New AMD Driver 15.7

Guest TekNut

Framerate limiter

When not using Vsync, and in game menu's, the FPS can rise into the 3000's, Framerate limiters,..this will stop the GPU screaming like a bitch wondering why your doing such things...

Cool! So it's like a hardware Vsync ? Can it replace Vsync by limiting the GPU to rendering 60 frames without having the stutter of an unsynched GPU-monitor combo ?

Spoiler

Sweet

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

AMD FreeSync™ and AMD CrossFire™ Support

free sync and amd crossfire support or free sync with crossfire support

Crossfire freesync support, hell yes! Now I just need BenQ to hurry up and update my current monitor to the latest firmware. 

Freesync with crossfire enabled. The only exception being dual GPU mode, with an APU + a discrete GPU. 

AMD FreeSync and AMD CrossFire Support:

AMD FreeSync and AMD CrossFire can now be used together in applications using DirectX 10 or higher. Please note, this feature is currently not supported on systems configured in AMD Dual Graphics mode.

lol yeah, important difference.

Spoiler

HELL yeah!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Ok, ok, the first time I've posted something.... like no one here makes mistakes before clicking the post button.

So lets all get together and  give me grief about it.

The community is petty like that. Lots of redditors who care more about following the forum procedures than life itself. Try not to let them get to you.  ^_^ 

When I get time I'll compare these drivers on Windows 10 (build 10162).

That will be a different post with screenshots. ;)

The community is petty like that. Lots of redditors who care more about following the forum procedures than life itself. Try not to let them get to you.  ^_^

Honestly it's annoying seeing a news post with just a link and maybe one line of text. Especially if that post beats another good post with lots of detail and effort put into it. All he has to do is quote the interesting parts of the update, and that would be it. Everyone should be able to do that.

I do hope OP will make other posts, and not be scared off by it, but only if he makes an effort the next time.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

It would be cool if they didn't crash every 30 minutes when playing something on windows 10.

Honestly it's annoying seeing a news post with just a link and maybe one line of text. Especially if that post beats another good post with lots of detail and effort put into it. All he has to do is quote the interesting parts of the update, and that would be it. Everyone should be able to do that.

I do hope OP will make other posts, and not be scared off by it, but only if he makes an effort the next time.

I updated it but i'm sure others will complain about that... oh well can't please everyone.

You're missing the point. Firstly, there have been numerous cases of this and people are fed up with those kinds of posts. Secondly, it's not like the OP just joined the forum, waltz into the news section and started a thread and was not completely unaware of the rules. At the very least, the OP must have seen other news post, but he failed to learn a thing or two about posting news.

It drives me nuts because when I posted my first news thread, I even sent the full post to a moderator to make sure everything is fine.... And then I see this kind of threads <_< .

What's the big deal about framerate limiter? I've been using RTSS for that since forever. I'm sure most people here have Afterburner/Precision X.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

It's WHQL now, but I wonder what's with Omega naming now?

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

finally? after almost a year.

I mean, I just refuse to use beta driver.

so what... we will wait another year to get full driver release....

YAYYYYY?

Good on AMD, releasing W10 updates weeks prior to W10 release. Would suck to be stuck with DX12 compatible games without proper drivers.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

Whoo finally vsr for 280x. Don't have to stick to that hacked driver anymore :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

can't enable vsr in with card.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

15.7 is not recognized by 3DMark. so much for it being a wickle driver.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I installed 15.7 and set my cards back to the default clocks. I was able to see some improvement in 3DMark, but GTA5 not so much. :(

Whoo finally vsr for 280x. Don't have to stick to that hacked driver anymore :lol:

Does it work for you? 

It doesn;t for me :(

Frame Rate Limiting is nice to have in the driver itself I admit.  I hope Nvidia takes note.  I'd like not having to use Rivatunerstatisticserver.

Was it really a year for an official driver?

They had windows 10 support for a long time and there were visible performance improvements. The beta drivers have been good. WHQL certifcation shouldn't matter to gamers but still there seem to be some people who care a about WHQL certificaiton, and for them this release will make them happy. Even though WHQL is no guarantee of driver quality; just look at Nvidia releases they have some good and some very troublesome WHQL releases.

Linux gamers guys have also been reporting some openGL performance improvements in some games with these.

Also people who bought 7xxx GPUs back in 2011 must be very happy that they are still getting new features and aggressive performance tuning.