Youtube does 60fps 4k

GMdavidson

youtube-4k60fps.jpg

"YouTube introduced videos that play at 60 frames per second last year and ones viewable in 4k resolution in February. Now, the website is starting to experiment with videos that are both silky smooth and ultra high-def. Tech Crunch has spotted a low-key, semi-secret playlist comprised of only six videos that you can choose to play at 60 fps in 4K resolution -- just toggle the settings switch to see the option. You'll have to load YouTube on Chrome to see the 2160p60 4K setting under Quality. Plus, you'll need a device capable of displaying ultra HD (3840 × 2160 resolution) to enjoy the feature's benefits."

Source: Engadget
http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/27/youtube-4k-60fps/?ncid=rss_truncated

Link to 1 of the 6 videos+ playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLyqf6gJt7KuHCoYaGNWPx8vkHlClmbO9u&v=-iSFM-T-F_0

Star Citizen in 4k 60fps: 
https://youtu.be/fEAyDNWaCto

These videos destroy cpu usage whilst not using my gpu at all, anyone care to explain? My 4670k @ 4.5ghz stutters like crazy :(.  It is great that youtube is pushing this type of content though, opinions?

4K60fps does not work here. 2laggy4me. :P

If it doesn't show up on your PC, you have to update Chrome

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Can't play it that well. It stutters like hell. Bandwidth is fine, but I can't play that 4k video at 60 fps D:.

My cpu is at 100%.

Lol.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

if only we had cheaper and faster speeds here :(

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

I HAVE seen better textures to be honest though...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Regardless 60fps 4k is pretty nerdgasming awesome. I am happy I took the dive to 4K, however if you don't have fast network speeds you won't be able to take full advantage of streaming 4k content.

CPU: i7 5820K @ 4.00GHz Mobo: ASUS X99-DELUXE LGA 2011-v3RAM: Corsair LPX 64GB Quad-Channel DDR4 @ 2400MHzGPU: GTX 970 x2 SLI | Storage: 250 GB AMD SSD x 4 Raid 0

He will just render 4k30fps to 60fps and troll everyone

although right now 4k 60fps is stuttering so much (it's not the connection, it was loading fast) we may notice the difference from that alone ^^ and if my i7 stutters I fear most people will have the same problem...

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

He will just render 4k30fps to 60fps and troll everyone

Damn straight! B)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

This is interesting. Vessel's got nothing on YouTube. #VesselRekt :D JK

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I have a 3770K@4.0 Ghz and its hovering between 60-80% when I play 4K@60 FPS. No stuttering at all like how others are reporting

Something is super wrong with that video. No way it would make my i7 go 60-80% usage.  I dont even have 4K monitor....

I heard massive hype about Star Citizen, but in this video there are stupidly low res textures. Its all blurry with no detail. Characters have some detail, ship on the outside too but interior is pretty crappy just like the asteroids (or w/e the correct term is for the "rocks" in space).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

lolwat

Close to 100% usage across all 6 physical cores on my 4930k at 4.7GHz

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Something is super wrong with that video. No way it would make my i7 go 60-80% usage.  I dont even have 4K monitor....

I heard massive hype about Star Citizen, but in this video there are stupidly low res textures. Its all blurry with no detail. Characters have some detail, ship on the outside too but interior is pretty crappy just like the asteroids (or w/e the correct term is for the "rocks" in space).

This is some random fan made video.

We don't even know what settings were used, most likely not max. In-engine cinematics if not done right, can actually make the game look worse than real gameplay too.

Look at some ship showcases on the official RSI channel, the detail is nuts.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

This exiting, YouTube stepping up their game.

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

I have a great connection for here in Canada and I have no hope as YouTube recommends 35 MB/s for 30 fps, so 70 down is crazy, only play in Canada that, that is not the highest tier is the east coast and that is only because they are Bell's testing ground.

Playing the First 1 of 6 in that link,.. the Volcano,....in Chrome it works fine,.. Firefox is a stuttery mess.

Chrome = 75-85% CPU usage across all four 4Ghz cores, 25% GPU usage on my 290X

^At least at the start when I play.

Then it stabilizes after some buffering at 70-85% CPU usage, and 70% GPU usage,.. still plays smooth.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I HAVE seen better textures to be honest though...

The game is in Pre Alpha...

RTX2070OC 

Because chrome's performance isnt bad enough, lets decode 4k60fps video :D

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

The game is in Pre Alpha...

sure, but textures don't really have anything to do with the code... we'll see I suppose. It's not like it looks bad anyway. It's just that with all the hype about the graphics I'd have expected something better.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

sure, but textures don't really have anything to do with the code... we'll see I suppose. It's not like it looks bad anyway. It's just that with all the hype about the graphics I'd have expected something better.

The entire game is in pre alpha that includes art assets.

Almost all graphic features are missing right now even basic functions like AA.

RTX2070OC 

Holy heavy shit. 60-70% constant on all 8 threads. Hope that doesn't take too long to get better

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64