New AMD Driver 15.7

Guest TekNut

Does it work for you? 

It doesn;t for me :(

works great here. cranked up the resolution in borderlands 2 to 2560x1440 on my 1080p. worked beautifully.

edit: using an r9 280x and still getting 60 fps....actually quite shocked at that honestly

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

They had windows 10 support for a long time and there were visible performance improvements. The beta drivers have been good. WHQL certifcation shouldn't matter to gamers but still there seem to be some people who care a about WHQL certificaiton, and for them this release will make them happy. Even though WHQL is no guarantee of driver quality; just look at Nvidia releases they have some good and some very troublesome WHQL releases.

Linux gamers guys have also been reporting some openGL performance improvements in some games with these.

Also people who bought 7xxx GPUs back in 2011 must be very happy that they are still getting new features and aggressive performance tuning. 

the beta didnt have windows 10 support no? it was under there release notes and all...imfact they reccommended using the WHQL one for windows 10from the update instead

works great here. cranked up the resolution in borderlands 2 to 2560x1440 on my 1080p. worked beautifully.

edit: using an r9 280x and still getting 60 fps....actually quite shocked at that honestly

ahh. thats through hdmi right? is dvi-d dual link not supported?

ahh. thats through hdmi right? is dvi-d dual link not supported?

nope....using DVI still

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

the beta didnt have windows 10 support no? it was under there release notes and all...imfact they reccommended using the WHQL one for windows 10from the update instead

If you manually installed them under windows 10 they would work fine. And apart from that AMD had been pushing some unique drivers via windows update for users of the windows 10 technical preview. However these were not available for download on their website.

windows 10? :o

nope 8.1 still....

— Grumpy old man

Does it work for you?

It doesn;t for me :(

You mean the hacked driver? Or 15.7?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

You mean the hacked driver? Or 15.7?

15.7 :o

So wait, you can use virtual super resolution on the 7000 series cards now? anyone used it cause now im hella interested >8). Would it look good on my U2412M? (1920x1200 IPS)

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

So wait, you can use virtual super resolution on the 7000 series cards now? anyone used it cause now im hella interested >8). Would it look good on my U2412M? (1920x1200 IPS)

4 hours, ill slap my old 7950GHz edt into the case and test it for you... gotta find out if true. If it is true, then the 7000 series will probably see a noticable rise in aftermarket value

15.7 :o

Yeap it works. Hacked drivers only allowed VSR through HDMI. 15.7 now allows me to have VSR over DVI. (Win 7- 64)

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Yeap it works. Hacked drivers only allowed VSR through HDMI. 15.7 now allows me to have VSR over DVI. (Win 7- 64)

guessing its probably a windows 10thing :(

4 hours, ill slap my old 7950GHz edt into the case and test it for you... gotta find out if true. If it is true, then the 7000 series will probably see a noticable rise in aftermarket value

Thank you :3

Though i guess it will have to be through displayport

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Pretty nice... Got a higher 3D marks score  :lol:

Oh and higher gpu score than the fastest 280x in LTT  :lol:

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5346856

Installed this yesterday for R9 300 series on my 290 with 390x BIOS. No issues yet and I see the FRTC feature is now added. Set it to 60 and will turn off vsync in all my games now. :)

VSR is awesome. I run most games at 1440p on my 1080p display with reduced or no AA. Provides a cleaner/sharper image compared to native 1080p with full AA but without much of a performance hit. In fact, some games actually run better this way since certain levels of AA can be very demanding.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Installed this yesterday for R9 300 series on my 290 with 390x BIOS. No issues yet and I see the FRTC feature is now added. Set it to 60 and will turn off vsync in all my games now. :)

VSR is awesome. I run most games at 1440p on my 1080p display with reduced or no AA. Provides a cleaner/sharper image compared to native 1080p with full AA but without much of a performance hit. In fact, some games actually run better this way since certain levels of AA can be very demanding.

if you run a moderate cpu you might actually see better usage. so either the same or better FPS

I can report, that in The Witcher 3, the new drivers gives me +7 FPS. I went from 58 (average) to 65 (average)

System

CPU: i7 4790k

RAM: 32GB DDR3 1866MHz HyperX

GPU: R9 295x2

Settings:

3440x1440 60Hz

Hairworks Off

Tesselation forced to X16 within CCC

Motion Blur off

Blur off

Grass Density High

Vsync off

Frame limiter (in game): Unlimited

FRTC (CCC): 85

All in all, a good driver. Only issue is that the screen flickers black (like split second) and goes to desktop 2-3 times before starting a game. This may be because i run the game in fullscreen and that causes the second half of my 295x2 to awaken, thus it initializes CF.

To those asking. Yes you can use VSR on dvi and windows 8.1. Using it right now to jack my res up from 1080 to 1440

— Grumpy old man