Will it game? AMD budget build.

Yeah it's alright for the price I guess.

You could save some money by going 2nd hand GPU or removing the DVD drive (How often do you still use a dvd?)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

its ok, but that graphics card is no titan x  <_<

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

I would get a build like this:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hTLBpg
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hTLBpg/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($64.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ECS Z97-PK (V1.0) Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($61.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card  ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill FBM-02 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($21.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($34.00 @ Newegg)
Total: $396.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-21 04:01 EDT-0400

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Made a list for about the price of a console. What do you think will it game? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ddRbQ7

Got a better list for a comparable price post it below.

CPU: AMD FX-4350 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($34.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($43.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: OCZ ARC 100 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($44.00 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($119.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $399.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-21 04:02 EDT-0400

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

If you can up the budget by $30 then this would be an even better build then the one I originally suggested:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PNMdTW
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PNMdTW/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($64.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ECS Z97-PK (V1.0) Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($61.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280 3GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card  ($151.00 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill FBM-02 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($21.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($34.00 @ Newegg)
Total: $427.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-21 04:02 EDT-0400

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Made a list for about the price of a console. What do you think will it game? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ddRbQ7

It will game, and sadly it will be on par with current day consoles(good thing for PC gaming though). You could remove the DVD drive and get a better GPU( 260x or 750 ti maybe?), but I understand that you want to make it a fair comparison. Also, what about the controller(or KB+MS)? Cant forget those :P.

Yeah it's alright for the price I guess.

You could save some money by going 2nd hand GPU or removing the DVD drive (How often do you still use a dvd?)

Good Point.

...This would be an even better build then the one I originally suggested...

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258

Dual cores no longer suffice new games he would get Soooo much better performance going with a quad core even if made by AMD.

Good Point.

Personally, I would just spend a bit more to get a lot more (out of your money).

I never understood these console killer builds, because at 400 dollars I don't think you will have an amazing experience gaming..

While at 500 dollars or 550, you will get a lot more. And you will have room to upgrade

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Dual cores no longer suffice new games he would get Soooo much better performance going with a quad core even if made by AMD.

Atleast by going to Intel he is on the LGA1150 platform to upgrade to I5's in the future and games benifit from fewer stronger cores rather than a lot of weak cores.

Nice guys. Just to be clear I'm not building this it' just for fun. Just seeing what we can do for about a console price which is pretty much $350 to $400. 

Atleast by going to Intel he is on the LGA1150 platform to upgrade to I5's in the future and games benifit from fewer stronger cores rather than a lot of weak cores.

Your giving him something that will be horrendous to play new triple A titles on unless be spends even more money on a i5 later on the road.

New games are starting to require a quad core in order to get a experience that is anywhere near playable, stronger cores are good, but you need at least 4 cores to have a good gaming PC now, the days of budget dual core PC's are near dead.

If you bought used hardware, you could make something that wrecks.

To be fair though you would have to compare to the price of a used console.

Got a better list for a comparable price post it below.

Here's another one I've got.

Motherboard: ASRock B85M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($61.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: OCZ ARC 100 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($44.00 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R7 260X 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($112.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Xion XON-560 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $396.59
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-21 04:20 EDT-0400

Pros: SSD for essential programs and boot, R7 260x (pretty decent for such a cheapo build), 500W PSU for the future, socket 1150 board for better CPUs in the future, 1 Tb of HDD storage (good for games), G3258 allows for some reasonable OCing, CrossFire support for new dual card solutions in the future.

Cons: Cheap case, bad processor in the long run, I really don't trust that case...

Wait... I forgot RAM...

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

Bad is a understatement, the thing would have a good average framerates, but the stuturing would kill.

Oh, yeah... I was actually considering using an FX versus the Pentium G.

The FX series is 4 years old, the best choice is what OP went with, the 860K is the mighty A10 7850K without the integrated GPU.

Honestly, I think for an under $400 build, AMD could be easily considered above low-tier Intel i processors.

Do you honestly not know who makes the 860K or A10 7850K.

What the fuck is wrong with me today? Holy balls, I know they're AMD, but for some reason I saw the "K" and my mind jumped to Intel...