Claims of bestbuy charging 185$ extra on "$200 gift card for $15"

SirNumbers

The listed price was 15 dollars. Did you get dropped on your head as a baby or are you just generally clueless?

Hes basically trying to say people are stupid for thinking they could get 200 dollar gift cards for 15 bucks and continues to say they should basically be punished by being charged 200. But legally and morally that is so wrong on best buys side cause noone agreed to paying that much

@AlwaysFSX TLDR version?

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Hes basically trying to say people are stupid for thinking they could get 200 dollar gift cards for 15 bucks and continues to say they should basically be punished by being charged 200. But legally and morally that is so wrong on best buys side cause noone agreed to paying that much

@AlwaysFSX TLDR?

Punished? Nah. Charged what we alllll know is the correct amount? Yeah, sure. I don't see anything that's wrong with that. We all know how gift cards work, $1=$1. We all know some pricing errors occur and you either end up having your order canceled or being charged the full amount.

There's nothing surprising here, just angry people not getting away with a scam.

@AlwaysFSX TLDR version?

He's not saying they should be punished, he's saying they should expect the purchase to be cancelled or charged the full $200 as it is an obvious mistake.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It doesn't matter what the listed price was, you knew it was incorrect and there's a damn good chance you'll be charged the actual price as it's happened before. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

The problem is that it should have just been cancelled outright rather than charging the full $200 and giving people a panic attack when their bank account has been overdrafted. 

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Punished? Nah. Charged what we alllll know is the correct amount? Yeah, sure. I don't see anything that's wrong with that. We all know how gift cards work, $1=$1. We all know some pricing errors occur and you either end up having your order canceled or being charged the full amount.

There's nothing surprising here, just angry people not getting away with a scam.

Noones angry most people just thought there orders would be cancelled. Anyone whose been on the internet for longer than a day thought that. But they got charged 200 and people bought 50 so got charged 10000.

Now when was anyone charged full price without being notified on this here internet?

It doesn't matter what the listed price was, you knew it was incorrect and there's a damn good chance you'll be charged the actual price as it's happened before. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

But you just said that wasn't the listed price. Make up your mind. There is literally no chance that I'll be charged the actual prices. I'll either get the cards for 15 dollars each, or I'll be refunded, but they certainly will not take out the full amount, as there is no receipt for that amount. 

But you just said that wasn't the listed price. Make up your mind. There is literally no chance that I'll be charged the actual prices. I'll either get the cards for 15 dollars each, or I'll be refunded, but they certainly will not take out the full amount, as there is no receipt for that amount.

Some people actually got charged the full amount already

@AlwaysFSX TLDR version?

I know what he's saying, that doesn't make it any less incorrect. 

Who?

A lot of angry redditers and twitterers

I've already made up my mind, you just prefer not to read what I'm putting. 

He's not saying they should be punished, he's saying they should expect the purchase to be cancelled or charged the full $200 as it is an obvious mistake.

Bingooo.

The problem is that it should have just been cancelled outright rather than charging the full $200 and giving people a panic attack when their bank account has been overdrafted. 

Lmao, if people get in to panic because they didn't know they're going to get charged the full amount then that's their problem. I've yet to see one person that didn't know these aren't the actual price.

Noones angry most people just thought there orders would be cancelled. Anyone whose been on the internet for longer than a day thought that. But they got charged 200 and people bought 50 so got charged 10000.

Now when was anyone charged full price without being notified on this here internet?

I can point to you at least one person here that's pissed about this.

That's just not how it works. You can't charge people a different amount than whats agreed upon no matter how ridiculously off that price may be. This would be called theft and fraud and best buy knows better than that. If anything they will get cancelled not overcharged. If overcharging did happen it'd be stupid easy to walk out on it since they would be breaking the law. Sad i couldn't get on on it, fuck retail giants. They can afford a few pricing errors

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

That's just not how it works. You can't charge people a different amount than whats agreed upon no matter how ridiculously off that price may be. This would be called theft and fraud and best buy knows better than that. If anything they will get cancelled not overcharged. If overcharging did happen it'd be stupid easy to walk out on it since they would be breaking the law. Sad i couldn't get on on it, fuck retail giants. They can afford a few pricing errors

Ya'll need to learn your laws. In any case, this is BLATANTLY obvious that the pricing was off. Keep hopping on that "agreed upon" train of thought because it doesn't work like that in the real world. If you buy a $200 gift card, you are going to get charged $200 unless the order is dropped because of a pricing error, which BestBuy doesn't have to do either.

I've already made up my mind, you just prefer not to read what I'm putting. 

Bingooo.

Lmao, if people get in to panic because they didn't know they're going to get charged the full amount then that's their problem. I've yet to see one person that didn't know these aren't the actual price.

I can point to you at least one person here that's pissed about this.

Again, nobody is going to be charged the full amount. That won't happen. I acknowledged in the other thread that there is a possibility the order would be cancelled. You're the only person in this thread that seems to think otherwise. 

Again, nobody is going to be charged the full amount. That won't happen. I acknowledged in the other thread that there is a possibility the order would be cancelled. You're the only person in this thread that seems to think otherwise. 

You need to read like the first 5-6 posts man. :lol:

I do get what you're saying. The problem is people assumed that Best Buy would just cancel all orders rather than charge some people $200. The normal procedure when a pricing error occurs is to just cancel all orders and issue out some form of apology saying it was a pricing error.

Hell, I'm guilty of taking advantage of pricing errors. They refunded me how much I spent for the item  and gave me a $200 coupon to buy whatever as an apology.      

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Keep hopping on that "agreed upon" train of thought because it doesn't work like that in the real world.

That is exactly how it works. You have a receipt for a price? Then that's what you pay or your not paying anything (have credit card company cancel, they will cause they also know how basic things work. If you let people charge you more than you agreed to pay then that's your bad but don't expect everyone else to, there is no reason for that.

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

That is exactly how it works. You have a receipt for a price? Then that's what you pay or your not paying anything (have credit card company cancel, they will cause they also know how basic things work. If you let people charge you more than you agreed to pay then that's your bad but don't expect everyone else to, there is no reason for that.

Exactly. This fsx idiot doesn't understand the real world. He must work at best buy. 

You need to read like the first 5-6 posts man. :lol:

Very informative bud

-snip-

I do get what you're saying. The problem is people assumed that Best Buy would just cancel all orders rather than charge some people $200. The normal procedure when a pricing error occurs is to just cancel all orders and issue out some form of apology saying it was a pricing error.

Hell, I'm guilty of taking advantage of pricing errors. They refunded me how much I spent for the item  and gave me a $200 coupon to buy whatever as an apology.      

Depending on how much an item costs you'll usually still get charged the full amount, and the company listing has every right to do so believe it or not. I'm just amused people are angry that they might be charged the full amount and not get away with a scam.

;) Not entirely how it works. Pricing errors are somewhat exempt from that.

-snip-

Edited by colonel_mortis

didn't see your member title before, now I get it

Depending on how much an item costs you'll usually still get charged the full amount, and the company listing has every right to do so believe it or not. 

• Location Lost

didn't see your member title before, now I get it

I'm not quite sure you do.

Lol @SirNumbers I'm honored.

Oh no, I didn't give you an exact range and you had to work. Did you even read the title?

Man you're fucking salty and throwing the insults around like mad. Makes me giggle, a lot.

Lol you're butthurt that the information you told me to check is wrong? I read the title, I also asked for links to all these people being charged full price and wasn't given any. Find one, you won't. 

I don't like to argue with morons, it's doesn't get you anywhere in the end. Insults are much more my style when dealing with those with a low IQ.