Claims of bestbuy charging 185$ extra on "$200 gift card for $15"

SirNumbers

Lol you're butthurt that the information you told me to check is wrong? I read the title, I also asked for links to all these people being charged full price and wasn't given any. Find one, you won't.

I don't like to argue with morons, it's doesn't get you anywhere in the end. Insults are much more my style when dealing with those with a low IQ.

Im on mobile links is a hassle ill give one real quick hold on

Uno http://imgur.com/658h37Q

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

I'm not quite sure you do.

senseless, obviously

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

All ive seen in this thread is a bunch of back and forth "you're wrong" "nuh-uh you're wrong" "you're stoopid" "NO U!"

How bout anyone try backing up what they say with some evidence on the matter or just let the you're wrong, no you conversation die since it is going nowhere.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Lol you're butthurt that the information you told me to check is wrong? I read the title, I also asked for links to all these people being charged full price and wasn't given any. Find one, you won't. 

I don't like to argue with morons, it's doesn't get you anywhere in the end. Insults are much more my style when dealing with those with a low IQ.

:lol: Dude, you need to step away from the computer and reevaluate your life for a second. The thread was created because apparently @SirNumbers found some information that people are actually getting charged $200 for the gift card. That is what the entire thread is based off of. If you can't deduce that from the original thread title then god help your ass, because you're going to need it.

senseless, obviously

Still not so sure you do.

A surprising amount of bickering here, given it's nearly guaranteed that all orders will be cancelled by Best Buy. Once these glitches get sorted out, it seems very likely that nobody will be charged $200, nor will anybody be getting a free $185 of Best Buy credit because of pricing errors.

A surprising amount of bickering here, given it's nearly guaranteed that all orders will be cancelled by Best Buy. Once these glitches get sorted out, it seems very likely that nobody will be charged $200, nor will anybody be getting a free $185 of Best Buy credit because of pricing errors.

All we know (should at least) is that apparently SirNumbers knows that some people have gotten charged $200 apparently. This isn't surprising if they did.

*looks at new thread title*

Well, this thread is most certainly getting locked.

*looks at new thread title*

Well, this thread is most certainly getting locked.

It should xDxD

Depending on how much an item costs you'll usually still get charged the full amount, and the company listing has every right to do so believe it or not. I'm just amused people are angry that they might be charged the full amount and not get away with a scam.

When my price matching error occurred, I did not get charged the full amount. If it were the actual price, I'd be down probably ~$4,000 at the time... Yet they didn't. It showed up as the listed price at the time and they just refunded me what I paid and sent me an apology and a $200 gift card. A reasonable company would just cancel all orders at that price and not deal with the PR shitstorm they're going to get. 

My point with the personal story is that people KNOW that it will most likely get cancelled. People actually acknowledge they'll most likely not get away with it, but it's at least worth a shot to try.

It's pretty obvious Best Buy will refund everyone the $200 nonetheless. 

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

im happy I paid with paypal because bestbuy can't really charge me way extra since I only put in an order for $15

@AlwaysFSX I doubt they will honour it, but I will be shocked if they charge me extra. Paypal is different in the sense that they can't just send you a random charge, they will most likely cancel it

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

And award for the worst proof to a claim goes too...

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

And award for the worst proof to a claim goes too...

I CANT FIND THE ACTUAL CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS ITS TWITTER THE MEMES RULE AND ITS 6 IN THE MORNING HERE IM SORRY

When my price matching error occurred, I did not get charged the full amount. If it were the actual price, I'd be down probably ~$4,000 at the time... Yet they didn't. It showed up as the listed price at the time and they just refunded me what I paid and sent me an apology and a $200 gift card. A reasonable company would just cancel all orders at that price and not deal with the PR shitstorm they're going to get. 

My point with the personal story is that people KNOW that it will most likely get cancelled. People actually acknowledge they'll most likely not get away with it, but it's at least worth a shot to try. 

Yeah but the thing is that BestBuy does have every single right to charge people the full $200. And I wouldn't put it past them either.

And award for the worst proof to a claim hoes too...

Yuuup.

im happy I paid with paypal because bestbuy can't really charge me way extra since I only put in an order for $15

@AlwaysFSX I doubt they will honour it, but I will be shocked if they charge me extra. Paypal is different in the sense that they can't just send you a random charge, they will most likely cancel it

True, but if they do end up charging $200 (supposedly they've started to? or will?) it'll suck for everyone that's paid with a credit card or the like.

I CANT FIND THE ACTUAL CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS ITS TWITTER THE MEMES RULE AND ITS 6 IN THE MORNING HERE IM SORRY

SOMEONE GET THIS MAN COFFEE.

True, but if they do end up charging $200 (supposedly they've started to? or will?) it'll suck for everyone that's paid with a credit card or the like.

yea, because with a credit card you're stranded :(

ideally I'm going to call them in a bit and try to manually cancel it

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

yea, because with a credit card you're stranded :(

ideally I'm going to call them in a bit and try to manually cancel it

Well, knowing it's PayPal you'll probably be fine regardless. They'll end up for sure refunding you.

SOMEONE GET THIS MAN COFFEE.

Yes pls do i can make 15 dollars 200 real quick

Yeah but the thing is that BestBuy does have every single right to charge people the full $200. And I wouldn't put it past them either.

Yeah they probably do. It's just common courtesy to just cancel all the orders. The people who actually want them could just buy it again. 

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Yeah they probably do. It's just common courtesy to just cancel all the orders. The people who actually want them could just buy it again. 

Unless it ends up being an automated process where it does have the correct list price then a looooot of people are going to lose money really quick.

Unless it ends up being an automated process where it does have the correct list price then a looooot of people are going to lose money really quick.

Atleast there not actually losing money. Just "Investing" into new forms of payment