Share Laptop screen and screenshare via zoom

Hey guys, 

Im running into this issue and was really hoping someone more knowledgeable then me could possibly help me. I currently have a 2 monitor setup. I want to connect my laptop screen to show on my second monitor, I've plugged it in and got the display to show my laptop screen on my second monitor whilst keeping my main monitor working. The issue is i want to be able to zoom screenshare from my main computer to pick up the laptop screen and I'm confused as to how to do that, as when i try to do that it doesn't work. I was hoping maybe someone could help me as I've been struggling to fix this for awhile now and cannot seem to come to a conclusion

5 hours ago, Ambo said:

Hey guys, 

Im running into this issue and was really hoping someone more knowledgeable then me could possibly help me. I currently have a 2 monitor setup. I want to connect my laptop screen to show on my second monitor, I've plugged it in and got the display to show my laptop screen on my second monitor whilst keeping my main monitor working. The issue is i want to be able to zoom screenshare from my main computer to pick up the laptop screen and I'm confused as to how to do that, as when i try to do that it doesn't work. I was hoping maybe someone could help me as I've been struggling to fix this for awhile now and cannot seem to come to a conclusion

For that, you'd need to install a capture card into your PC. There are cheap ones that you can plug into a USB-A port, but they limit the resolution and refresh rate. Then you'd have to set up a virtual camera in OBS that displays what comes into the capture card. I don't think you can directly screenshare a different computer's screen. You could also go the easier route of downloading a remote control software like AnyDesk and screensharing that while you're remoted into your laptop. That's gonna have some quality loss because it needs to be compressed a total of two times before getting to your call members (once in AnyDesk and another time in Zoom)

download anydesk on my laptop or main computer? I dont know if this is even possible as im trying to screenshare from my computer and have it capture my laptop's screen 

5 minutes ago, Ambo said:

download anydesk on my laptop or main computer? I dont know if this is even possible as im trying to screenshare from my computer and have it capture my laptop's screen 

Both. Then you remote into your laptop from your desktop and screenshare AnyDesk on your PC, which is showing your laptop's screen. That would be the cheapest solution