Space x rocket explodes minutes after take off

Pony080905

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

shouldn't this be in off topic?

PC is alive again! :System: CPU:Intel i5 4960k/ Motherboard:ASUS Gryphon Z97/ RAM: Kingston 16GB/ GPU: ASUS R9 Fury X/ Storage: 120gb Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate SSHD/ PSU: Cooler Master 700w/ Displays: 1 Acer B276HK ymjdprz 27-inch 4K Ultra HD/1 ASUS 21.5 LCD LED 21.5 monitor

It is technology so I think it's fine. The issue is that there is no opinion in the OP which is required. It's very weak with no photos or any information from the sources.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Chris Hadfield is actually Periscoping about it right now.

Think it qualifies as tech news TBF

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

it appears that flight was terminated by the Air Force, but no reason was given so far

@Trik'Stari

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Elon Musk just tweeted that there was an overpressure event in the upper stage oxygen tank.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

It is technology so I think it's fine. The issue is that there is no opinion in the OP which is required. It's very weak with no photos or any information from the sources.

Kind of hard to form an opinion about a rocket exploding. What's Pony080905 supposed to say: "I thought the explosion was mighty impressive, however in my opinion there was not enough fire"?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Kind of hard to form an opinion about a rocket exploding. What's Pony080905 supposed to say: "I thought the explosion was mighty impressive, however in my opinion there was not enough fire"?

There was a lack of fire

“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

There was a lack of fire

because the rocket was pre-emptively detonated from the ground

because the rocket was pre-emptively detonated from the ground

Should have put fireworks in it so it looked cooler

These guys really can't catch a break can they

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

These guys really can't catch a break can they

Hey, its rocket science, its not exactly simple. There is always a high chance of faliure when you are basically controlling a continuous explosion at one end of the craft while storing highly explosive material AND oxidizer in most of the rest of the same craft

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Hey, its rocket science, its not exactly simple. There is always a high chance of faliure when you are basically controlling a continuous explosion at one end of the craft while storing highly explosive material AND oxidizer in most of the rest of the same craft

Yea, but spaceX has a much higher failure rate than basically anyone else doing something similar.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Yea, but spaceX has a much higher failure rate than basically anyone else doing something similar.

because basically everyone else is either NASA with its Space Shuttles that have been perfected over decades (and now they dont really have a launch system of their own), Russia's Soyuz, which has been perfected over even more decades, and ESA's Ariane, which has been perfected over decades. notice a trend here? SpaceX has only been a company for 13 years, and have developed 3 different launch systems, a capsule and some misc systems already, with faliure rates that are good enough for NASA cargo missions

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

because basically everyone else is either NASA with its Space Shuttles that have been perfected over decades (and now they dont really have a launch system of their own), Russia's Soyuz, which has been perfected over even more decades, and ESA's Ariane, which has been perfected over decades. notice a trend here? SpaceX has only been a company for 13 years, and have developed 3 different launch systems, a capsule and some misc systems already, with faliure rates that are good enough for NASA cargo missions

I'm not talking about governmental agencies, i'm talking about other private companies. There are a number that are a similar age to spaceX, who don't have nearly as much trouble getting their shit into space.

I only ever seem to hear about SpaceX having something blow up, i've never really heard much about something else blow up

I'm not talking about governmental agencies, i'm talking about other private companies. There are a number that are a similar age to spaceX, who don't have nearly as much trouble getting their shit into space.

I only ever seem to hear about SpaceX having something blow up, i've never really heard much about something else blow up

What are the other ones? Virgin Galactic, doing its tourism space plane thing, someone else?

SpaceX "faliures" are in the news so much, because they actually do several launches a year, as they are contractors to NASA. VG do perhaps 1 or 2, so even with a higher fail rate, you wont see those that much.

FYI, this is the first failure of a Falcon 9 launch. There have only been a couple of issues on other launches but the missions were successful.

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

I feel sorry for Space X for losing a rocket, but boy, it did look quite awesome. Instead of just a boom and then nothing, it first spills what appears to be liquid hydrogen in a big white cloud, then all sorts of bits fall off, then it explodes in a big white puffy cloud, then more rocket bits. It's quite amazing to see how a big rocket gets reduced to almost nothing in such a short time.

Ye ole' train

Look up NASA's failure rate when they were working out how to send up the first missions. Makes you feel a lot less like an idiot when your rocket collapses moments after launch in Kerbal Space Program.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I feel sorry for Space X for losing a rocket, but boy, it did look quite awesome. Instead of just a boom and then nothing, it first spills what appears to be liquid hydrogen in a big white cloud, then all sorts of bits fall off, then it explodes in a big white puffy cloud, then more rocket bits. It's quite amazing to see how a big rocket gets reduced to almost nothing in such a short time.

The explosion was due to the abort command

There's no LH2 inside the Falcon 9

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

The explosion was due to the abort command

There's no LH2 inside the Falcon 9

Where'd ya get that abort command thing? In the press conference NASA specifically said no abort button was pushed (Form Scott Manley's comment under his video: "As far as I've heard the RSO (Range Safety Officer) did not trigger the destruction of the vehicle. This was asked during the press conference and Gwen Shotwell specifically said this didn't happen."

).

And yeah, I mean LOX, not LH2. Turns out it was an overpressure event in the 2nd stage, seems like too much helium got into the LOX tank so it raptured.

Ye ole' train