Why do people like AMD?

njmyers3

I'm just wondering why some people choose to pick AMD parts? I can understand because it's cheaper but some people are fanboys of AMD. I'm and intel and nvidia fanboy so I can also understand that. Just WHY? I know this makes no sense but if you like AMD can you tell me why? Just wondering. Thanks

My main computer:

i7 6700k || GTX 1070 || Asus Z170 RGB || C.M. Hyper 212 EVO || 16GB RAM || 256GB NVMe SSD || 500GB SATA SSD || 12TB total HDD || Define R5 Blackout || 850W PSU

More Details Below :) 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                             GPU:  EVGA GTX 1070 FTW                                  |  Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura
CPU Cooler: C.M. Hyper 212 EVO             RAM: 16GB Kingston Fury 4x4 DDR4 2400MHz         SSD:  Intel 256GB NVMe SSD & Plextor 500GB SATA SSD

Hard Drive:  WD 2TB Black, 2TB WD Blue, 8TB WD Red     Case:  Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition   PSU:  Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W

Additional Computer Parts: NZXT Hue for LEDs

Peripherals: Dell U2414H (x2) || Corsair Sabre RGB || Corsair K95 Platinum || Sennheiser 558's || Modmic

Pictures of setup:

I'm just wondering why some people choose to pick AMD parts? I can understand because it's cheaper but some people are fanboys of AMD. I'm and intel and nvidia fanboy so I can also understand that. Just WHY? I know this makes no sense but if you like AMD can you tell me why? Just wondering. Thanks

CPUs are shit for the most part, there are a couple decent ones.

APUs are ok but new Intel ones are going to knock AMD ones out.

There is nothing wrong with AMD GPUs so idk why there is a question about that.

There is nothing wrong with AMD GPUs so idk why there is a question about that.

Not everyone likes the high power draw of AMD GPUs - particularly with Maxwell being out.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

People always like underdogs. And their products are ok. So why not? When asked what do I have - i5 or i7, you can answer: no, i use 8350 or something like that. You feel very special and so much better than everyone else :)

I am sorry for my english.

I guess people like them because they offer decent products at a much lower price?

And the diehard Nvidia fanboys have to act like fucking kids about who is better blah blah blah

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

I guess people like them because they offer decent products at a much lower price?

And the diehard Nvidia fanboys have to act like fucking kids about who is better blah blah blah

All fanboys have the ability to do it - NVIDIA fanboys aren't alone and it's useless to call them out on it exclusively when every fanboy can be like that.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

They support open standards, while Nvidia are heavily into proprietary everything.

Do they though? The 290X was priced halfway between the 780 and the 780 Ti, their 8 core FX CPUs are basically garbage unless you're making a rendering PC yet cost only about £30 less than a 4690K and require a more expensive motherboard as well. The 260X and 270X were well positioned but the price difference and performance difference between those and the 760 made sense as well...

And on top of that they're only releasing one product this time around and it's going to be $800, so I'm seeing precious little evidence for them being particularly budget friendly apart from at the extreme low end.

Because they make CPU's that you can overclock a shit ton, and they're pretty damn good for the price if you overclock it.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Because 5 years ago my PC was an absolute MONSTER as a Dragon AM3 platform PC, it wrecked C2Q with the ridiculous OC i have on it, and i used to run Dual 4890's.

AMD Phenom II B55 Quad / unlocked dual core 4.3ghz CB R15 = CB 422
XFX R9 390 8GB MY RIG: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MVwQsY
Fastest 7770 on LTT . 3rd Fastest Phenom II Quad on LTT

PCSX2 on AMD CPU? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412377-pcsx2-emulator-4096x2160-amd-phenom-ii/#entry5550588

People always like underdogs. And their products are ok. So why not? When asked what do I have - i5 or i7, you can answer: no, i use 8350 or something like that. You feel very special and so much better than everyone else :)

That's what Xeons are for  ^_^

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

it also depends what people experienced with these companies: I had much problems  with my old laptop, ati graphics inside (all the time driver crashes, high power consumption, etc) I know that they have changed a lot but there's always a bad thought in my mind when I see amd. Additionally, for Blender, I need CUDA for rendering.

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

That's what Xeons are for  ^_^

Oh no, Xeon people are on another level of that, but good notice :D

I am sorry for my english.

Nobody has the swag that my PC does.

PCSX2 on AMD CPU? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412377-pcsx2-emulator-4096x2160-amd-phenom-ii/#entry5550588

Because they make CPU's that you can overclock a shit ton, and they're pretty damn good for the price if you overclock it.

But you then need good cooling and a great motherboard.

In my country and at the price point I typically shop at for a new GPU AMD generally offer a considerably better value, e.g. I chose a HD7950 over a 660ti.

In my country and at the price point I typically shop at for a new GPU AMD generally offer a considerably better value, e.g. I chose a HD7950 over a 660ti.

7950 rips a 660Ti apart especially OC vs OC.

i picked AMD apu's for my media htpc's but both my gaming rigs use intel

Ugh, the troll/clickbait/flame war threads are real today.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

There are a ton of 1080 and 720 monitors and LED out there. For people who want to get into pc gaming at the lowest entry price and maybe one upgrade then just use it for 5 years or so AMD knocks Intel out of the park especially when you factor CPU/MB as a SINGLE unit cost. However if I fell someone would be better served with intel Ill tell them so especially if they have an 1150 MB swithcing to AMD doesnt make sense. Same with allot of intel guys who would say hey for your monitor AMD might be better. Anyone who says you must choose this brand all the time and try to insult you if you disagree is a looser and there are a few of them here. Frankly its fun to tweak them cause thats their sad lil life.

For the guy or gal who upgrades every 6 months or year and wants the fastest machine yes intel wins hands down at a high cost. 

May i add also Intel has been prone to a few dirty doings in the past too (Anti trust and something i heard about something about a benchmarking program too, also something about a village in palestine as well), which may make one or two people buy AMD instead?

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

If you want REAL toxicity, just go to WCCFTech and look at the comments of any of the NVIDIA or AMD articles. Holy moly.

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

i like their gpu's :)

i almost bought a 290 at the shop when i was buying my parts but then they guy took it out of the back room and it was stock cooler :(

but there is nothing wrong with AMD's apu/gpu, those are fine, if only apu's would cost less

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)