Xbox Boss Phil Spencer: I Want To Give People A Choice

TwistedDictator

this

You didnt even watch the video.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

You didnt even watch the video.

Yes I did...we just dont have clear answers, a handful of token games, or a full library

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Even better, we'll get PC versions of 1 and 2 that don't suck.

It's been ages since I've played it but I don't recall Halo: CE being that bad on the PC.

It's been ages since I've played it but I don't recall Halo: CE being that bad on the PC.

Maybe it's because the last time I played it it was a cracked version I got from some website, but it has a lot of stuttering problems if you try to go over 30FPS.

Pair that with the weird as hell resolution options and it's just not a very good port.

I didn't remember it being that bad either, but back then I was young enough to not care about framerate and resolution.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Maybe it's because the last time I played it it was a cracked version I got from some website, but it has a lot of stuttering problems if you try to go over 30FPS.

Pair that with the weird as hell resolution options and it's just not a very good port.

I didn't remember it being that bad either, but back then I was young enough to not care about framerate and resolution.

It has no FPS issues and it has 4K support with the latest patch that was given nearly a decade after its launch. I think it and Halo 2 were just fine as far as ports go, Halo 2 simply got trashed because MS thought it was a good idea to have it be a Vista only title. 

I just want Destiny on the PC!

No.  You really don't...

(Destiny owner on PS4)

Since when was 4k a feature? (Phil Spencer lists it as a feature and makes it seem like a marvel) Isn't it just possible with pretty much any game? It's just the resolution at which the game renders a scene, can be done all the way to 8k in games like crysis afaik unless I'm missing something major, UI elements perhaps? 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Source

Interview:

https://youtu.be/Pjh1Uo_xaSQ?t=3h25m56s

Dont know why the youtube link embed with the forum

skip to 3h 25min and 56 seconds

I cant wait for more games to come over! Xbox has some awesome games such as Halo! I really cant wait... Phil Spencer has been awesome over the months :)

I'm glad. I was planning on buying an XBOX for Forza and Halo, but with him doing this, there's no need. Thanks, Phil!

Good to see I was right in my initial prediction about the streaming games on pc from xbone. "we don't need to port it, you can stream it over!".....because I built a $1500 gaming rig, ,so that my games could be rendered by a $399 piece of junk.

I should be able to do that and to try force people to buy something by excluding their choice.”

fuck-you-cartoon-meme_large.gif

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It has no FPS issues and it has 4K support with the latest patch that was given nearly a decade after its launch. I think it and Halo 2 were just fine as far as ports go, Halo 2 simply got trashed because MS thought it was a good idea to have it be a Vista only title. 

Its not Vista only though, I've installed it just fine under Windows 7 with no extra tweaking needed, and it doesn't take long to get it working under XP.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

the FOV is extremely low on consoles

it was near impossible to play skyrim on a 360 

i got a headache

So true the fov and stupid motion blur makes me feel sick when playing consoles now that I'm not used to it anymore from having pc for the past two years.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Good to see I was right in my initial prediction about the streaming games on pc from xbone. "we don't need to port it, you can stream it over!".....because I built a $1500 gaming rig, ,so that my games could be rendered by a $399 piece of junk.

fuck-you-cartoon-meme_large.gif

In reference to "I should be able to do that and to try force people to buy something by excluding their choice.”" I'm pretty sure that's a misquote that should say "not try to" because as is its the opposite of everything he said just seconds prior.

Secondly, what are you talking about implying they aren't porting games because of the streaming feature? Killer Instinct, Fable Legends, Gigantic, and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition are all coming to Windows.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

In reference to "I should be able to do that and to try force people to buy something by excluding their choice.”" I'm pretty sure that's a misquote that should say "not try to" because as is its the opposite of everything he said just seconds prior.

Secondly, what are you talking about implying they aren't porting games because of the streaming feature? Killer Instinct, Fable Legends, Gigantic, and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition are all coming to Windows.

I see no Halo, Fable has already been on PC before, (one and two). The rest I don't really care about, but that's just me. Mainly, it's the Halo thing though. Their actions do not back up their words, as they're still keeping their biggest franchise exclusive (unless you stream it).

Again, I admit, I'm completely Biased.

I see no Halo, Fable has already been on PC before, (one and two). The rest I don't really care about, but that's just me. Mainly, it's the Halo thing though. Their actions do not back up their words, as they're still keeping their biggest franchise exclusive (unless you stream it).

Again, I admit, I'm completely Biased.

They didn't keep Halo 1 and 2 a console exclusive, just the rest of the series.

PMSL

They didn't keep Halo 1 and 2 a console exclusive, just the rest of the series.

I am aware of this. I would like to get 4 and 5 on PC so I can finish the story. I don't care about Multiplayer on Halo ever since they ruined it by introducing the battle rifle.

I am aware of this. I would like to get 4 and 5 on PC so I can finish the story.

I'd like Halo 3 as well. If a console launches with issues such as the RROD, then I will never be buying it because its of a far lower quality than my original Xbox (which I've recently discovered has a few frame rate issues in Mechassault 2 when you've got more than a couple of mechs fighting).

PMSL

Thats just the start too. More serious rumblings of Halo MCC on PC have been cropping up, MS bothered to pay for a region specific Halo 3 for Russia (a completely unique market where F2P works well). MS isn't oblivious to the PC sector, contrary to what experts here say. 

MS also has a franchise to protect. Halo 5 is the first mainstream FPS that integrates micro transactions that affect (and contribute towards) a gametype. That is huge. Thats usually reserved for PC F2P FPS games. MS is incorporating things that work on BOTH sides, they aren't neglecting on the level that we love to think they are.