Halo Online El Dewrito Launcher version 0.4.7 released - Server Browser, VOIP, Direct Connect, and in game text chat.

I kinda think it's ironic how people think russians invade dota 2 and cs:go servers and now here a tool to invade russans servers

They're terrified of losing XBOX sales, even though the majority of PC gamers would never bother buying a console just for a single game or game series. 

They're certainly being idiots about it, and probably fail to even recognise Steam sale numbers alone.

Hell if Halo gets a max of 4 million sales that easily rivals the XBOX One console launch alone.

I know. I just wish they'd get their collective heads out of their collective asses and realize that console exclusives aren't as beneficial as they think.

In reality, they're excluding themselves from millions and millions of sales. Especially now that PC game sales outnumber collective console game sales. Or at least they did in 2014, and are expected/predicted to do so again this year.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So I just got to try a couple matches before jumping off to bed. Other than a possible bad host (still came out on top though) this seemed really good. I'm gonna enjoy the shit out of this later.

I kinda think it's ironic how people think russians invade dota 2 and cs:go servers and now here a tool to invade russans servers

It's its own separate entity. El dewrito is using a build leaked months ago and is in no way connecting to the official version.

Its its own separate entity. El dewrito is using a build leaked months ago and is in no way connecting to the official version.

oh, then it might be illegal or at least is in the legally very grey area, he's using assets, and without connecting to official servers the game cannot be monetised, just because it's free to play doesn't mean it's free to use the game assets, or free to develop. I understand that region locking is bad, and people should have access to digital stuff in a legal way, but it might not be 100% legal in every country.

oh, then it might be illegal or at least is in the legally very grey area, he's using assets, and without connecting to official servers the game cannot be monetised, just because it's free to play doesn't mean it's free to use the game assets, or free to develop. I understand that region locking is bad, and people should have access to digital stuff in a legal way, but it might not be 100% legal in every country.

They've acknowledged and have said so since they started as well as made it part of their FAQ "Q: Is playing Halo Online like this legal?

A: Not exactly, but don't expect any knocks at your door."

That said I'm fairly sure microsoft knows since they've already taken down several redistributed leaked builds over the course of the several months el dewrito has been a thing.

I refuse to understand why MS won't put Halo on PC. There are plenty of people who would buy it. Probably a lot that won't buy an xbox just to play halo, so.....it would be profit.

Not to mention the possibility of people buying it a second time to get a better experience than they did on their console. (that is, if MS didn't give us the shittiest port ever, which knowing them.....probably very likely)

MS is promising more PC/Win10 stuff at Gamescom so we can hope Spencer and the rest realized "You know, PC gamers really want Halo and it would go really well along side Gears Ultimate". I'd be fine if we have to wait until 2016 to get MCC and if it takes a year+ to get Halo 5, I'd just like them on a platform with controls I'm not utterly terrible on.

Amazes me how you aren't actually considering the fact they're developing this purely to sell microtransactions. If you take that away by modding it without their permission it's pirating.

Counter argument: This popularity could very well convince them to release it in other parts of the world because people clearly want to play it. So this legal grey area stuff could lead to them making more money off the game, if they're smart.

MS is promising more PC/Win10 stuff at Gamescom so we can hope Spencer and the rest realized "You know, PC gamers really want Halo and it would go really well along side Gears Ultimate". I'd be fine if we have to wait until 2016 to get MCC and if it takes a year+ to get Halo 5, I'd just like them on a platform with controls I'm not utterly terrible on.

Counter argument: This popularity could very well convince them to release it in other parts of the world because people clearly want to play it. So this legal grey area stuff could lead to them making more money off the game, if they're smart.

I won't hold my breath. MS acts like a bunch of retards about PC gaming. Their response will most likely be "stream it from your xbox to your PC!"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Awesome! I played online a month or 2 ago, but stopped playing, because the program needed for multiplayer was super annoying to use. Time to to update the game/launcher and try it out again!

COMIC SANS

Hi guys,

yo, m8, title is not mobile friendly. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I just finished trying it for a couple hours, I hosted many different game modes (ctf, slayer, infection) and was hosting full 16 man servers for the entire time. It was fun, but very buggy...

A lot of things still need improvement but I am really impressed to see Halo 3 on PC. good memories

Hardware: 4790k @ 4.6 GHz w/ H100i - MSI GTX 970 - Define R5 - MSI Z97 PC Mate - 840 EVO - G.Skill 2x4 GB

Peripherals: G402 - ATH-AD700x - Asus VG248QE 144 hz

I will wait until the official release,but that name though....

Well thats what happens when an exe named eldorado gets in the hands of some guys who love those dank memes  :D

Currently this is only RUSSIA closed beta. I was probs the first on here to play the game. It will be OPEN to all when they are finished.

The port is shiity to be honest, its really good. Works well, they have been fixing a lot of bugs, there is not much I can talk about due to NDA but lets say its going to be a awesome port :)

Can you infer in any positive way that we will get all of the Halo series after Halo 2 on PC? 

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

No one is "invading" Russian servers, these modders are making the game available worldwide on separate servers.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

No one is "invading" Russian servers, these modders are making the game available worldwide on separate servers.

Yup. This. You can host your own game or join one on the devs servers. This isn't connected to the official Halo Online in Russia in any way aside from the source of the files.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Yeah got it now

I notice a lot of negative feedback within the PC community, Microsoft has changed a lot over the years, this time they mean it :) Dont belive me? Wait till around November :)

I'd very much like to believe you because of past years full of leaks of Halo game entries on Steam and in drivers via AMD. I think they have planned in the past to release it(MCC) sooner on PC, but the Xbone launch delayed it.

It'd be great to get MCC for PC and the management changes at Microsoft has bode really well for other departments, so we'll see what Microsoft brings to PC in the coming months/years.

Unfortunately that's an engine limitation. Like with Dark Souls 1. It messes with Vehicle Physics to go over 60 FPS.

We have taken the portion of the game they've freely given and are playing it. I fail to see that as piracy.

Here's a thought: I live in Russia. I download the game. I play it for 100's of hours. I never get a single microtransaction.

Have I pirated the game?

No but you've been restricted content otherwise behind a pay wall. So, what I gather is that you have no idea what micro transactions are.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

No but you've been restricted content otherwise behind a pay wall. So, what I gather is that you have no idea what micro transactions are.

The portion of the game we have is sans (i.e. without) the micro transaction conten. I mean, it's moddable, so if someone bothered to make their own, then they could use that, but then it's their own. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

The portion of the game we have is sans (i.e. without) the micro transaction conten. I mean, it's moddable, so if someone bothered to make their own, then they could use that, but then it's their own. 

Does it restrict weapons that would otherwise have been hard to obtain or purchasable with real money? No? Then you're preventing Microsoft from making money off it. I don't support P2W or microtransactions in general, but the fact remains that this IS pirating. Even if it was entirely free, unless they explicitly say it's open source you CANNOT take someones IP and make it your own.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Does it restrict weapons that would otherwise have been hard to obtain or purchasable with real money? No? Then you're preventing Microsoft from making money off it. I don't support P2W or microtransactions in general, but the fact remains that this IS pirating. Even if it was entirely free, unless they explicitly say it's open source you CANNOT take someones IP and make it your own.

It was never claimed to be the property of the modder. This game is actually a mod and therefore isn't piracy-especially considering that its actually free. Copyrights aren't being infringed in any way.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I don't consider preventing someone from making money piracy. 

I consider making money off of someone else's work piracy. 

I got the game for free, when the game is free, and I'm not making money off of it. It's like if I pirated it when I would never buy it. They lose nothing.

† Christian Member †

I don't consider preventing someone from making money piracy.

I consider making money off of someone else's work piracy.

I got the game for free, when the game is free, and I'm not making money off of it. It's like if I pirated it when I would never buy it. They lose nothing.

So when you download a TV show off the pirate bay that has it's ads removed that is otherwise free. That isn't pirating? Them losing something is beside the point. It is illegal regardless.

So when you download a TV show off the pirate bay that has it's ads removed that is otherwise free. That isn't pirating? Them losing something is beside the point. It is illegal regardless.

That's pirating because it's expected that you would watch the ads with the show. Which is a guaranteed revenue stream for the show. Uncertain revenue for the manufacturer's of the products in the ads.

You aren't expected to buy the microtransactions in the same way. The game makers aren't guaranteed revenue stream. It's not the same thing. 

† Christian Member †