My Friend is Starving herself....

mrswagbhinav

I used to talk to my grandma (born 1900) and Dad (born 1927) allot and I learned sooo much just listening to them. My grandma told me how bad she felt when as a young bride she burnt her first roast cause"meat was hard to come by"! Dad as a young boy would walk up and down the railroad tracks(unsupervised) with a bucket to look coal that fell off the train to help heat the house. They got through the great depression without a single anti-depressent. That ended when the entire pacific fleet was decimated by an attack that made 9-11 look like a construction accedent. Back then the only eating disorder was hunger and survival was work. 

Grandma: That's nice honey  <_<

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

live and let live.

CPU: Core i7 4770K @ 3.5GHz Motherboard: ASUS Z87-EXPERT RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 1600 MHz GPU(s): EVGA GTX 980 Classified SLI Case: Coolermaster HAF X Storage: Samsung 256 GB 840 Pro, 2x2TB WD Caviar Black, 2x4TB WD Green PSU: Corsair AX860 860W Display: LG 31MU97-B 4K(4096x2160) and Dell S2716DG 27in 2K 1440p 144hz, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard: Corsair K70 with Cherry MX Blue switches Mouse: Razer Naga Epic Chroma and Death Adder Chroma Sound:Audioengine D1 Dac and Sennheiser HD650 Operating System: Win 10 Pro

Rezzing this thread again

before I start. I believe that someone who is still in their growing stages ie under 20 should NOT do much of an intensive restrictive exercise like a deep fast. AAAAANNNNNDDDD looking at the photos of the subject she really doesn't have a reason to do such a restrictive fast.

That said I really don't think we need to demonize the act of not eating to this extent. feast and famine cycles are a natural part of what humans would have encountered especially in the days before refrigerators or organized farming. what is un-natural is having fresh strawberries and watermelon in canada during the dead of winter.

this bodybuilder did the same cleanse I did way back when and had a very similar experience I did when I was on it. I went snowboarding for a full day on my 4th or 5th day in. I had no lack of energy in fact I think I did more exercise on 0 food than I did ever.
https://youtu.be/xwXEq1rJclw?t=85

when I did my 13 days of no food. I wasn't looking to primarily lose weight. if it happened it happened I was just more curious over claims of being just functional and fine living without. which I was and I came out on the other side with a greater sense of willpower and ability to resist cravings. and an acute awareness of mindless eating. snacking in front of the TV not out of hunger but out of..... boredom.

I learned a lot from those 13 days and it did not kill me I did not automatically turn anorexic and I didn't balloon in weight the minute I got off it. I came out of it stronger and more aware.

this bodybuilder did the same cleanse I did way back when and had a very similar experience I did when I was on it. I went snowboarding for a full day on my 4th or 5th day in. I had no lack of energy in fact I think I did more exercise on 0 food than I did ever. when I did my 13 days of no food. I wasn't looking to primarily lose weight. if it happened it happened I was just more curious over claims of being just functional and fine living without. which I was and I came out on the other side with a greater sense of willpower and ability to resist cravings. and an acute awareness of mindless eating. snacking in front of the TV not out of hunger but out of..... boredom.

I learned a lot from those 13 days and it did not kill me I did not automatically turn anorexic and I didn't balloon in weight the minute I got off it. I came out of it stronger and more aware.

If you eat food and exercise afterwards, you're going to feel worse. That's been known - in fact, it's recommended you wait an hour or two after eating to exercise. Fasting is not a wise diet choice, no matter how big or small you are. You should be having a BALANCED diet. In addition, it's not a cleanse at all - your body cleans itself out. If you're becoming overweight, the first thing you should do is ensure you're getting proper exercise and eating right. Fasting is an awful answer to losing weight - I didn't eat for an entire day, and I felt awful. I couldn't concentrate on anything.

FYI, "cleansing" your body is completely useless and stupid.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Encourage her to eat her vitamins

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Fasting is an awful answer to losing weight - I didn't eat for an entire day, and I felt awful. I couldn't concentrate on anything.

FYI, "cleansing" your body is completely useless and stupid.

yes, I hate that what I went on is named a cleanse. I hate the name, and I automatically roll my eyes way back into my head the moment I see the word 'toxins' being used in fact I didn't even do any of the salt water flushes for that reason. at the time I did it Les Stroud the survivorman was big on TV and the whole going for days without food was so foreign to me I thought it impossible. so I did it out as a challenge. if I had the power to rename what I did and restructure the literature around it I'd call it the maple syrup challenge. 

I'm sorry you felt awful on your day without food. on my third day into the "challenge" I reached a breaking point where I just wanted something in my mouth to chew, not because I was hungry and starved but just to have something in my mouth to sink my teeth into.