Most painful faulty product you have had to return?

Mind you, it was a brand new piece, unpacked, so it was broken out of the box :(

It was not his fault, must of got damaged in shipping or was pre broken if you will :P

He helped me go through the process kindly enough of getting a new one as he still had it under warranty and here I am with a brand new H110 :3

I happened to have my Ducky Shine 3 LED die after 6 months of purchase so I sent it for a repair, took 2 weeks to get it back fixed and the next day after I got it back another LED died so I sent it for another repair and within a week they said that the mainboard is faulty so they will send me a new keyboard. I got the new one a week later and after 6 months the new one had the same problem so I sent it back, took 2 weeks for them to check and I finally had to settle for the same keyboard but with red LEDs instead of blue since they discontinued the keyboard by then.

So far it's working fine and they renewed my 1 year warranty because of all the hassle. Apparently they never had anyone this unlucky or with the mainboard failure xD I guess I can't complain since I had a new keyboard ever 6 months and I love it anyway :)

LOL! The chair, did it survive? 

fortunately it wasn't a straight on hit and the phone sort of slid off the chair ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Bought 6 Seagate 7200.11 1TB back a few years ago, 4 DOA, 2 'worked' (1 was making terrible noises).  Returned them all for 1TB WD Black and Newegg freaking drop shipped my new ones while I sent back the defectives, sweeeet!

They were pretty new when I bought them, a few weeks later I see TONS of threads about some firmware issue, man that must have sucked for them, have not bought a Seagate drive since, WD reds and blacks FTW :)

My college overcharged my tuition if that counts. I never got that back though because my school is inefficient and unethical. That was a painful and hopeless task trying to to sort it out.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

cheap gaming mouse for $7 each I bought 3 of it

it will dies for less than a month (all of it), keep RMA it for almost 6months, until I get tired because the cost going back and forth is far more than the initial price

replace everything with $2 logitech mouse, problem solved eversince.

My iPhone 4s a few years ago, more than two weeks without a smartphone/music player ..

it felt weird and good at the same time.

My iPhone 4s a few years ago, more than two weeks without a smartphone/music player ..

it felt weird and good at the same time.

I think I am gonna be on the same boat as you buddy =Z

I had to RMA my month-old motherboard due to the Sandy Bridge SATA problem. It was a cramped build, so a nightmare to take it all apart again.

I had issue early on my build, good thing I was still doing a mock setup. Considering it was my first, I'm already nervous as is. Not to mention I only started watching how-to-build vids online as soon as the PC parts started getting shipped (only did a couple days of homework, thanks PCPartpicker.com for compatability checks).

Anyway, one of the ram sticks was faulty(4x4gb) and had to RMA it back to Newegg. I thought I overdid it, considering almost $4k invested with the only help of YouTube guides.

Kinda feel proud about isolating that problem, it was definitely fun building my rig.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

A tablet.

That decided that it didn't want to be used as a touch screen device. <_<

Got it back in less than a week but still. Isn't that what a tablet is meant to be? failed on the day i needed it for chords for my keyboard for band practice.

---

8gb RAM (not the one i am using now)

One of the memory banks was bad from the start. Just built tiddles and was getting memory errors quite a bit. So glad i am using G skill now.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

new to ebay and bought a PC game controller. didnt know it was from china. it was faulty when it arrived. the return cost was more than the cost of the i.t

Accidently bought 2 760s when building my PC and was sad to return the second instead of SLI. The faulty part is the websight saying the first didnt order.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9DNjLk I like the night theme, it complements my dark basement. If you are reading this then you must also be a fan of the night theme.

01011011 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01001000 01100101 01110010 01100101 01011101 

Probably the Performance MX. I picked one up during a chirstmas sale, returned several months later due to a faulty left click. Several weeks later the replacement's scroll click didn't work, and I replaced it with a G300. I later replaced the G300 with a G700S, which had a faulty g8 button.

Less painful, but more funny - I had to send my lumia 610 to be repaired, and I got a picture from the inside of the Nokia repair facilities...

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

A 4790K. That thing was unbearably slow.

jk

Edited by Litargirio

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

What?

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

My AMD FX8320 I didn't have the heat sink any more (witch is needed for return) and it took my Mobo with it! But I eventually got both replaced.

PCPP http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Vg96f7 CPU: Intel i7 4790K MoBo: Gigabyte Z97X S.O.C Ram: G.Skill 2x 8gb GPU: 2x AMD R9 290x in CrossFire SoundCard: Creative Sound Blaster z Case: NZXT H440 RED/BLK Storage: 2x Intel 520s 120gb Raid 0 + 2tb Seagate 7200 PSU: EVGA 1000W G2 Fully Modular Display: Samsung UHD 4K 28'' KeyBoard: Corsair K65 RGB Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T 7 Sound: Logitech z506 OS: Windows 10 TP

Probably the Performance MX. I picked one up during a chirstmas sale, returned several months later due to a faulty left click. Several weeks later the replacement's scroll click didn't work, and I replaced it with a G300. I later replaced the G300 with a G700S, which had a faulty g8 button.

Less painful, but more funny - I had to send my lumia 610 to be repaired, and I got a picture from the inside of the Nokia repair facilities...

Nice, post the photo.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Most painful thing that was faulty? I bought an innertube for a dirtbike of mine, got them to put it in because i didn't have tyre levers on me and I wanted to hit the dirt as quick as possible (stopped at the bike shop on the way through), got all the way out to Mt lloyd (hour and a half drive) only to realise 10-15 minutes into the ride the inner tubes valve had a slow air leak.

Pushing a dirtbike up hills with a flat tyre isn't fun and having to drive all the way back to the shop to replace it again.

Still went riding later that day on a local bush track though, braaaaap

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Idk if this counts but I ordered a 7770 GHz Edition that came DOA. I order another one and it was causing a lot of problems in games & programs, it was loud, and it stopped working after 3 days of use. 

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

I have a very hard time believing that a 4790k was slow.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Hello enigmatic members of the forum, considering I am about to return my brand spanking new Xperia Z2, which I think looks amazing by the way, for a camera hardware fault, I was wondering, what is thee most annoying fault you have had to return a product for?

I look forward to letting all of your dismay overshadow mine! 

Have a great day - Encoded!

I once had to return my Z90 Motherboard because it was dead on arrival, turned building a new computer into a weeks project rather than a 2 day job 

What?

I have a very hard time believing that a 4790k was slow.

Hence the joke...  <_<

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

My PC.

Didn't have a PC in June, July and half August.

(the motherboard was riperino) 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/