NZXT Huehuehue

tumblr_static_3690fksjle80w08ckgwcs8k8w.

~Just the tips

The only good human being is a dead human being. 

I5 4690K MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G MSI Z97 GAMING 5 G.SKILL RIPJAWS X 2X8GB 1600MHZ CL10 CORSAIR CX750M CRUCIAL MX100 512GB 2X WD BLUE 1TB CORSAIR 300R BENQ RL2455HM ♦ WIN 8.1 PRO ♦ UBUNTU 14.04

Great video! I actually have it in my case right now. Lol

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

lmao this thread is amazing wait if this is posted... new video on vessel too :D

Great video! I actually have it in my case right now. Lol

Yep me too

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

Luke's American side is starting to show with the Zs and the element Al

This is useful I suppose if you already have the Hue and are moving into a case without 5.25" bays, but buying one new just to pull it apart? Considering that you can get something like the Deepcool RBG LED strip for literally half the price...seems a little pointless to me. Only difference is a needing a remote control and AC adapter to work it, but at least with that you don't have to open up the case every time you want to change the settings.

“Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?”

Way ahead of them on this one! I have a HUE in my Cosmos 2. I swapped the LEDs out for some Phantom ones, And as an added bonus, because the Red and Green are swapped on the new strip, the two front LEDs now glow green so that they match the green eyes of the character I designed the pc around, while the strip itself glows orange. I miss 5 1/4" bays. Probably gonna remove the hot swap bays in the case and replace them with something else. 

NCIX link leads to Amazon.

Anyone knows why it opens up Italian Amazon page when I click on the Amazon link?

I might do this...thought with an h440 I would need to just use expecntions and lead the cables out opf the case itself as a controler on my desk.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

That's actually quite a good idea to remove the pcb from the bay cage!!! Gosh dang it! Well, guess who will be taking their pc apart?

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Hey guys this should be fairly obvious to most of you, but just for those who are new to this sort of thing; remember that PCBs have exposed contacts and little cones of metal and solder from the through-hole components that you need to protect from shorting against your case!

If you're messing about with this kind of modding remember to order some cheapo standoffs and long screws (with the same thread as the whole you're trying to screw it into) so that you can have it hover above the metal chassis, or just throw a few layers of electrical tape on there if you're too lazy and/or cheap to do any of that. \o/

Personally I don't see much use for 5 1/4 inch bay devices. And I would prefer a LED controller that I can plug into a USB header, and put the device in a place where it's not really showing (unless it looks awesome), I personally like this because I can get more control over the lighting in the case from a program on my computer, instead of using 'hardware' stuff to control the lighting. I also believe that it is easier to make all my RGB lights be the same color.

My setup: i5 3570K  - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77 GD65 - 256 GB Samsung 840 pro SSD - Corsair AX760i - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 2GB - 4x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RAM - Corsair Carbide 500R (modded side window)

This thread is gold 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Ive had one of these installed for a while

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Luke's American side is starting to show with the Zs and the element Al

and him being 2nd class canadian, this isn't helping him

now it's only a matter of time when he gets deported to states

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

Why not just use the Deepcool RGB Color LED with Remote? It is $15, has two strips (I put one up inside my case, and one on the bottom inside the case), gets nice even colors without all the dotting some LEDs leave showing. The sensor is the only downside because it needs to be clearly seeable but that can be really easy to work with, just strap it to a cord coming from the cable management backing so the sensor is just poking out and boom its insight. If you only have access to point at the front for some reason, if your case has mesh fronting you can just mount the sensor behind the mess and still hit it with much ease.

I love my 5 1/4" bays. I do not have any optical drives, but am using 2 of the bays in my case. I have a fan controller in one and a combo hotswap bay/USB 3 header in the other. The hot swap bay is super handy as it has a slot for both a 3.5" and a 2.5" drives. This was a must for me because I deal with bare drives a lot and its a much more elegand solution than a HDD Dock/USB adapter witting on your desk.

When in doubt, re-format.

Took Luke's advice after remembering I had an old Hue laying around from the days of 5.25" bays.

Drilled a few holes in the top panel on my Enthoo Evolv itx and bam!

Also I ordered a new RGB LED strip with better LED density from here > http://www.icemodz.com/#!/RGB-LED-strip-choose-Size/p/22184692/category=5346676  

ecyJu3Y.jpg?1

VQngSdJ.jpg?1

fEFpwjt.jpg?1

Works great!

Thanks Luke!