How many years to keep PS2 before selling it

asim1999

Well i have the original PS2 in pristine condition (just some dust). I have a ton of games that are well regarded, som of them are:

GTA III

Worms 3D

Lego Star Wars: Original Trilogy

Gran Tourismo 4

Splinter Cell

Harry Potter: CHamber of Secrets

and about 15-20 more

How many years will it be when PS2s are worth a lot of money (considering that it was the most successful console of all time)

And when the time comes, how much will my PS2, 2 controllers and 20+ games be worth?

I have the original box in the attic as well as a nice zipped pouch for all the games (all in pristine condition) 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Today, sell it tomorrow.

You know there were like 150 million of those sold? Maybe 40 years.

I think they still sell new ps2's over here. It was discontinued not too long ago.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Well i have the original PS2 in pristine condition (just some dust). I have a ton of games that are well regarded, som of them are:

GTA III

Worms 3D

Lego Star Wars: Original Trilogy

Gran Tourismo 4

Splinter Cell

Harry Potter: CHamber of Secrets

and about 15-20 more

How many years will it be when PS2s are worth a lot of money (considering that it was the most successful console of all time)

And when the time comes, how much will my PS2, 2 controllers and 20+ games be worth?

I have the original box in the attic as well as a nice zipped pouch for all the games (all in pristine condition) 

10 years or even better , 20 years ... ( Since the release date of the PS2 )

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Considering a lot of people have one, you'll have to wait a long long time...

73cd2c79587afc1148fabfd975f1acd4.jpg

This is a signature.

A very long time, they're not exactly rare. It was the best selling console ever released as far as I know.

10 years or even better , 20 years ... ( Since the release date of the PS2 )

I can keep it as long as is necessary. It is just under my Parents' tv gathering dust

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

You are going to be waiting like 20 years to see any kinda person wanting it for "retro" value even then its not going to be worth a ton.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

So should i just trash it with the 20 games as i have no use for it 

I have two PS2s. One was my dad's and the other I found at a thrift shop for $3. I cleaned it up and they're both in great condition. I'm just gonna hold on to it till it's worth a any money. And if it's not enough I'll just play the games.

Or should i download a PS2 emulator and download a BIOS off the internet to play all the games that i have?

NO WAY!

Keep it for your children dude!

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

there were sold so many copies that you'll have to wait a very long time until it'll be worth something

How much to the 'retro' consoles go for today? I think you can get them for not very much. A PS2 would be way to new to be worth anything now and it will be for a long time.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Hell no, Give it to a charity shop or a cash converters or something.

or

I'd happily take it off yer hands for you if you wanted owo My PS2 is pretty damn broken and i've been procrastinating on getting a replacement

But cause there is so many PS2's around, you'll be waiting up to about 20-30 years or more possibly before you probably could get triple figures for it ??

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

I can keep it as long as is necessary. It is just under my Parents' tv gathering dust

In that case , Wait 50 years , gold plated that and sell it in an auction  B)

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Hell no, Give it to a charity shop or a cash converters or something.

or

I'd happily take it off yer hands for you if you wanted o3o My PS2 is pretty damn broken

If u live in UK then that shouldnt be an issue 

I'd give you everything for £30

I would love to be able to sell a ps2 with some good value, even though I feel one day it will be the most valuable console I also believe it will take forever to become that way. It sold such a retarded amount of units that it's just not going to be rare enough for a long time.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Look at this this way.

complete NES that sold

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NINTENDO-Console-System-NES-Console-Super-Mario-Bundle-Cleaned-New-72-Pin-D-FS-/121690934458?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c55584cba

The NES was replaced in 1990 (I know you could get them new longer but this just makes it easier.) so you can see the NES has been out of date for...25 years at this point.

That NES sold for a total of $145 USD after shipping.

The nes BRAND NEW was $199, so hes losing money still not even factoring in the rate of inflation, after inflation the NES would be approx $435 in todays money.

Lets disregard the fact that the NES sold about 90 million units less then the PS2 (ps2 sales have only been estimated at 155+ Million so for all we know it moved 100 million more units which wouldn't be unreasonable) 

you are probably looking at 20-25 years for the thing to be worth any kind of significant money and even then its still going to be less then what it was new after inflation calculation, (or as in the example of the NES not even sell for more if you disregard inflation) you are likely looking at 40 years to maybe sell it for any kind of collector value..if not more.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I'd give you everything for £30

Sounds good to me :), i live in the UK myself so mailing should be fine.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Sounds good to me :), i live in the UK myself so mailing should be fine

i'll think about it

Most of my friends have, or have owned a PS2.  It's an extremely common to find and easy to get used console at the moment.  It was basically the best selling console of all time, so it's really easy to come by.  You'll basically get the same price for it in the future if you sold it today.

PS2 production ended 2013 so there are still some new ones that haven't been sold yet. I'm guessing 100 years or something till the prices go up for a collectible.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

install linux onto it.... dont bother selling it lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1