The Witcher 3 Patch 1.07 inbound - great changes coming

BiG StroOnZ
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Patch 1.07 Key Features: 

A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.

A player stash for storing items, available in various locations 

throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player’s map. - Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.

Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.

Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.

Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.

Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.

A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.

Various improvements to horse behavior. 

Source: http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-patch-1-07-coming-soon.html

This patch looks like it is going to be a good one. Finally offering a player's stash, which I still cannot believe wasn't included from the get-go. I always wondered how they expected to go on throughout the game with only +100 maximum inventory weight. Also looks like finally crafting and alchemy items won't add to overall weight anymore which is great. As the game progresses you collect tons of stuff and you still will never be able to create enough to go through it all. Additionally, books have a dedicated inventory section, and a proper way to see if you have read them already. I haven't cleared Skellige yet, even with 77 hours in the game and looks like this patch is going to help me get through clearing the zone much easier than trying to clear the other zones from all of the looting. Hopefully this patch doesn't interfere with any mods I've installed, and if they do hopefully a reinstall will have them working again. Don't think it should be a problem as even though the last patch disabled my mods, after reinstalling them it worked again. Lastly, changes to horse behavior, a much needed improvement. Roach is so stupid! :P  

I always wondered how they expected to go on throughout the game with only +100 maximum inventory weight.

Sell stuff you do not need? Works for me ;)

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

I like the book tab idea. And Roach is a genius ! Have you ever seen a smarter horse in a video game ? He knows to follow Geralt even when he's running or walking. And he doesn't ride off cliffs or smash head first into trees.

-snip-

It's not just any update, it's an update with a lot of new features. Also, people post gaming news here all the time, updates included. Not really sure what your problem is. It's tech news. The link comes from Guru3D a tech news information website. So the only person with an invalid argument is yourself. You obviously have some personal issue going on, and taking it out on the thread isn't really going to rectify it.

Sweet, movement and horse fixes, finally. My only qualm with the game is the damn movement not reacting correctly or fluently.

Finally a crossfire driver support just came out and now with this new patch. I hope my insta-cast sign mod works.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

OMG. they did a bethesda. Break a game, and fix it in a patch

OMG. you did a bullshit. say shit, and be wrong.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

What was broken? The game was optimized extremely well and ran smooth from launch. 

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

This is why I buy these kind of games months later. 1 cheaper. 2 you get the finished game without having to replay it.

Omg yes finally, a stash  :o

Not that I need it now aha, sold so much of my random stuff, I'm rich as fck (like 40/50k) I'm level 26, and have my cat school superior armour and weapons so pretty much set, wish there was more of a need for money, I don't even think I've spent more than 1k yet and I already have 100 hours... (Not including the 1k you need to spend for the boat which you can get back anyway.) 

But not having crafting/alchemy add to weight is kinda nice, I'm always running out of room despite having +100 from my saddlebags >.< 

Hope they include pelts under that though, because they are in 'other', and they weigh a lot sometimes, mainly white wolf and bear fur.

Maybe I'll start playing and complete it after this patch, haven't played for a bit, gotta say it gets kind of repetitive when you hit about 80 hours, or at least it did for me. 

Which is fair enough, 80 good hours of gameplay which I can continue for even more later on, not bad.  :)

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Omg yes finally, a stash  :o

Not that I need it now aha, sold so much of my random stuff, I'm rich as fck (like 40/50k) I'm level 26, and have my cat school superior armour and weapons so pretty much set, wish there was more of a need for money, I don't even think I've spent more than 1k yet and I already have 100 hours... (Not including the 1k you need to spend for the boat which you can get back anyway.) 

But not having crafting/alchemy add to weight is kinda nice, I'm always running out of room despite having +100 from my saddlebags >.< 

Hope they include pelts under that though, because they are in 'other', and they weigh a lot sometimes, mainly white wolf and bear fur.

Maybe I'll start playing and complete it after this patch, haven't played for a bit, gotta say it gets kind of repetitive when you hit about 80 hours, or at least it did for me. 

Which is fair enough, 80 good hours of gameplay which I can continue for even more later on, not bad.  :)

If you need to take a break, I suggest completing all the Gwent missions if you haven't already. Really livens up the game again. At least did it for me and before you know it I was back to grinding at it again.

If you need to take a break, I suggest completing all the Gwent missions if you haven't already. Really livens up the game again. At least did it for me and before you know it I was back to grinding at it again.

That was one of the 1st things I did :P 

Because when I played it 1st I didn't have my PC, but I had the game code from buying my GPU and I had my laptop aha, so I just went around as far as I could and did Gwent  :D

I loved the quests, wish there was like an on going Gwent tournament within the game or something, with really challenging players, I got my last Gwent Card for the quest last week now it's just kinda playing just for fun, but it's really easy to win games, just been trying out the other decks (Because I stayed with the north deck throughout all of the quests) 

I also went and did all the fist fight things after I finished up Gwent, that was fun too, and had some nice 'twists' aha 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Wow finally! I was hoping to see a more robust sorting system for the inventory and alchemy / crafting!  

I was also hoping for a stashing place for my rare items that still look cool, but don't fare up so well stat wise as my newer equipment.

Sounds like it's going to be a good patch :)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z87 G43 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Storage: 120 GB Samsung 840 series SSD, WD Green 2TB PSU: XFX core edition 650W Display(s): ASUS VE228H 21.5IN 1080P Cooling: CM Hyper 212+

Keyboard: Microsoft P.O.S Mouse: Corsair Raptor M40 Sound: Sennheiser PC 330 Headset

Game wasn't really broken to begin with...

That was one of the 1st things I did :P

Because when I played it 1st I didn't have my PC, but I had the game code from buying my GPU and I had my laptop aha, so I just went around as far as I could and did Gwent  :D

I loved the quests, wish there was like an on going Gwent tournament within the game or something, with really challenging players, I got my last Gwent Card for the quest last week now it's just kinda playing just for fun, but it's really easy to win games, just been trying out the other decks (Because I stayed with the north deck throughout all of the quests) 

I also went and did all the fist fight things after I finished up Gwent, that was fun too, and had some nice 'twists' aha 

I bet if you make a thread over at the Witcher 3 forums eventually it would catch on and they would add Gwent DLC, they might even be doing it already for all we know.

By twists do you mean "The Bear" in the fist fights or ?

I bet if you make a thread over at the Witcher 3 forums eventually it would catch on and they would add Gwent DLC, they might even be doing it already for all we know.

By twists do you mean "The Bear" in the fist fights or ?

Yeah probably are already making one aha, I know people were a little disappointed when the 1st Gwent DLC was only re-skins, but hey, free DLC! 

And yeah lool just didn't want to ruin the surprise  :lol:  Although I guess the fight after that was just as interesting anyway so  ^_^

Hey guys, anyone here got a 2.2gb update on steam for The witcher 3? 

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Hey guys, anyone here got a 2.2gb update on steam for The witcher 3? 

It's the following:

“That’s an update of our artpack (artbook, soundtrack, map, manual, wallpapers etc.). You can check them out by going to: Properties (from Library view)->Local files->Browse local files. Files are in main game folder.”

that was only an artpack update, not the actual 1.07 patch. https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/530646715633195900/

It's the following:

“That’s an update of our artpack (artbook, soundtrack, map, manual, wallpapers etc.). You can check them out by going to: Properties (from Library view)->Local files->Browse local files. Files are in main game folder.”

Oh so it was a artpack update. Yes i knew that it was not the 1.07 update, because when i opened the game, it still 1.06. Thanks though! :)

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

90hrs on the game. Running second playthrough. I fucked my first playthrough so im going for a 2nd run. Hope things will be ok now. Got the bad ending on my 1st run, it's so fucking emotional, i had to massacre a town full of bandits just to feel manly again.