Claims of bestbuy charging 185$ extra on "$200 gift card for $15"

SirNumbers

It does actually. As I said, listing errors don't mean you can get away with $185 for free. This happens SO often and it's never blown up as much as this.

I got a receipt for 15 and charged 200

No justification they should have canceled the order

Thooo i did not order any just saying

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Didnt even notify me until we checked our accounts

Edit i clicked edit not quote

Y u make new post

Read above, it does not. They can cancel the payment (which would be preferable) or charge you what it's actually worth (which happens, just cancel the order then).

They have no authority to charge more than what was agreed upon. They either have to honor the deal we made or they can cancel the order due to their mistake. Those are the options they have. Anything else is false advertising and they would be sued. 

Best Buy would never charge the full $200. They made the mistake. Obviously they're not going to give away the cards for $15, but they will cancel and refund all the orders. If they don't, this sale is quite documented with tons of screenshots. It will be easy for the credit card companies to issue chargebacks and refund the orders. 

While I agree it was silly thinking that people could get away with it tge cards should be voided and customer refunded... Charging the customer more unexpectedly is the 100% wrong way to deal with their own fuck up.

Honestly if someone wasn't expecting to get charged $200 in the end then they're a damn fool.

Nah, they have every right to charge you the actual price of the product. It's happened again and again. The best thing they could have done was cancel the orders but I think the reason why everyone got charged $200 was an automated system that actually had the correct price listed in it.

Well thank god I didn't buy any then... Saved me a huge headache and a talk with my bank. 

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

They have no authority to charge more than what was agreed upon. They either have to honor the deal we made or they can cancel the order due to their mistake. Those are the options they have. Anything else is false advertising and they would be sued. 

You just don't get it. :lol: Just because people are getting burned by this only then they're going to complain "oh you shouldn't charge me $200 for a $200 product when it was accidentally listed at $15." Nah, you deserve to get charged $200. As I put in my above post, the system the does the transaction probably had the correct price listed in it so you get charged what it's worth. It's not false advertising because then so many companies would be constantly getting sued from pricing errors whether it's human error or computer error.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you think you're getting a $200 gift card for $15 then you're a damn fool. :lol:

Honestly if someone wasn't expecting to get charged $200 in the end then they're a damn fool.

Nah, they have every right to charge you the actual price of the product. It's happened again and again. The best thing they could have done was cancel the orders but I think the reason why everyone got charged $200 was an automated system that actually had the correct price listed in it.

But that would still have been a fuck up on there side, youre saying theres justification for charging 185 dollars more then what was receipted and order confirmed without notifying and more specifically asking for approval.

But that would still have been a fuck up on there side, youre saying theres justification for charging 185 dollars more then what was receipted and order confirmed without notifying and more specifically asking for approval.

It says the gift card is $200, don't suddenly act like you don't know what the real price is. Scamming the system is worse than a bad listing that's been corrected (as has been done sooo many times over).

Ya'll just mad you got shrekt by logic.

It says the gift card is $200, don't suddenly act like you don't know what the real price is. Scamming the system is worse than a bad listing that's been corrected (as has been done sooo many times over).

Eh again i didnt do it, but people dont see companies as people, so no morals.

Still shouldnt have charged more than what was agreed on

You have no idea what you're talking about.

ujSRvkn.png

Eh again i didnt do it, but people dont see companies as people, so no morals.

Still shouldnt have charged more than what was agreed on

$15 wasn't agreed upon, you all know how gift cards work. They're just trying to scam an error. :'D

I do actually, but continue being angry. It pleases me.

ujSRvkn.png

What are you trying to show im confused

Your logic is very flawed if that's your thought process. 

What are you trying to show im confused

I ordered 10 gift cards at 15 dollars each. That's 150 dollars. Dummy was saying an automated system changed the price but that's clearly not the case. 

Your logic is very flawed if that's your thought process. 

My logic is sound. You honestly think you're buying something that's so obviously not the listed price, that you think listing errors NEVER occur? Yeah, I'm the flawed one.  :rolleyes:

Ohh I can't wait for the news in the morning to hear how some idiot got burned for several grand.

$15 wasn't agreed upon, you all know how gift cards work. They're just trying to scam an error. :'D

PLEASE. It was definitely "Agreed" apon please find a different word to describe your opposition

A company as big as best buy wouldn't scam people... You know how bad that would be for them? 

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

I ordered 10 gift cards at 15 dollars each. That's 150 dollars. Dummy was saying an automated system changed the price but that's clearly not the case. 

Dummy, lulz. There's one step of the process that tallies what you're purchasing, and the next step that charges your bank. The listing for the actual charge is correct. And don't act like you didn't know it's going to be $200.

Again. Best Buy is not going to charge $200. They would be the fools. They are merchant members with the credit card companies, and as part of their contracts with said companies, if a buyer disputes the charge due to proven false advertising, Best Buy will have to issue a refund. It's that simple. This does NOT mean that people will be able to get away with $200 gift cards for $15. It simply means Best Buy can't charge $200 for something advertised as $15.

PLEASE. It was definitely "Agreed" apon please find a different word to describe your opposition

:rolleyes: The foolishness is high.

A company as big as best buy wouldn't scam people... You know how bad that would be for them? 

Well.. BestBuy does scam people, but a pricing error is not uncommon for anyone. People are just angry they can't scam BestBuy.

Again. Best Buy is not going to charge $200. They would be the fools. They are merchant members with the credit card companies, and as part of their contracts with said companies, if a buyer disputes the charge due to proven false advertising, Best Buy will have to issue a refund. It's that simple. This does NOT mean that people will be able to get away with $200 gift cards for $15. It simply means Best Buy can't charge $200 for something advertised as $15.

This

My logic is sound. You honestly think you're buying something that's so obviously not the listed price, that you think listing errors NEVER occur? Yeah, I'm the flawed one.  :rolleyes:

Ohh I can't wait for the news in the morning to hear how some idiot got burned for several grand.

The listed price was 15 dollars. Did you get dropped on your head as a baby or are you just generally clueless?

:rolleyes: The foolishness is high.

Well.. BestBuy does scam people, but a pricing error is not uncommon for anyone. People are just angry they can't scam BestBuy.

There you go i agree now

The listed price was 15 dollars. Did you get dropped on your head as a baby or are you just generally clueless?

It doesn't matter what the listed price was, you knew it was incorrect and there's a damn good chance you'll be charged the actual price as it's happened before. Why is this so hard for you to understand?