Good games that dont require a high-end graphics card

Hey! I was just wondering if you know some games that dont require a +100$ grapgics card. I mean like a: GTX 580 or 560ti. I have a GTX 275 myself, bought it because i only wanted to play CS:GO on it.

My whole system is a 3570k, 8Gb ram, GTX 275. I have a 500w 80 plus silver, so it would be nice if you also could recommend a gpu that does ot require more than 500w. 

I am playing l4d2, and looking to buy Just Cause 2 or Sniper Elite 3, if the gpu can handle it. 

Insurgency.

Hey! I was just wondering if you know some games that dont require a +100$ grapgics card. I mean like a: GTX 580 or 560ti. I have a GTX 275 myself, bought it because i only wanted to play CS:GO on it.

My whole system is a 3570k, 8Gb ram, GTX 275. I have a 500w 80 plus silver, so it would be nice if you also could recommend a gpu that does ot require more than 500w. 

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Sleeping Dogs

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Battleblock theater.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Minecraft ^_^

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

untuned

garys mod

and a new indie game thats comming to steam in a bit called scraps, its sortof a make-a-car-and-kill-all-other-cars kind of thing thats pritty fun theres a demo thats free if you just google scraps game

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

street legal racing redline. minecraft, the sims 4 actually plays on my GT610 on high at 60FPS, surprisingly. also, SimCity is another good one.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Portal ran pretty well on a GT555M but not sure how it stacks up to a GTX 275.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

OK, question to the OP, how do you have a 3570K and only a 275?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Portal 2 runs well on my PC too, so that should say quite a bit ;)

(Portal and Source engine as a whole is more CPU based)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Borderlands 2

Bioshock

Company of Heroes (Series)

Dawn of War (Series)

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Dishonored

Don't Starve

Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning

Skyrim

Killing Floor

Payday 2

Running with Rifles

Spintires

Stardrive

TERA

Torchlight II

Fallout 3

Fallout New Vegas

Supreme Commander

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance

Rainbow Six Vegas 2

World of Tanks

War Thunder

Path of Exile

FEAR (Series)

I've run all of these on a GTS 250, your 275 should handle them just fine.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Haha, i used all my $$$ on my cpu and motherboard (MSI mpower z77). Didnt need a good gpu, since csgo was the only game i played, now it got kinda boring and i want to upgrade. I

also live in Noway, so its not many used cards to buy. A new GTX 970 costs 3500 NOK or 445 dollars. Dont know if its cheaper in US @terrytek

Thomas was alone

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

Obvious: Any source-valve game (HL series, TF2, and Portal in particular), Minecraft, etc.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, a bit childish but still fun in my opinion.

Sim City 4, great city building game.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Obvious: Any source-valve game (HL series, TF2, and Portal in particular), Minecraft, etc.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, a bit childish but still fun in my opinion.

Sim City 4, great city building game.

You seriously just spoke my mind. I loved those games to death. Especially RCT 3. I can't stop playing that game for hours.

GTX 980/ti

portal runs on potato :D

Haha, i used all my $$$ on my cpu and motherboard (MSI mpower z77). Didnt need a good gpu, since csgo was the only game i played, now it got kinda boring and i want to upgrade. I

also live in Noway, so its not many used cards to buy. A new GTX 970 costs 3500 NOK or 445 dollars. Dont know if its cheaper in US @terrytek

You could also look into buying an AMD card, if any of the R# 200 series are still available, they should be stupidly cheap at this point. You could easily get a R9 270 or even 280 for cheaper than a 960 and get better or similar performance (depending on the card).

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I'm playing arkham knight with a 560ti right now

I played the Evil Within on it and the witcher 3,

I don't think there are any recent games that "require" high end graphics

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Contagion 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

OK, question to the OP, how do you have a 3570K and only a 275?

I had the same but a GT610 for 1 1/2 years. 

I could not watch 1080p YouTube with my other monitor on or it would lag. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz