What if APPLE acquiring AMD...

FairladyZ

Imagine if Apple ever acquired AMD. They would probably make a single core CPU with no hyper threading and a 1KB cache (that's L2 and L3 combined), clock it at 900MHz and sell it for a thousand bucks.

FairladyZ | If you want to reply to me, please quote my post! Idiocity, the best money wasting PC build ever!

Amazing post man.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

..........or not, because there's reasons why apple is second highest earning tech company....

Um. Why would apple acquire AMD? Apple already makes their own processors and they are better than AMD at it anyway. 

Samsung makes Apples processors. AMD doesn't 'make' processors either. They just design them.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Um. Why would apple acquire AMD? Apple already makes their own processors and they are better than AMD at it anyway. 

Because there's been a load of stuff going around rumouring that Samsung was going to acquire AMD. I guess it's stemming from that. 

They're made by Samsung.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

And where did you get these amazing abilities that makes you think you can look into the future?

<_<

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

they would make processors that aren't as good as everyone else oh wait AMD already do that 

Just kidding  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Samsung makes Apples processors. AMD doesn't 'make' processors either. They just design them.

They're made by Samsung.

Even then, it still doesn't make any sense. AMD doesn't make anything that Apple would benefit from. Their cpus are too hot and inefficient. 

Even then, it still doesn't make any sense. AMD doesn't make anything that Apple would benefit from. Their cpus are too hot and inefficient. 

Believe me, AMD is a great asset for Samsung to even think about acquiring them.

Their consumer market CPUs might be shit, but they do have the know-how. 

Believe me, AMD is a great asset for Samsung to even think about acquiring them.

Their consumer market CPUs might be shit, but they do have the know-how. 

I'm talking about apple not samsung. Samsung I can see. Apple I can't. 

That would be scary...

Core i3-4150 | MSI B85I |EVGA GTX 750ti |Cooler Master Elite 110

well, they are more power efficient, not faster..

well, they are more power efficient, not faster..

And? That makes them better at their use case. And I don't care that much to actually look up benchmarks but AMD processors are not fast at all so if Apple's cpus are slower, it can't be by much. 

They're made by Samsung.

So? It like saying foxconn owns iPhones because they made iPhones and not Apple. Apple doesn't have their own manufacturing plant so they outsource it from Samsung after of course sending them Apple's own custom designs

Imagine if Apple ever acquired AMD. They would probably make a single core CPU with no hyper threading and a 1KB cache (that's L2 and L3 combined), clock it at 900MHz and sell it for a thousand bucks.

Fanboy, I must say. But just keep in mind that their 'low specs' are always among the top 5 in the market

Apple already makes their own processors and they are better than AMD at it anyway. 

and they are better than AMD at it anyway. 

better than AMD anyway

I can't even.

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

Well, I'll give the OP credit where credit is due. That clickbait-y title sure got my attention.

Why are you such a Troll?

Really Why??

INTEL I5-4670K | ASUS Z87-A | CORSAIR 16GB Vengence | EVGA GTX 980 SuperClocked | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | COOLER MASTER CM Storm Scout 2 | CORSAIR RM850

You lot are all morons, the "A" in AMD has always stood for apple anyway.

Anyone who doesn't know Steve Jobs started AMD and employed Bill Gates to write software to power the photocopiers knows nothing about the history of computing.

clack bait ftw.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I would become an Nvidia fanboy. (those greedy bastards are better than apple in my opinion).

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

The moment AMD is acquired by anybody... they can no longer make x86 CPUs... What will they do, make their own ARM cpu or something?

Without CPUs, they will only have the GPU side of things to keep them alive... though to be honest, these days only their GPUs are even worth considering anyway.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro