So I bought three GTX 970s for £105... . . . .

So I saw someone else posting about an Ebay listing about a GTX 970 for £35 and there was an ebay money back guarantee, so I bought THREE of them..

So I know it's more than likely a scam but there wasn't much to lose and I thought it would be interesting to see what would arrive? Has anybody else supposedly bought this 'legit' GTX 970?

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gigabyte-GeForce-GTX-970-4GB-GDDR5-GV-N970WF3OC-4GD-/171818262063?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item28012a9e2f

What's funny is that 82 other people have also bought one :)

I will keep this post going and tell you guys what arrives.

post-220444-0-20678600-1433696510_thumb.

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I expect a picture of it

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

What the hell is going on in china, there was another thread made before of a guy from china selling a 780 ti for the same price.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

So I saw someone else posting about an Ebay listing about a GTX 970 for £35 and there was an ebay money back guarantee, so I bought THREE of them..

So I know it's more than likely a scam but there wasn't much to lose and I thought it would be interesting to see what would arrive? Has anybody else supposedly bought this 'legit' GTX 970?

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gigabyte-GeForce-GTX-970-4GB-GDDR5-GV-N970WF3OC-4GD-/171818262063?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item28012a9e2f

Usually these things end up being really old cards.  Sometimes with a new cooler frankenstein'd onto them.  There was a post last year on the forum about an Ebay seller basically selling old 8800GT's on shitty PCB's, in new boxes (for stuff like 770's and 780's)

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

I applaud you for having the balls to go for it, I myself would be simply too paranoid/certain I'd get a brick send to me.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Yeah what's funny about that one is that the seller words it as if he only has one card but there have been 43 sold..

Yeah what's funny about that one is that the seller words it as if he only has one card but there have been 43 sold..

This is the strangest thing i've found so far. 2GB 780Ti?

seems legit.

Z6EoeJ3.png

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

Umm... Guys?

Look at the seller of the 970 and that 780Ti...

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Please let us know how it went. +1 for trying, you've got some serious guts dude.

What is there to lose? Assuming they are fake Ebay/the seller will have to refund me for them.

Umm... Guys?

Look at the seller of the 970 and that 780Ti...

Yup.

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

Link: -Snip-

Actually quite interested in how this is going to end. Keep us posted!

Oh, and try it out in a rig that isn't your main one. I believe these things might catch fire :P

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

I'm wondering if I should buy some lol

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

I'm wondering if I should buy some lol

You could just buy one and it would be easy enough to get a refund if it's fake.

Item location:

深圳市, 广东, China

Time to back the fuck out.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

You could just buy one and it would be easy enough to get a refund if it's fake.

I'm still worried, he has sold so many on his profile ( he has 780 ti's too )

Item location:
深圳市, 广东, China

Time to back the fuck out.

Yup

last time I bought a Chinese item, I bought a "box of resistors" and there was one 100ohm resistor in a tiny box .

Is it worth a try? Its 40 USD. WHy not or no dont try? 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Dat clock speed

yep, the spead is real

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.

Its_a_trap.jpg!

You gotta post a follow up thread in the near future.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Is it worth a try? Its 40 USD. WHy not or no dont try? 

I'm wondering why he would be selling,

I sent him a message.

35 UK£ =
331.673449 Chinese yuan

Maybe he mixed yuan and £ ?