New AMD Driver 15.7

Guest TekNut

The AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.7 contains the following: AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver version 15.20.1046

Compatible Operating Systems: Windows® 8.1 64-bit

Included Highlights: Visit the Features section below to learn more about the following:
Windows® 10 Technical Preview Support
Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)
Frame Rate Target Control™ (FRTC)
Performance Optimizations versus AMD Catalyst™ Omega
AMD FreeSync™ and AMD CrossFire™ Support
AMD CrossFire™ Profile Enhancements for the following games:

Battlefield: Hardline    
Evolve    ​
Far Cry® 4
Lords of the Fallen    
Project CARS    
Total War: Attila
Alien: Isolation™    
Assassin's Creed® Unity    
​Civilization®: Beyond Earth™
FIFA 2015    
GRID Autosport    
​Ryse: Son of Rome
Talos Principle    
The Crew    ​
Grand Theft Auto V
Dying Light    
The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt    ​

Next time add more detail to your post.. regardless of HOW new you are.. this is common practice to not just post a link and be done with it.

It's also against the rules...

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+8.1+-+64

The AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.7 contains the following: AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver version 15.20.1046

Compatible Operating Systems: Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (32 & 64-bit) and Windows® 7 SP1 or higher (32 & 64-bit)

For Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

286 MB

Included Highlights: Visit the Features section below to learn more about the following:

• The AMD Catalyst™ 15.7 Software Suite requires Windows® 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
  • The AMD Catalyst™ 15.7 Software Suite requires Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.5 to be installed. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is included in all AMD Catalyst™ packages.

Battlefield: Hardline Evolve ​Far Cry® 4

Lords of the Fallen Project CARS Total War: Attila

Alien: Isolation™ Assassin's Creed® Unity ​Civilization®: Beyond Earth™

FIFA 2015 GRID Autosport ​Ryse: Son of Rome

Talos Principle The Crew ​Grand Theft Auto V

Dying Light The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt

/Quite impressed (I run the R9 290 also) and this should put AMD in some good light (CF profiles)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Next time add more detail to your post..

I swear this shit is against the rules...

It is...

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Mmm... I feel horrible.. mostly.

Where's the dislike button?

Mmm... I feel horrible.. mostly.

I mean it's not like there is a pinned topic that says "

READ BEFORE POSTING in this Section!

"

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

And who cares why?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Is this a whql, non-beta driver? Did they do away with omega? lol

Oh wow, almost every card supports vsr now. That's really cool.

Where's the dislike button?

I really think that it needs to be a new feature to the forum down vote pointless posts.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

I mean it's not like there is a pinned topic that says "

READ BEFORE POSTING in this Section!

"

Ok, ok, the first time I've posted something.... like no one here makes mistakes before clicking the post button.

So lets all get together and  give me grief about it.

Compatible Operating Systems: Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (32 & 64-bit) and Windows® 7 SP1 or higher (32 & 64-bit)

For Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

286 MB

• The AMD Catalyst™ 15.7 Software Suite requires Windows® 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
  • The AMD Catalyst™ 15.7 Software Suite requires Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.5 to be installed. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is included in all AMD Catalyst™ packages.

For Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

286 MB

Can we get a moderator to add this to the OP??

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Sweet! Also Crossfire Freesync support, which a lot probably waited for. And Windows 10 support. There will probably be a new driver for Windows 10 at launch, but this will do!

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Virtual super resolution is now supported by my 7970. Holly balls!!!

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

Is this a whql, non-beta driver? Did they do away with omega? lol

Oh wow, almost every card supports vsr now. That's really cool.

Yea, I'd like more context as well. 

Does it improve Fiji ? Does it unlock Fiji memory clocks in Catalyst ? What's with the long list of game names (in the second post) ? Is there optimization for these particular games ? Is this a beta driver ?

So many questions...

Spoiler

I'd just happy to have a non beta driver that isn't from last year xD

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

the question i have is did the 290 and the 290x caught up with the 390/390x because there was a really wierd performance gap between them before

Yea, I'd like more context as well. 

What's with the long list of game names (in the second post) ? Is there optimization for these particular games ?

List of games that now have CF profiles.

/No release notes and this is all the info I could grab.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

List of games that now have CF profiles.

/No release notes and this is all the info I could grab.

Cool.  Thanks

Spoiler

Best part about this driver so far is the Frame Rate Control :)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Yeah I can activate it on my 290 as well. Awesome. I seriously hit 5900+ FPS in some loading screens. That is just dumb, and this should eliminate that. I do hope they will bump it from a max of 95fps to 144fps in a later update, but I can't use more than 60 right now anyways.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Please explain 

Spoiler

Also Crossfire Freesync support

b1fbe48eeaa96bb323f49886e9608b67_answer_

Man I felt like I was taking a gamble on AMD but only a week later they added what I needed.

Best part about this driver so far is the Frame Rate Control  :)

Not if it's the same as the one in RadeonPro software, I tried limiting War Thunder to 60 FPS but the input lag was insane, almost a full second of input lag.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Please explain 

Framerate limiter

When not using Vsync, and in game menu's, the FPS can rise into the 3000's, Framerate limiters,..this will stop the GPU screaming like a bitch wondering why your doing such things...