Star Citizen FPS Module delayed for the foreseeable future.

Nexxus

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-fps-module-is-delayed-for-the-foreseeable-future/

Those eager to jump into Star Citizen's first-person shooter module will need to wait, because the feature has been delayed indefinitely. In a blogpost on the Robert Space Industries website, Chris Roberts writes that the current FPS build, officially known as Star Marine, "doesn't live up to the standards we want to achieve

"technical blockers and gameplay issues" can be blamed for Star Marine's delay, 
the studio has allocated "additional resources and increased cross-studio focus on the FPS portion of the game".
the protracted development period won't dramatically affect the Star Citizen roadmap, though there will be some impact. 

Shame, I was hoping that the FPS module would be enough to convince me to jump into this finally, looks like im going to be waiting for some other kinda compelling reason to get into it :(

That being said its the right move to make, just blows. Need to find reason to use my A10 stick.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

i dont mind ive been waiting forever already :P

a perfect game needs time

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

. Need to find reason to use my A10 stick.

Space Euro truck simu....I mean, Elite dangerous isn't a good enough reason for that?

Space Euro truck simu....I mean, Elite dangerous isn't a good enough reason for that?

Money is tight right now due to buying a high end camera and needing emergency dental work. was hoping to have that sorted by the time this rolled out. Also I have access to EDs demo though steam sharing it honestly didnt wow me nearly as much as SCs Pax demo.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Fine with me. I'd rather them take the time to make it right, than rush it out and say "we did the best we could to meet our release deadline"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

As long it's made good!

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Well directX12 comes out officially at the end of July.

Vulkan comes out officially a couple of weeks after that.

Since this is delayed they may as well drop DX11 now.

It's gonna be duke nukem:forever all over again

nothing lives up to years of hype

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

This would have been fine three years ago, but please remind me, how long has this thing been "in development"? I, a single person, could have made an actual game with the amount of time Chris has wasted alone.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

This would have been fine three years ago, but please remind me, how long has this thing been "in development"? I, a single person, could have made an actual game with the amount of time Chris has wasted alone.

I could and have made a game in a single hour when I took computer science classes, what is your point?

System Specs

It's gonna be duke nukem:forever all over again

No it's not. They have shown significant progress and deliverables. Also they are not running out of money or resources, different situation.

It is right now in its third year (so 2+ years of development at this point) and no you couldn't.

Ugh just beat me to posting this.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

The game hasn't been in full development for very long at all as it took time to built studios from the ground up.

Games on the scale of Star Citizen always take 4-6 years like Fallout 4 and GTA V so it's pretty good on track considering that the full scale development with all studios and motion capture just started this year.

They haven't wasted time game development just takes long especially when you're pushing the boundaries and doing new things.

RTX2070OC 

I'll be that guy and say it: such is the way of crowd funding: over promise and under deliver

im very content with how project cars ended up and I backed it.

System Specs

I don't get why people are upset over this, it's a game currently in active development where you actually get to play the alpha. You need to realize almost all games in development have delays, you just don't hear about them really because there aren't people of the general public playing/testing the alpha.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

I haven't been following this game a lot, but where do they get money from nowadays? Are they still selling things to the community? I'm not an optimistic fellow usually, so I have some doubts this will end up as good as people think it will. Not saying it'll fail, but it will be just ok.

5c225fcc36bef6930f09dae1993abb86225ae801

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Not sure if I can even run SC. I have a 740m (2gb) with 12 gb ram and an i 7-4700MQ

Is anyone really surprised when they chose Illfonic to develop the FPS module... the studio behind such gems as "Sonic Boom" -_-

Is anyone really surprised when they chose Illfonic to develop the FPS module... the studio behind such gems as "Sonic Boom" -_-

Actually they aren't the reason for the delay.

The problems are the Cryengine back end like netcode, matchmaking, and the 64bit conversion.

They're re-writing entire parts of the engine which just takes time.

The rest of the game like the campaign, art assets, or motion capture are still on time.

RTX2070OC 

They made a big mistake by choosing Cryengine. There is hardly any development on it, performance is really bad, and while not officially confirmed, Crytek would have gone tits up if it weren't for the money injection by (presumably) CIG.

I still think UE4 would have been the better choice by far, any way you look at it.

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD

They made a big mistake by choosing Cryengine. There is hardly any development on it, performance is really bad, and while not officially confirmed, Crytek would have gone tits up if it weren't for the money injection by (presumably) CIG.

I still think UE4 would have been the better choice by far, any way you look at it.

I think at the time they began development cryengine was a logical choice. Looking at it today UE4 seems obvious.