Most painful faulty product you have had to return?

Not me, but my aunt bought a new 2015 Honda civic last fall. After 3,000km's on it, it threw a piston / rod right though the block. She did get a brand new civic 1 week after.. but still, buying a new car, and it blows up on you!

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Back about 6 years ago, I had a laptop that lasted an entire 30 minutes before it toasted itself to death (gonna assume the thermal paste was horribly misapplied). Went back to the store and immediately swapped it for a different model.

Had to warranty multiple fan switches for my car in the middle of a Tennessee summer which sucked (several 100+ F days in a row). Thank goodness the motor runs fairly cool. So long as I was moving, it stayed at acceptable temps. Kinda puked a bunch of coolant all over my parents garage floor changing one of them though. They weren't entirely thrilled. Better there where I had plenty of oil-dry instead of my appartment's parking lot.

And the most recent and most personally dissapointing one, the motherboard for my build I'm TRYING to start. Had my MSI Z97 Gaming 7 last about an hour before it flipped out (actually I was having problems with the network port out of the gate). Since I wasn't feeling the BIOS and the aestetics anyway, I opted for a refund instead of replacement and ordered an ASUS Z97-A/ USB 3.1. My last two builds have been ASUS based so I figured I'd go with them again. I was really disappointed because I have an MSI laptop and it's been nothing short of fantastic.

i once got a pair of headphones that strait up did not work at all.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Not a straight return but was RMA-ing a 4770K last year I think and it was delidded.  The memory controller straight up died on it because I swapped another CPU in and everything magically works fine.  So I put the lid back on, but at the time I had like 3 4770k's laying around so I put the wrong lid back on.  The serial number I submitted with the RMA didn't line up to the serial number on the IHS and then they discovered that it had been re-lidded (I've sold several relidded CPUs and not one has come back to me with issues).  What a clusterfuck bomb that detonated.  Anyways ended up the thing getting confiscated which I think is complete fucking bullshit but I just wrote it off since CPUs don't really cost me anything anyways.

I'm now intimately familiar with Intel's RMA procedures and what you can and can't get away with.  Also Intel is straight up a mega corporation that employs unsympathetic cunts like any other corporation does.

And fun fact I need to RMA my current 5960X because it fails stress testing at stock clocks.  Think I'll just use the performance tuning protection whatever plan on it so it's no questions asked take that shit back.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

I had 2 Rat 7.  Got one and within a year the sensor went bad,  sent it back and got a new one and that sensor went bad within 8 months.

Hello enigmatic members of the forum, considering I am about to return my brand spanking new Xperia Z2, which I think looks amazing by the way, for a camera hardware fault, I was wondering, what is thee most annoying fault you have had to return a product for?

I look forward to letting all of your dismay overshadow mine! 

Have a great day - Encoded!

my logitech z506 surround, because the volume knob didnt work out of the box.  the struggle of remembering how things came out of the box, only to have it bulging from every direction no matter how you rebox it.

MOBO- MSI z97 gaming 5  CPU- I5 4690k   GPU- G1 Gaming gtx970  RAM- 16gb Corsair Vegeance  PSU- Corsair RM650  COOLING- Corsair H110iGT 

STORAGE- AMD r7 120gb SSD / 500gb HDD  CASE- Phanteks Enthoo Luxe   Sound-  Logitech z506 / Corsair Void  Peripherals- G710, G502

My processor. When I took off my CPU cooler to install the other 8GB of RAM the processor stuck to my CPU cooler. And managed to bend damn near all the pins

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB