I was just about to order a new case...

Jynx

Right now I'm using the Corsair Air 240.  I have an mATX case and I'm just getting bored with lack of options.

I have the EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ model GPU and I'd like to eventually water cool this (all AIO cooling). eventually go SLI and currently an H100i on the CPU.  I have all Noctua fans also.

I like simple and functional and straight line cases.

I was about to order the Corsair 450d when I started reading some post about noise levels with all the hardware.  It got me thinking about going more silent.  How much cooling do I sacrifice with more silent options such as the Fractal R4 or NZHT H440.   Any better options for my current/future setup.  Would the 450d end up being alright, Possibly much more quiet than my Air 240?  And how important are quiet cases if your water cooling just about everything?

Right now I'm using the Corsair Air 240.  I have an mATX case and I'm just getting bored with lack of options.

I have the EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ model GPU and I'd like to eventually water cool this (all AIO cooling). eventually go SLI and currently an H100i on the CPU.  I have all Noctua fans also.

I was about to order the Corsair 450d when I started reading some post about noise levels with all the hardware.  It got me thinking about going more silent.  How much cooling do I sacrifice with more silent options such as the Fractal R4 or NZHT H440.   Any better options for my current/future setup.  Would the 450d end up being alright, Possibly much more quiet than my Air 240?  And how important are quiet cases if your water cooling just about everything?

I will legit trade you your Air 240 for my Nanoxia Deep Silence and will pay shipping xD I have a Deep Silence 4 Black. It's a LARGE mATX case

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Define R5 Define S NZXT s340(would be perfect even for mATX) NZXT Noctuis 450

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

the r5 is a rebrand. the r4 is more quiet than the h440 but more hotter.

The r4 is a rebrand, the r3 is a rebrand. The entire define series is technically a rebrand. Just a few slight changes here and there. 

The r4 is a rebrand, the r3 is a rebrand. The entire define series is technically a rebrand. Just a few slight changes here and there. 

Just like the entire r7 and r9 lineup xD

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I would go with the Define S it's quiet and has great water cooling capabilities. But you wouldn't be sacrificing anything going for a H440 or R4/R5

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

I own a Cooler Master N200. Yes, it's a budget case, but it meets all of your criteria. I have one and I have no complaints over it. Something else to consider is the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv. It's a little more angular, but I think you'll like it, and it is made for water cooling.

Edit: About noise levels. If you water cool everything, the noise is almost non existent. I have a Seidon 120V in my system, and a small overclock on my FX 6300. I also have two 120mm fans (not Noctuas) in the front. I can not even hear it, and it is on and in my room whilst I sleep. The great thing about watercooling is, if you're not overclocking like mad, you can turn down the fan settings for an inaudible PC.

Will I notice much of a rise in temperature going from a Corsair Air series?  if not, how much quiet we talking compared to my current setup?

I'm also trying to determine if the 450d and other cases would allow 1 h100i on top and 2 120m RAD's in the front.

I'm really digging the Define S - Talk about Simple.  Looks Perfect for a 240m Rad and 2 120m Rads up front with maybe just 1 exhaust in rear for positive pressure. I'm really going to have to decide between the 450 and Define S.  If I went "windowed" Define S I doubt it would be much quieter than the 450d though since at that point there is just 1 sound damp foam in the back side panel which I don't think would make much of a difference.

the r5 is a rebrand. the r4 is more quiet than the h440 but more hotter.

They aren't rebrands... They are refreshes if anything. It is only a rebrand if it is exactly the same. They have added multiple new features every time, but made them similar to previous models. The design is a very good one, and they are making it better every time, so I don't see a problem with what they're doing.