why is it "acceptable" for men to be topless, but not women?

Overkilled

because you don't hide what doesn't dangle.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I've always wondered

Cause the patriarchy.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

because you don't hide what doesn't dangle.

This.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

A man not wearing a top is the exact same thing as a woman not wearing a top

A man not wearing a top is the exact same thing as a woman not wearing a top

yeah, except for the attention and police calls.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Men used to not be able to either but they protested and now they're able to. The women never did anything about it. Also, it's been that way for so long that if they did it now they would get too much attention and it would be thought of as a distraction. It's only sexual because it's hidden though. If everyone saw boobs 24/7 they would eventually loose their excitement and nobody would care anymore, but the fact that you don't really see them unless it's with your gf/wife/whoever or in dirty internet videos, etc. just makes you want to see them even more and it makes them into something sexual. At least that's my opinion on that. But i honestly don't really get it either. Although if it happened now it probably wouldn't go well xD Society has a lot of problems lol.

Just a normal guy with a constant desire to modify everything he owns. 

Check out my current build here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006447-the-cake-is-a-lie-water-cooled-portal-pc/

yeah, except for the attention and police calls.

in the state of New York its legal for women to be topless in public. They just arnt...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

If they started going topless i wouldn't mind it. Society might grind to a halt for a few days as the majority of the male population "recover" from seeing a lot of tits

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Maybe because a man's sexual parameters would be considered to be his groin, or his penis, whereas with women it's their groin (their vagina and buttocks) and their breasts... 

Women's tits are sexually attractive, therefore it's taboo.

Men's tits aren't sexually attractive, unless you do musculation, then pectorals become taboo aren't specially good to show in public.

AMD 860K @ 4.3GHz ; Kingston HyperX Fury 2400MHz ; Asus A88XM-Plus ; Sapphire R9 270X 2GB ; 600W Tacens Radix VII AG 80+Silver  ; Cooler Master TX3 Evo

Actually it's not women's choice but men's choice: many of you say "yeah boobies!" but would go into full blown sexual jealousy if your significant other would go around topless gathering a lot of male attention. Way too many men tell their wives, daughters and girlfriends what to wear and what not to wear out of their own insecurities.

-------

Current Rig

-------

In most places it's perfectly legal for women to be topless.

New york city, for example. Some woman got arrested for not wearing anything above the waist and sued the city for 90,000 dollars or something. And won

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Have you seen some women? Thank god for clothing

Op just wants to see tatas

And damn it I don't blame hima

Besides all the logical, biological reasons, here's a thought.

https://youtu.be/yThuRcpRs1Q?t=17s

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO

I also wonder, why women care more about covering their nipples than the whole package? It's like if you cover the nipples, you're not considered naked, no matter how much skin you are showing. Why even bother covering at all at that point?

I hope this is sarcastic, feminism would actually move towards a woman's body being treated the same as a man's.

-

Why do women get second place in basically everything else? I guess it's all for the same reason. But if a woman wants to breastfeed her child, I guess the guys around her can't keep it in their pants long enough.

I'm sure people thought they had good reasons at some point. It shouldn't be treated any differently though. Then again, I think people should be able to walk around naked freely, but people don't tend to agree for some reason.