Hitbox will roll out 4K streaming soon!

AmateurPCGuy

Remember Hitbox?  For those who don't its the live streaming service like Twitch that has smaller delay (since lesser people stream there) but not popular as of yet. But they're evolving at a fast rate. Later today, Hitbox sent this newsletter stating that they will roll out 4K streaming option... in 60 fps later this year...

Talk about overkill. anyway, screenshot of the newsletter is attached.

post-9142-0-64828300-1435465424.png

In all seriousness though, who will stream at 4K? Someone with google fiber?

In all seriousness though, who will stream at 4K? Someone with google fiber?

Well it's going to be a lower bit-rate, I don't see it being higher than 30 Mbps anyway. So anyone with 50 Mbps up should be fine.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

That's gonna take one serious machine to stream at 4k but good for Hitbox for doing it I guess.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I know hitbox... Some CSGO Tournements stream through there... The only advantage of it is that I can watch it through browser on my phone.

Cool tho, always nice to see companies pushing the boundaries of innovation.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

How useless... not only will encoding be difficult, one will need a massive upload speed in order to make 4K look reasonably good. After that, one has to worry about the end user being able to decode it in real time and while having the necessary download speed.  

Its hard already to have viewers to move over from site to site, with people trying to steam 4k, there's going to be a lot of errors and delayed streams.

I wish Hitbox gained more momentum.  It is still far superior to twitch in terms of intractability, latency, and just quality.  

I wish Hitbox gained more momentum. It is still far superior to twitch in terms of intractability, latency, and just quality.

Hitbox is sooooo bad. I have tried to watch it because some tournaments of csgo were moved on there, but it just lags. I have 100mbit down and I can't watch 720p stream on Hitbox.

I think YouTube gaming and twitch will still be the best.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Well it's going to be a lower bit-rate, I don't see it being higher than 30 Mbps anyway. So anyone with 50 Mbps up should be fine.

Internet speed is gonna be the least of your problems (in some places), good luck having the hardware for 4k gaming, let alone streaming.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

How useless... not only will encoding be difficult, one will need a massive upload speed in order to make 4K look reasonably good. After that, one has to worry about the end user being able to decode it in real time and while having the necessary download speed.  

Yea it's so useless to be the first website to offer such a thing for a new technology that is making it's way to mainstream. 

The logic from the butthurt 1080p peasants is real. 

Hitbox just needs to step up their emote game because I actually think they're better than twitch in a lot of other ways. Their emotes are wack though. Twitch emotes are basically a culture now.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Who would want to watch/encode a stream at 4K ? Also Interner bandwidth might be an issue if you want to watch 4K at a decent framerate ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

hitbox is so shit its pure cancer watchign cs streams there laggy and just baaad

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Yea it's so useless to be the first website to offer such a thing for a new technology that is making it's way to mainstream. 

The logic from the butthurt 1080p peasants is real. 

lol 720p*. It's simply a limitation of bandwidth my friend.

Who would want to watch/encode a stream at 4K ? Also Interner bandwidth might be an issue if you want to watch 4K at a decent framerate ...

Me. 

I get it if you cant do it, but that doesn't mean that those of us that can shouldn't be able to. 

You need a lot of bit-rate to make 4k 60fps h.264 video not look over-compressed. I guarantee they will not reach anywhere near those numbers. 4K streaming will not be any good until h.265 is used. Not to mention to encode 4k 60fps in real time with any real quality (with reasonable levels of compression) you need insane processing power. I mean, fair enough you can stream a 4k 60fps 15mbps poorly encoded stream if you want, but you're probably going to be chasing higher resolution at the expense of video quality.

From their blog:

Be aware that you need a proper internet connection and a browser that supports the technology (Chrome) to enjoy this ultra high quality. A 4k 60fps stream takes around 15 to 20mbit.

yay competition twitch get ur asses ready and match them before you loose everyone 

lol 720p*. It's simply a limitation of bandwidth my friend.

No, not console peasants. PC peasants that are stuck at 1080p max and complain that 4k is coming simply because they can't do it. If it isn't obvious (it is) I'm talking about you. 

Well, I don't see this going wrong in any way. Nope, not at all.

A 30Mbps live stream? Good joke.

No, not console peasants. PC peasants that are stuck at 1080p max and complain that 4k is coming simply because they can't do it. If it isn't obvious (it is) I'm talking about you. 

You are missing his point. Gaming in 4K is great, sure. However, capturing and rendering a 4k video stream @ 60fps and broadcasting that video all in real time is practically impossible (as things stand). Without it looking like total shit or using bandwidth that simply nobody has. Do a quick test, capture 4k 60fps with shadowplay @30mbps and tell me how it looks. Or capture lossless 4k video @ 60fps, and try to encode that shit to h.264 in real time at a broadcastable bitrate.

You are missing his point. Gaming in 4K is great, sure. However, capturing and rendering a 4k video stream @ 60fps and broadcasting that video all in real time is practically impossible (as things stand). Without it looking like total shit or using bandwidth that simply nobody has. Do a quick test, capture 4k 60fps with shadowplay @30mbps and tell me how it looks. Or capture lossless 4k video @ 60fps, and try to encode that shit to h.264 in real time at a broadcastable bitrate.

Just because you can't do it doesn't mean someone else can't. Saying something is impossible simply because your internet/computer isn't fast enough is stupid thinking. 

Just because you can't do it doesn't mean someone else can't. Saying something is impossible simply because your internet/computer isn't fast enough is stupid thinking. 

The only stupid thinking going on here, is your ability to turn any comment into a "who has the bigger dick" contest.

Your reading comprehension isn't great either, I never stated anything was impossible. I refer you to my two last posts in this thread. If you still don't understand, and somehow think a 4K 60fps livestream at 15-20mbps is not "Peasant material" then feel free to carry on with your drivel.

People said the same thing about 1080p back in the day.  Hardware gets better. (Internet infrastructure on the other hand...)

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

The only stupid thinking going on here, is your ability to turn any comment into a "who has the bigger dick" contest.

Your reading comprehension isn't great either, I never stated anything was impossible. I refer you to my two last posts in this thread. If you still don't understand, and somehow think a 4K 60fps livestream at 15-20mbps is not "Peasant material" then feel free to carry on with your drivel.

You're clearly butthurt you can't do 4k and want to believe that nobody has the ability to do it. We aren't talking about flying to the moon. We're talking about streaming video in a higher resolution than 1080pleb. I can do it. Plenty of people on here can do it. You can't, and it makes you angry. Get over yourself. People want 4k streaming and your argument is silly.