnerd  B) Linux enthusiast. 

• CPU: Intel i5 4690k @3.5ghz  Motherboard: MSI U3 Plus Z97 GPU: Radeon R9 270x 2gb OC HDD: WD Green 3tb SDDs: Samsung 120gb, Kingston V300 120gb Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair V650 Fans: Corsair AF14 x4 CPU cooler: Hyper 212 EVO (Upgrading soon)     

What about another 780ti.

but can i really get only for that much? and would it really make much difference for me

I game on a 1080p panel @ 60fps after all

CPU: i7 3820 4.0GHz  CPU Cooler: Corsair H80  RAM: 16GB 1600MHz  MotherBoard: ASUS Sabertooth x79  GPU: EVGA 780 ti  PSU: Cougar GX1050 80plus gold  CASE: Antec 1100

I would sell all those monitors and get a single good monitor, I don't know if your card is enough, but something like a single 27' 1440p monitor. Doesn't matter if its a cheap one like mine, Qnix qx2710 II. Overclockable korean panel.

A nice New Desk and Chair so all your stuff can fit on one desk instead of the 2 fairly ugly one and the nasty one they are on. other then that get another LG monitor to match the others.

Well ok guys i'll have about $400 to spend soon.

Was originally planning to get a PS4 earlier. But i dont think i can quite let myself go through that.

so this is my setup right now

dJwBD8y.jpg?1

I have essentially a mismatched dual monitor setup with an auxiliary monitor. I was originally gonna ask my parents for another $400 and go for the LG 34um95.

But after hearing abt all the backlight bleed issues with the monitor i dont think i can go for such an expensive upgrade right now, also considering i'm moving to another country in about 1 year, so i'd hate to travel with it or part with it so soon.

I may end up going for the the Acer xb270hu instead which is $750 right now, that would be a better option for gaming. But i wanted the big screen 21:9 experience which would be great for movies also, but the better 34" monitors out there are too expensive for now.

But i wanted to ask u guys for anything else i can get for about $400 that would improve my gaming experience , preferably PC gaming hardware of course. I'd prefer keeping it at about $400 though(monitors being an exception i guess). My specs are mentioned in the description.

PS - I'm not a triple monitor guy, so i wouldnt go a 3rd 1080p monitor 

Get a console there are some fun exclusives that you might enjoy, dont get into that whole PS4 vs Xbox One war, get the console with the exclusives that you wish to play :)

This might be a novel concept, but what about saving the money? :P Seems like your current setup is decent enough.

You could put the money into a high interest savings account, or purchase an investment bond/GIC, or even buy some stocks of your favourite companies!

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

This might be a novel concept, but what about saving the money? :P Seems like your current setup is decent enough.

You could put the money into a high interest savings account, or purchase an investment bond/GIC, or even buy some stocks of your favourite companies!

Damn never considered any of tht lol

Interesting. Thanks for the suggestion

I have the same LG monitor in the middle :P 

I would suggest getting another 780 Ti or selling the one you have now, and getting a 980 Ti 

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240