AMD Radeon fury pricing announced for Australia.

AMD unveiled its new R9 and R7 300 graphics cards in Sydney yesterday, along with release dates and prices for the region. Most are already out in the wild, but the biggest news is that the R9 Fury X will be available on June 25, ie, this Thursday.

So the fury x has been priced in Australia and New Zealand. It looks like it's competing with the 980 ti in pricing.

Here is the pricing.

post-200884-0-57399900-1435038810.jpg

Link.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

How much is the 980ti there? Ouch, that pricing tho.

980 ti in oz about 1k and the titan 1.5k

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

I bet every retailer will round it up to 1k.  Not bad though 50-100 cheaper than most 980ti.

980 ti in oz about 1k and the titan 1.5k

I thought prices were high in Canada damn... 980ti's are $800-860 here.  So that should put the fury x at $700 something here.

Fuck yes, considering a factory watercooled 980ti like the EVGA Hydbrid starts at $1150 the FuryX is priced very well.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I thought prices were high in Canada damn... 980ti's are $800-860 here.  So that should put the fury x at $700 something here.

We have a reason to be a bit annoyed. You have cheaper 980 Ti's than the US.. I see there are still a lot of Canadians not used to having a lower value currency. AUD/CAD are roughly the same value atm.

Off topic: It doesn't mean it costs more when your currency is lower by the way, income is adjusted due to it. It's actually good for you since you do a lot of exporting of oil so it grows your economy.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

We have a reason to be a bit annoyed. You have cheaper 980 Ti's than the US.. I see there are still a lot of Canadians not used to having a lower value currency. AUD/CAD are roughly the same value atm.

Were def not cheaper then the US. Their cheapest 980ti is $650. I liked our currency when it was abouve the USD.. Oh how I dream of that again.. So much cheap stuff going over the border lol 

EDIT: Income  has nothing to do with it. Exchange rate yes..The exchange actually works out perfect for that same model.

What about the Fury Nano though? More interested in prices for that...

Edit: Or was it called R9 Nano? Can't remember...

What about the Fury Nano though? More interested in prices for that...

That card won't be coming till July I think

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

That card won't be coming till July I think

Oh well, only wanted pricing for future planning.

*Walks out of the room* 'Nonononononononono'. No.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Were def not cheaper then the US. Their cheapest 980ti is $650. I liked our currency when it was abouve the USD.. Oh how I dream of that again.. So much cheap stuff going over the border lol 

EDIT: Income  has nothing to do with it. Exchange rate yes..The exchange actually works out perfect for that same model.

Almost as if you didn't read what I said. I didn't say income has anything to do with pricing, I said it is compensated for the change in exchange rates so you're not losing more money than you usually would. Also if your cheapest 980 Ti is $800 CAD that would mean it's $760 CAD at retail since the resellers are passing on the GST that doesn't actually count when comparing it to US pricing.  760 CAD = 615.91 USD. Therefore it's cheaper than their cheapest at $650.

Also, since you are a very export heavy country. It is actually good for you and the rest of your citizens for your dollar to be at where it is. If it's the same as US you will bring in less revenue which can cripple your economy.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

If that's after tax, then its the same price as in Canada (taking into account for exchange rates).

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Almost as if you didn't read what I said. I didn't say income has anything to do with pricing, I said it is compensated for the change in exchange rates so you're not losing more money than you usually would. Also if your cheapest 980 Ti is $800 CAD that would mean it's $760 CAD at retail since the resellers are passing on the GST that doesn't actually count when comparing it to US pricing.  760 CAD = 615.91 USD. Therefore it's cheaper than their cheapest at $650.

Also, since you are a very export heavy country. It is actually good for you and the rest of your citizens for your dollar to be at where it is. If it's the same as US you will bring in less revenue which can cripple your economy.

Theres no mention of exchange rate in your post. Since when is gst included in the price?haha  Im done here. Have nice day sir.

How much is the 980ti there? Ouch, that pricing tho.

the 980 TI hybrid from EVGA is $1149 and is the fairer competitor in price and performance as they are both watercooled. the std Ti's will loose by 5% maybe. but the water cooled TI's overclock by 40-50 % IM NOT KIDDING lol stock is 1000mhz, but 1480mhz is an easy o/c

so the Fury is about $200 cheaper than that model. 

Theres no mention of exchange rate in your post. Since when is gst included in the price?haha  Im done here. Have nice day sir.

We have GST here and by law it's required to be included. So I assumed your number of 800 CAD included GST. Even if it didn't your 980 Ti is cheaper than one from the USA.

Off topic: It doesn't mean it costs more when your currency is lower by the way, income is adjusted due to it. It's actually good for you since you do a lot of exporting of oil so it grows your economy.

Thought it was implied that I meant lower value relative to the USD.

My point is, you shouldn't say things like 

I thought prices were high in Canada damn..

Since they're actually lower compared to the US.

What are you going on about? The cheapest 980 Ti I can currently find is from NCIX.com, going for $809.99 CAD.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/zotac-geforce-gtx-980-ti-c6-109976.htm

That's BEFORE taxes. We don't use VAT here, so the sales tax is on top of the retail.

So, let's take, Ontario for example, which currently has an HST (Harmonized Sales Tax, basically a combo tax that includes federal + provincial) of 13%.

809.99 x 1.13 = $915.29

So that's $915 after tax. NOT $760...

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

We have GST here and by law it's required to be included. So I assumed your number of 800 CAD included GST. Even if it didn't your 980 Ti is cheaper than one from the USA.

Thought it was implied that I meant lower value relative to the USD.

My point is, you shouldn't say things like 

Since they're actually lower compared to the US.

I didn't want to reply to you after the last comment . But here we go.You know nothing about our tax system but yet you just assumed you did. Just like you assume US prices are more expensive. Which they're not . <_< Maybe you should just stop backpedaling. 

While cad and Aus are close remember the economy over there is much better. They earn much more than Canadians do on average.

Intel Core I7-4790K 4.5GHz 1.225V, NZXT Kraken x60 AIO Cooler, EVGA Z97 FTW Board, Kingston Fury 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram, EVGA GTX 980 TI SC+ ACX GPU, Corsair Air 540 Case w/ 3x120MM & 3x140MM Cougar Red LED Fans, EVGA G1 650W 80+ Gold PSU, Crucial MX100 512GB SSD, Samsung UD590 4k 60Hz Monitor

While cad and Aus are close remember the economy over there is much better. They earn much more than Canadians do on average.

My point was that when comparing prices between the US and Canada without tax applied, Canada is cheaper. That's all. The Canadians that just replied to me decided to be dismissive and ignore that fact that you cannot complain about high prices due to tax that their own government implemented at their behest.

My point was that when comparing prices between the US and Canada without tax applied, Canada is cheaper. That's all. The Canadians that just replied to me decided to be dismissive and ignore that fact that you cannot complain about high prices due to tax that their own government implemented at their behest.

But it's not cheaper. It might not be as bad as some Canadian's think, but it's still more expensive.

For example:

The exact same Zotac 980 Ti I linked earlier, on NewEgg US:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500376&cm_re=zt-90501-10p-_-14-500-376-_-Product

$649.99 USD. That is basically the absolute cheapest I have personally seen, bar any abnormally high sale prices.

Current exchange rate:

1 US Dollar equals 1.23 Canadian Dollar

So that means:

$649.99 USD = $802.69 CAD

So it's still cheaper in the USA, even if it's only by $6 difference. Not to mention, taxes are still on top of that, and many US States have very low sales tax rates (Although it does vary).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Looks like, as always, the Fury/Fury Nano will be the best bang for the buck!

IMHO, the Nano looks the most interesting, easily. Can't wait!

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on