Apple quietly launches new iPod lineup

Dietrichw

In the US, we have to pay full price if you are a tmobile user.  It's annoying as hell >_>.

Alternatively, you could switch to Verizon and pay twice as much on service. Paying the whole cost of the phone isn't exactly a lot when you look at the big picture.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Alternatively, you could switch to Verizon and pay twice as much on service. 

Yup, true that.  Still.  Good thing there are phones that are ~$300 that work just was well has most of the $600 phones. 

I dont get it. Everyone has a phone these days. I haven't touched my Ipod in years. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

For the specs, this is a really cheap and insanely fast mp3 player. Based on how the iPhone 6 has much better battery life compared to the 5s despite a slight increase in capacity and the larger screen and resolution, this will probably get really good battery life and demonstrate the kind of battery life you can see if Apple does release a 4" phone with flagship specs next year. 

"Quietly"

Because no one buys them anymore :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

It starts at £159 which is quite nice for those who don't want a tablet, as most of the tablets people are buying at these kind of prices are Chinese craplets as Nexus isn't mainstream.

>Apple

>quiet launch

Does not compute

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

what the hell is the point? Thats what phones are for, ipods are 100% useless at this point. You're better off just getting an iphone (yuck)

Well I always got a iPod touch because cellphones were to expensive.

what the hell is the point? Thats what phones are for, ipods are 100% useless at this point. You're better off just getting an iphone (yuck)

I imagine people who want to be able to listen to music on the go without being fucked in the ass by ISPs outrageous rate plans that are required by any halfway decent smartphone would opt for this. These are also great for kids as starter devices because not every 9 year old needs a full blown smartphone.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

You might wanna add this to the OP: benchmarks of the A8 in the iPod Touch.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/07/15/a8-ipod-touch-benchmarks-1gb-ram/

It's clocked at 1.1 GHz as opposed to 1.4 GHz in the iPhone 6 in order to save battery life in a smaller enclosure (compared to the A8 in the iPhone 6 which is larger). Also still has 1GB of RAM.

Ye ole' train

The nanos must stop using the ios 6 interface. its fugly

Yeah the last good nano was gen 5

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You might wanna add this to the OP: benchmarks of the A8 in the iPod Touch.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/07/15/a8-ipod-touch-benchmarks-1gb-ram/

It's clocked at 1.1 GHz as opposed to 1.4 GHz in the iPhone 6 in order to save battery life in a smaller enclosure (compared to the A8 in the iPhone 6 which is larger). Also still has 1GB of RAM.

1.1ghz will put it at roughly the same performance as the A7 at 1.3ghz. 

As a long time iPod Touch 5th gen user (bought one at launch) I can't really recommend a device so similar to the 5th gen.  Screen is frustrating for web browsing, performance really does take a dive after about a year (one OS upgrade; has been true for all the ipod touch's AFAIK) and resolustion is lack-luster IMO.  On top of that as many have said battery life is poor especially in this form-factor (I'm lucky to get more than 1-1.5 hours with battery degradation over the last almost 3 years)   At this point I'd recommend something like the asus Zenphone 2 (unlocked, but options for upgrade to a "real phone" later if wanted/needed.  

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

for me, i really dont like the apple eco system when i use alot of google, amazon, and Microsoft services. all of those just work better on android. i used to have a ipod 4, and a galaxy s2 and those days were awesome because i could actually enjoy the best of both worlds. i might pick this thing up just so i can play tiny wings again and all the other apps that dont make it to the android market. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

the low prices for phones like S6 or HC one and others are on contract

If I have to buy a phone im not going to get some cheap thing that lags and is only useful for calls

either all or nothing

My moto e last gen is fine for everything, no lag. Only about £80 off contract I think? The new moto e 2015 look even better but is more expensive and has 4G so would be a bit of a waste off contract.

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''