Should Nintendo release games on other Platforms?

I created this strawpoll yesterday during the WAN show however it did not receive much coverage there. (http://strawpoll.me/4887827/r)  Basically does anybody have any opinions on this topic?  I personally feel that many of Nintendo's fans have moved onto the platforms and some of those I believe Nintendo could move into with ease as it is usually populated by its older fans.  I believe nintendo should release games on the Android market because currently there are many emulator situations that are being used everyday.  Also I believe nintendo could give the Android gaming market the push it requires to start producing 'game changing' games.  I believe the PC market could also be a viable market for Nintendo as many of Nintendo's old fans have moved onto the PC market and tend not to buy new nintendo consoles when they are released.  I would love to hear others opinions on this idea and whether or not you would play them on either of those platforms.  Feel free to vote on the straw poll too.

Edit: as I am seeing some negativity towards this, my idea behind why they would do this would be to possibly have a positive quarter as console sales are usually so low

Edited by bleuground

Only a small bit maybe.

But mostly; no.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Not android.

Please;

Please.

Don't.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

Seizure

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

If they did why would they bother making consoles?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

No. They are already trying to on mobile (IOS/Android) just leave it at that. Nintendo may one day be third party if they keep messing up every console they make(wii & wii u). But, one good thing I have to say about Nintendo they have a great hand right now in the mobile market. Console wise... Eh... If they just make their hardware more powerful than PS4 and Xbone that would be great. Im hoping the rumors about Nintendo's new console Project NX being less powerful than the PS4 are false because I'd love to see Nintendo make a comeback.

Taran should run for president!

Should they? not for us to decide. Will they? Not likely.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

People would stop buying their consoles

That's why they won't do it

they'd go bankrupt before they'd ever put their stuff on sony or microsoft's console, its more likely they'll go 100% mobile since that division has always made a killing. (yes, even the 3ds is selling well despite the market being over ran by smart phones)

Personally I think they should get more third party support and new original IP's. No more of the bloody classic days ( Star Fox, Smash, Pokemon, Metroid, Zelda, Mario)

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

No

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

Not android.

Please;

Please.

Don't.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

Seizure

wat?

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I can see them going handheld exclusive. Handhelds are massive in Japan and Nintendo don't give a shit about what sells outside of Japan.

No.

And just to clarifiy things: Nintendo won't make games in their own production studios for mobile and they won't release games cross-platform on 3DS and Android or something, they will just license some of their IPs to a mobile game studio.

Maybee when they will launch phones / tablets with Android on it, but don't get your hopes too high on general availability. It all sums up to "if you buy my hardware or not".

wat?

AAA on mobile market --> not ending well.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

AAA on mobile market --> not ending well.

True..

But Nintendo already released Pokemon Shuffle on the 3DS with awful pay2play mechanics

True..

But Nintendo already released Pokemon Shuffle on the 3DS with awful pay2play mechanics

But Nintendo is high as f***.

Basic guide to CPU's!

People would stop buying their consoles

That's why they won't do it

Exactly, quite frankly if you could play Super Mario Galaxy or The Legend of Zelda on a PC (without emulators or anything of the sort, so people had easier access), I'm sure no one would buy another Nintendo console and would probably sell worse than the Wii U or 3DS at launch

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

-snip-

Well to be honest, all those 3 games were not developed(or even published) by Nintendo 

Philips just had the right to use Zelda and Mario characters.

Well to be honest, all those 3 games were not developed(or even published) by Nintendo 

Philips just had the right to use Zelda and Mario characters.

Those games should not even have zelda/mario in their titles.