Greeks can't use iTunes, the App Store, Paypal and all stuff like that.

Nineshadow

Greece has a lot of problems right now as a result of the debt crisis, but one that you might not have immediately anticipated is that online services that require credit or debit payments to a foreign company are broken.

As BuzzFeed reports, the Greek government’s imposition of capital controls – which restrict citizens’ ability to take money out of the country – following its failure to make debt repayment, also mean they can’t buy a €0.99 song from iTunes or grab new apps.

Of course, it’s not the biggest issue faced by the country, but it is another source of frustration for put-upon Greeks, and a yet another significant headache for developers and startups there who are already struggling

PayPal, which is central to a lot of online transactions, is also unusable for most people. Essentially, any feature of an online service that requires a credit card is broken for Greeks.

Apple has not publicly commented on the issue. PayPal said in a statement:

We are carefully monitoring the situation in Greece and progress of negotiations between the Greek government and its lenders.

Due to the recent decisions of the Greek authorities on capital controls, funding of PayPal wallet from Greek bank accounts, as well as cross-border transactions funded by any cards or bank accounts are currently not available.

Understandably, Greeks are taking to social media to bemoan this side effect of the government’s measures. But whatever the result of this weekend’s referendum on whether Greece should remain in the European Union, the issues are likely to continue for some time.

SOURCE

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

rip greece.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Oh god, wonder what will happen to Greece after their referendum. This doesn't seem to be very convenient for the residents of Greece 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Sucks for them but then again the Greece politicians are douchbags and can go eat a bag of dicks. 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

Seriously, those Greece borrowed from are squabbling over billions, when the US governemnt has driven the debt over 18 trillion? (BTW-the way I see things, the individuals responsible for the debt should pay out of their own pockets. Not out of the pockets of the countries citizens-who can't be blamed for the debt in any way).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Seriously, those Greece borrowed from are squabbling over billions, when the US governemnt has driven the debt over 18 trillion? (BTW-the way I see things, the individuals responsible for the debt should pay out of their own pockets. Not out of the pockets of the countries citizens-who can't be blamed for the debt in any way).

30 something billion.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

RIP greece.

put it on e-bay, the simpsons called it

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

RIP greece.

put it on e-bay, the simpsons called it

Wait what?

And this sucks for Greece. Won't be surprising if I see something about younger people leaving Greece for greener pastures (probably gonna happen to the US as well. Eventually)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Wait what?

And this sucks for Greece. Won't be surprising if I see something about younger people leaving Greece for greener pastures (probably gonna happen to the US as well. Eventually)

greece.png

Actually europe loves having it's financial nincompoop of a little brother in the EU. They don't have to put artificial restrictions on their own economies to keep their interest rates down.....whether that's worth bailing greece out repeatedly. Well we'll see

-snip

Holy-shit, that's awesome.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Holy-shit, that's awesome.

the best thing is, if im not mistaken taht is.

The joke was before all the trouble with greece, so i find it pretty funny.

Greece needs to go back to their old currency and stop trying to stay in the broken Euro. 

this is not a solution, this is just putting a shitty barrier in the problem, it will eventually do more harm that good in the long run, this why kill any economy they have that relies on imports, prices for tech hardware will skyrocket as well as any other import

Greece needs to go back to their old currency and stop trying to stay in the broken Euro. 

they should because they are one of the major culprits (if not the biggest) the euro is in such a broken state, loaning money you can't return is the mistake only a fool would make

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

im really losing some trust in humanity right now....

I lost trust in humanity when I saw that they want 3$ for a postcard.

After the introduction of the € I was exactly once in Greece, everything was way too expensive.

So you can spend your holiday in Austria or the the Netherlands, it costs the same but you get a better infrastructure.