Windows 10 may be finished this Thursday [Rumor]

WereCat

OK so there is not much to say about this other than see for yourself.

On the Wzor web page there are new screen shots from newest Windows 10 version and one screen is from Calendar application and there is date for RTM Windows 10 version relase. (RTM sands for Relase to Manufacturing).

Source: http://wzascok.livejournal.com/45370.html

Screen:

314330_original.png

I doubt that Microsof will make Windows 10 fully available in Thursday but there may be copies appearing on the internet. So far I think it will still be relased 29. July 2015 as was said before.

This just means MS will sign off Windows 10 as gold on that day and start shipping copies out to OEMs shortly afterwards. They always give the OS to OEMs early so they have time to get machines ready for sale on launch day.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I really hope we can turn off this search bar.

It is definitely still a bit of a mess. They keep moving things around. But overall I like it.

It is definitely still a bit of a mess. They keep moving things around. But overall I like it.

I have the feeling that it's just been thrown in, the Windows 8 style menus does not fit in with it. But then, I've always hated the Windows 8 menus. Maybe good for a newbie, but when you know where things are I find it more inconvenient.

It isnt even out yet? 

Previews, I don't think they changed much from the last build.

Yes. It's possible. You can select whether you want the full search box, only a search icon or hide it completely.

pls, sempai,  teach me

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

You can

You can also turn of web search so that it is only local

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Can we choose not to have the ugly looking metro UI?

Also "finished" lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

There's already a build 10176, it's probably the RTM

Looks like it, they are at least considering it, they have started to use the next version numbering on it

Build is: 10.0.10176.16384

Up until now they haven't used that 4th one. Windows 8 and 8.1 has the 4th one on 16384, Windows 7 had first a build on 16384, but a second one (with same build number) came shortly after with 16385. 

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

I repeat: Why not release it to insiders 2-3 days early so that non-Insiders can actually get it on the 29th? I really don't get it. It seems so logical.

You and me both, brother

literally two clicks away, one right click on taskbar and another to turn it off, also you can simply make it smaller like a icon instead, believe or not this version of windows is somewhat customizable almost effortless

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I repeat: Why not release it to insiders 2-3 days early so that non-Insiders can actually get it on the 29th? I really don't get it. It seems so logical.

Damage prevention if it turns out to be not that finished?

You have been able to convert Cortana's search bar from a bar to an Icon for ages.

Also

Good news! Windows 10 might officially be signed off this week it seems, as today build 10176 from the th1 branch appeared on buildfeed, and appears to be one of the first candidates for RTM. RTM stands for "Release to Manufacturing", which generally implies the software is complete, but this time round with RTM, that doesn't necessarily ring true.

​The Windows 10 RTM will be a build of Windows 10 that is stable and not buggy, it will be missing a number of features that will be coming in later builds of Windows 10 as that is simply the nature of WaaS (Windows as a Service). As Terry Myerson put it recently, "we will never be done" as the software will always be updated. So this time round RTM is just a milestone, a starting point for OEMs and consumers if you will.

​If all goes well, Microsoft could have an RTM build of Windows 10 ready by the end of the week, which is very exciting.

​If you are unaware how the sign off process works, Microsoft will compile a number of builds they consider 'worthy' of RTM, these are called RTM candidates. These builds will be tested, and if the builds are found to have no bugs or issues, will be then voted on by employees. The build which is voted for the most is then selected as the RTM build, and recompiled into the winmain branch. The build number then usually jumps to a number which is divisible by 16 and 100, like 10400.

​WinBeta is able to confirm that build 10176 from the th1 branch is indeed an RTM candidate. For those interested, the build in question is 10.0.10176.16384.th1.150705-0552. Microsoft appears to have jumped about 10 builds from 10166 to 10176 for its first RTM candidate.

It's going to be an interesting week regarding Windows 10, so stay tuned at WinBeta for more news.

http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-10-rtm-candidate-build-10176-has-been-compiled-sign-imminent

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Damage prevention if it turns out to be not that finished?

But the insiders are basically unpaid beta testers anyway...

You have been able to convert Cortana's search bar from a bar to an Icon for ages.

I've never used the preview so, yeah...

But the insiders are basically unpaid beta testers anyway...

That's why I suspect that the "finished" version is just the insider preview without the "insider preview" sticker on it. Releasing it in waves - and not only to people who already know what to look out for in terms of "did they fix it?" - reduces the frustration of the users. Some negative feedback and a majority of still waiting users seems better than the majority being pissed because of bugs. But that's just my paranoia-driven speculation ;)

Insiders will never be happy. The problem is that the software complexity and size of Windows is extremely difficult to have everything polished to perfection. What Microsoft seeks answers on questions like: is the OS stable? does it run perfectly fine on systems and that things show up when they should. And not really about: transparency on title bar, Windows Vista icons still present, etc. And bugs that only affect a small fraction of users which can be fixed via Windows Updates after the OS is released.

As a software developer myself, I can assure you, you are never done with a software, you can always do more, add more. The problem, and this is always a big problem in the industry: where do you draw the line?

Insiders will never be happy. The problem is that the software complexity and size of Windows is extremely difficult to have everything polished to perfection. What Microsoft seeks is if the OS is stable, runs perfectly fine on system and that things show up when they should. And not really about: transparency on title bar, Windows Vista icons still present, etc. And bugs that only affect a small fraction of users which can be fixed via Windows Updates.

As a software developer myself, I can assure you, you are never done with ones software, you can also do more. The problem, and this is always a big problem: where do you draw the line?

Exactly, WaaS make it very different this time around.

I hope so too. That thing is horrendous.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |