YouTube now has 8K support (w/ video example)

TopWargamer

we r just jokingggggg

Maybe you are but i know alot of peope aren't, people still complain about 4k on this forum.

Support for 4K @60Hz would be better

Is already supported

Is already supported

It is? I haven't seen any 4K videos @60Hz

I don't even use 4k yet.

I can't even use 1080P yet. :(

Where's my 4K/60

You can't tell me 4K/60 uses more bandwidth than 8K??

looks worse than good bitrate 4k...

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

What? You will get less of an advantage on a tv since you sit so far away from one.... What apple consider's retina is 300ppi at a distance of about 12" away so, 8k on a 30" screen 28cm away from you is going to be pretty much perfect for the human eye.

What a surprise, god the people on this forum really confuse me, i thought joining a tech community they would be embracing new things yet every time something comes out that we can't immediately take advantage everyone is like "that's stupid we can't even use this so how will we use that" smh -_- 8k will be here in about 5 years so quit complaining about advances in tech ffs.

You are the one who doesnt understand anything, why activate 8K now when 4K is basically useless and minority.They are wasting their own bandwidth,and read my post again im pro technology advances but theres no point in activating 8K for youtube,if they want to beta test it and have it working in advance seems great but other than that its just a waste of space on their servers,wasnt google the one complaining they cant monetize most of the videos or whatever, why add such a capability that no one benefits,its not about me,really no one benefits this tech yet.

If they have the 8K streaming technology great then activate it in 5 years whens its going to be required,whats next 16k video? just for the lols to see peoples machines on fire for no reason?

I really don't get this....Its great if it pushes adoption but the infrastructure is so far removed from being able to handle this.

How many people have the internet connections to handle this? Consistently?

I live in a country with pretty damned great internet connections, but problems with full HD in netflix were are problem not so long ago....

Seems so illogical to move so fast up in resolution.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

The insane rate of improvement for streamed TV is gonna be a total killer for cable companies if allowed to continue. So obviously, all cable companies will within a couple of years try to make streamed TV illegal or somehow cumbersome for their customers. If they don't succeed they follow companies like Blockbuster.

The rational way would be for a cable company to go all in and make a stable streamed platform. If they ween out digital cable-tv they'd have tons of bandwidth left over in their coaxial lines to improve broadband speeds. That'd be a win-win for them.

Anyway. Shit man, 8k lags on a 4790k!

Potato

You are the one who doesnt understand anything, why activate 8K now when 4K is basically useless and minority.They are wasting their own bandwidth,and read my post again im pro technology advances but theres no point in activating 8K for youtube,if they want to beta test it and have it working in advance seems great but other than that its just a waste of space on their servers,

I don't think Google if anyone would have a problem with their bandwidth. And storage is really cheap for data-center companies like Google

And even though only a handful number of people uses 8k videos now, why disable it.

So my i7 3770k runs this at about 10 fps in chrome, doesn't run at all in other browsers

Guess it's time for an upgrade /s

But seriously this seems like a waste of their own resources to release this now, literally nobody even has an 8k screen, and very few content producers have 8k camera's.

I don't think Google if anyone would have a problem with their bandwidth. And storage is really cheap for data-center companies like Google

And even though only a handful number of people uses 8k videos now, why disable it.

Well if they're claiming they can't make money out of youtube then why invest in technology that makes processing and storing videos four times as difficult as it is now?

That would mean that they have HD standard as their minimum. And since when is 720p not HD? 1, 2

I didn't say it isn't HD. I said it shouldn't be, I think 720p should be reclassified as standard. It's not a detailed image, it's noticeably blocky unless your viewing from a 5" screen.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

just...why

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

it's noticeably blocky

That's caused by compression and not by the resolution.

That's caused by compression and not by the resolution.

Not talking about youtube exclusively, the 720p resolution just isn't crisp.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

YouTube just increase  the bit rate at 1080p. Also I cant even play 5K with fiber and a 2600k 24gbs of ram and 2 760's lol

Well if they're claiming they can't make money out of youtube then why invest in technology that makes processing and storing videos four times as difficult as it is now?

As I said, storage is really cheap for Google (since they have to buy lots and lots of storage drives no matter what) so I don't think they will care if people upload 8k videos.

Processing might be another story. But I don't think they would intentionally allow something that they'll lose money on

Cool. Not that it's useful in any way, still cool. 16k any time soon? 

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

You are the one who doesnt understand anything, why activate 8K now when 4K is basically useless and minority.They are wasting their own bandwidth,and read my post again im pro technology advances but theres no point in activating 8K for youtube,if they want to beta test it and have it working in advance seems great but other than that its just a waste of space on their servers,wasnt google the one complaining they cant monetize most of the videos or whatever, why add such a capability that no one benefits,its not about me,really no one benefits this tech yet.

If they have the 8K streaming technology great then activate it in 5 years whens its going to be required,whats next 16k video? just for the lols to see peoples machines on fire for no reason?

How are they wasting there own bandwidth when your implying no one uses 8k? What your implying is Google has no idea what they are doing and are wasting space and resources. So do you work at Google? Do you know there reasoning for doing this? Do you honestly think they would be doing this just for the LOL's?! How do you know no one benefits from this? How do you know Google isn't benefiting from this? By your logic 10gbps internet shouldn't be a thing for consumer's because there is no single consumer grade HDD capable of saturating that speed. I think you should think before you go around accusing a multi-billion dollar company of wasting bandwidth and doing this for no benefit to themselves. 

@SirNumbers see my point i put in bold lol. 

Sure seems broken like 4K60 no matter what internet speed or hardware.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |