GTX 970 or is there any AMDs alternatives?

iM8Pizza

And how about the PSU? My current one is 400w...how many watts should I need to run an R9 390X?

http://m.hardocp.com/article/2015/06/18/msi_r9_390x_gaming_8g_video_card_review/10#.VZNG5kZFutJ

With their test system, being a beast, consider it may be higher than what you'd get. But its still quite high for you.

R9 390X   Peak Power Draw 477W

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-radeon-r9-390x-review

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

And how about the PSU? My current one is 400w...how many watts should I need to run an R9 390X?

400w psu, that's a rarity. Get a r9 390 since you're only running a 1080p monitor. Use the extra $100 to upgrade your psu, its honestly quite pathetic and has no headroom for any future compatibility.

You always want to give yourself plenty of room. You want your peak power needed (with a  390x that's around 500 watts depending) at about 70%. That gives you plenty of room and doesn't stress the PSU. Pushing the psu to 90-100% of its output may in theory sound okay because good ones are designed to do that but doing that always ups the risk that something gets pushed just too far and breaks and the psu takes out half the system with it.

So if I were you I would look into at least 650W psu probably 700-750. And if you are spending that much on a graphics card I would certainly find at least a gold 80+ psu preferably platinum because they have better more reliable parts in them.

And..... I don't really know which brand are good at PSUs and which type I should get... I need help on this one as well...Captains(?)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

And..... I don't really know which brand are good at PSUs and which type I should get... I need help on this one as well...Captains(?)

I have a preference for the platinum rated corsair ones ( yes I know they don't actually build them but they picked out a damn good company to get them from so shush).

A lot of people say good things about the seasonics as well.

I have a preference for the platinum rated corsair ones ( yes I know they don't actually build them but they picked out a damn good company to get them from so shush).

yup 

corsair ax860i

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&file=print&reid=317

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

Left side = GTX970

Right side = R9-290

gfx.jpg

So legit.(ง ͠ ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Much trusted.(ง ͠ ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Awesome how you compare a reference card design to an aftermarket design

How much are they? I mean... I'd like to have one which cost around $100 because it saves money...but if it's around that price and not goid then I'm willing to pay more....I know I could just check google but damn..... I barely get a signal here....

I say go for a 290. A good deal cheaper than the 970, for comparable performance. Avoid the reference card, though.

Wait on the Nano dude. If you really don't want Nvidia, I'd wait on the Nano. It's going to be really close in cost to the 390 series but it should be faster with far less wattage.

is a 500w enough?

Just get the 970. Worth it

getting the R9 390... little bit cheaper, does little bit more

with R9 390 i would suggest to go with 650w + this card eats alot of power.

If you want to go CF with this just go straight 1000W 

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

Benchmarks ive seen say about 400W totally system pull on a with an i5. 500W is cutting it close Id suggest 600-650 ish.

Don't forget 780 Ti

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Those are not cheap new and at that price point I think I would opt for a 390x to be honest. Especially since the 780 ti maybe lacking in full directX 12 support.

Yes OP there is a better AMD alternative:

Yes OP there is a better AMD alternative:

this video is a comparison i was looking for, for about a week thank you for posting

or should I go with the Seasonic SS 600W ET, I don't know which one is best, but I heard that Seasonics are awesome at the PSUs market...and I would love to have something that is not hot....

or should I go with the Seasonic SS 600W ET, I don't know which one is best, but I heard that Seasonics are awesome at the PSUs market...and I would love to have something that is not hot....

Didn't you say you want a Plat rated Psu?

If you are looking for PSU around a $100 that aren't Bronze rated:

Gold Rated:

Seasonic SSr-650Rm ($114 on Amazon)

Coolermaster V650 ($93 on Amazon)

Corsair RM650 ($109 on Newegg)

Corsair RM750 ($119 on Amazon)

Plat Rated:

FSP PT-650 ($119 on Amazon)

R9 390x/290x unless your willing to save for a 980/980Ti or a potential 970Ti (I hope there is one!)

Is superflower available from where you're buying from?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case