R9 380 G1 Gaming will have 4GB GDDR5 + pictures and more info

Bouzoo

This is not a card for people that want the best, but it's for people on a budget. And if history has taught us anything, this (G1) will be one of the best 380s (but we'll see that).

So it's gonna be a rebranded R9 285 with 4GB of GDDR5. The 285 had 2GB, and for many (myself included), that was a deal breaker. It's gonna  feature a Windforce X2 cooler, and also similar technology that Nvidia Strix cards use (0db feature, from my understanding) which enables fans not to run below certain temps. It's probably gonna have the same 256-bit bus instead of 384-bit that 280/X have. It will be made for overclocking (shocker), since it will feature all of Gigabytes witchcraft.

Coming to the Gigabyte cards, Gigabyte has three cards leaked out all of a sudden. The first one is the Radeon R9 380 G1 Gaming which features the WindForce x2 cooler. The new revision has a design scheme from the WindForce x3 coolers that will be adopted by the high-end cards featuring two PWM controlled fans with a unique blade design that push airflow to a central aluminum fins based heatsink that has three 6mm heatpipes running through the heatsink and making direct contact with the GPU surface to efficiently dissipate heat. The card also includes a backplate which we have seen on previous iterations of Gigabyte coolers and a WindForce LED indicator that lits up in blue color.

There are no specifications provided except that the Radeon R9 380 comes with 4 GB of GDDR5 VRAM. When specifications are talked about on the Radeon R9 300 series cards, it can be expected that most of the cards will be rebranded from the 200 series lineup. The Radeon R9 380 is the Tonga Pro based Radeon R9 285 which has 1792 stream processors, 128 TMUs, 32 ROPs and a GCN 1.2 revision core. The card has a 256-bit interface that allows a 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM. 

Gigabyte-Radeon-R9-380-WindForce-II.jpg

Gigabyte-Radeon-R9-380-G1-Gaming.jpg

Source

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Lights on when fans stop? So its gonna have a 0db feature? 

EDIT: The site also clams the 380x is a m295x rebrand... what?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Lights on when fans stop? So its gonna have a 0db feature? 

Seems so

Gigabyte! So sexy. :wub:

I wonder what the price will be. If I knew I'd wait for it, but I'm terribly impatient. haha

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Gigabyte! So sexy. :wub:

I wonder what the price will be. If I knew I'd wait for it, but I'm terribly impatient. haha

Wait for 1 month  :P

Its a rebrand with added fancy lights and effects. Hardly interesting to anyone but 12 year olds.

(also peculiar how everyone was bashing the 4GB 760 and 770s, even though this is the exact same thing)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Wait for 1 month  :P

What? One month? I did not know! I can be patient for that. ;)

Its a rebrand with added fancy lights and effects. Hardly interesting to anyone but 12 year olds.

(also peculiar how everyone was bashing the 4GB 760 and 770s, even though this is the exact same thing)

So there are no improvements worth it over the other card? Just aesthetics were changed?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

INTUITIVE fan indicators: Light off when fan spin, light on when fan off. What part of that is intuitive?

And as usual, Windforce is butt ugly.

And blue LEDs are never going anywhere near any of my computers ever again. Red/ Orange/ Yellow/ White are the only acceptable lighting colours.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

INTUITIVE fan indicators: Light off when fan spin, light on when fan off. What part of that is intuitive?

And as usual, Windforce is butt ugly.

And blue LEDs are never going anywhere near any of my computers ever again.

Blasphemy!

Blue is awesome and I think Windforce looks real nice too. Why are you so mean? You'll break Gigabyte's heart and mine :(

Seems so

Glad it's not gonna be a long ass 3 fan card  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Lights on when fans off... assuming they can make it run without 100% fans as has been my experience with amd. 

What? One month? I did not know! I can be patient for that. ;)

So there are no improvements worth it over the other card? Just aesthetics were changed?

They added 2 GB of VRAM and perhaps upped the clock speed. but the VRAM is mostly useless, since its in a config that allows either a read or a write, not a simultaneous R/W on a chip. And Tonga wasnt very interesting when it was first released. even less interesting now

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Blasphemy!

Blue is awesome and I think Windforce looks real nice too. Why are you so mean? You'll break Gigabyte's heart and mine :(

It's just that Windforce always screams "LOOK AT MY CHEAP PLASTIC". The shroud is too thin, and the fans really jagged, they look like cheap licensed Batman toys. Also, they always have a gap to see the PCB around the shroud which I HATE. Shrouds should be, well, shrouding. And hide the entire PCB. This is extremely important to me because of the angle at which you see a GPU in the BitFenix Prodigy (you see the front and not the back as the motherboard is horizontal)

And even when I stop using the Prodigy, I will continue to use cube cases with horizontal motherboard layouts (master race)

And blue LEDs is to 2015 what a beige case was to 2000: passé.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

They added 2 GB of VRAM and perhaps upped the clock speed. but the VRAM is mostly useless, since its in a config that allows either a read or a write, not a simultaneous R/W on a chip. And Tonga wasnt very interesting when it was first released. even less interesting now

But isn't the R9 380 a rebranded R9 280X ? Or 290? Or however that works? Confused  :wacko:

It's just that Windforce always screams "LOOK AT MY CHEAP PLASTIC".

It's made mostly out of aluminium. There is nothing made out of plastic apart from the fans ofc.  <_<

But isn't the R9 380 a rebranded R9 280X ? Or 290? Or however that works? Confused  :wacko:

Its a Tonga chip, which is a sidegrade to Tahiti (280x) offering less ram but slightly lower power consumption. so this is a rebadge of a 285 card, which was a sidegrade of a 280x card which was a rebrand of the 7970 GHz edition, which was a clockspeed boost of the 7970 from 2011. Very impressive i must say, kudos to AMD. /s

It's just that Windforce always screams "LOOK AT MY CHEAP PLASTIC". The shroud is too thin, and the fans really jagged, they look like cheap licensed Batman toys. Also, they always have a gap to see the PCB around the shroud which I HATE. Shrouds should be, well, shrouding. And hide the entire PCB. This is extremely important to me because of the angle at which you see a GPU in the BitFenix Prodigy (you see the front and not the back as the motherboard is horizontal)

And even when I stop using the Prodigy, I will continue to use cube cases with horizontal motherboard layouts (master race)

And blue LEDs is to 2015 what a beige case was to 2000: passé.

Well...at least you have good, solid explanations for your disdain. I expected "because reasons".  haha thanks for the explanation by the way. Maybe one day you will see the light and know blue led = life.

Pure cooper heat pipes

Might wanna change that, Gigabtye  ;)

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

Its a Tonga chip, which is a sidegrade to Tahiti (280x) offering less ram but slightly lower power consumption. so this is a rebadge of a 285 card, which was a sidegrade of a 280x card which was a rebrand of the 7970 GHz edition, which was a clockspeed boost of the 7970 from 2011. Very impressive i must say, kudos to AMD. /s

well, now you confused me even more. I'll wait until they're released and then look exactly up what's going on :P

Gigabtye  ;)

I legit read that as "Gigabutt, I".

Starring Jaden Smith, the sequel to "I, Robot".

I legit read that as "Gigabutt, I".

Starring Jaden Smith, the sequel to "I, Robot".

Jaden, please!

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

well, now you confused me even more. I'll wait until they're released and then look exactly up what's going on :P

the performance will be in the ballpark of the 7970GHz or a 280(x) or a 285 :) nothing to drool over, sadly.

290x MASTER RACE

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Looks to much like a Strix card :/ typical

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14