My Friend is Starving herself....

mrswagbhinav

Yeah so my friend is starving herself because she's on a diet to lose weight. By the way she has great body. So she won't stop even when everyone tries to feed her. So this isn't focused on my friend but mainly the people that starve themselves (to death). For example that girl from Men, Women, and Children. She doesn't eat at all and she's unhealthy as fuck. So why do they do it? Most of them already look great and probably know. They are probably also aware of the dangers. 

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Has she been browsing the fatshame subreddit? :P Never let her go there.

But really, she needs professional help.

Why? Because that have no self esteem or intelligence about the body.

Why? Because that have no self esteem or intelligence about the body.

No she's really smart, just acts dumb.

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Then she's not smart.

Maybe he means academically smart? Completely possible.

Academics mean nothing if you're willing to essentially kill yourself because of stupidity.

Can people be academically smart but act stupid ?

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

- sniped -

She is not fat at all ... Tell her that ... Stop her before she gets anorexic !!!

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Academics mean nothing if you're willing to essentially kill yourself because of stupidity.

BUT she still is academically smart, so she is smart. 

BOOYA

Can people be academically smart but act stupid ?

Somewhat yes.

No.

After school, on the playground, you are not prepared!

After school, on the playground, you are not prepared!

I'm not afraid of a stinking crab. I'll bring butter. :P

I'm not afraid of a stinking crab. I'll bring butter. :P

But you are an alcoholic drink so I will just drink you.

well... to be honest you can go for a couple days without food. Les Stroud - Survivorman does it and after he first came onto the scene I tried the lemon master cleanse which was trendy at the time to see how long I could go without. (13 days btw)

and to be honest what humans in prehistory have lived with 3 meals a day 365/year besides kings and chieftans over large holdings.

BUUUUUUTTTT in her case. yeah its un-necessary

But you are an alcoholic drink so I will just drink you.

I crush other drinks. >: D

I crush other drinks. >: D

But not a crab ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Try to explain to her that not eating at all is actually the absolute worst thing you can do for losing weight. What will happen is that, after not getting the required nutrients for a while, your  body literally switches over to "starvation mode" and will take any and all spare calories and convert them to fat. This is actually a sort of defense mechanism because your body recognizes that it's not getting all the energy it needs, so it wants to make sure that it has a stockpile for when it's running low. I'm am speaking from experience. I am SUPER bad at making sure to eat at regular meal times because I will get so focused on whatever it is I'm working on that I will just not feel hungry. Because I have done this for years (probably the last 10 years for sure) I have a really hard time losing weight, because any time I start working out my body starts packing away any extra calories it can, and I actually gain about 10-15 lbs before it's will start burning off (and I only ever lose weight when I actually remember to eat properly).

If she really-truely, deep down in her soul, feels that she needs to lose some weight, her best chances come from:

1) Eating proper (healthy) foods, and eating in moderation.

Don't let he buy into any of the stupid "fad" diets out there. Everything comes from moderation, or the ancient Greek word/concept of pharmakon, which is where we get our word "pharmacy". It translates as the word "drug" meaning either "cure" or "poison", and it basically means "too much or too little of one thing is dangerous". She needs to eat properly and only eat as much as it takes to feel full. The best advice I can give here is: make sure you ALWAYS eats breakfast. Even if you're not really hungry at all, eat some kind of protein and grains. It jump starts your metabolism, will help you keep burning calories throughout the day, and it will help you keep your energy up.

2) Exercise. Even if it's just a 10 minute walk around the neighborhood, a daily exercise routine will help you burn calories.

Try to pass this info onto her, but if she is determined that she knows what is best for her, you're just going to have to respect her decision and support her in whatever way you can. 

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

No.

Yes.

No.

Titty sprinkles.

Try to explain to her that not eating at all is actually the absolute worst thing you can do for losing weight. What will happen is that, after not getting the required nutrients for a while, your  body literally switches over to "starvation mode" and will take any and all spare calories and convert them to fat. This is actually a sort of defense mechanism because your body recognizes that it's not getting all the energy it needs, so it wants to make sure that it has a stockpile for when it's running low. I'm am speaking from experience. I am SUPER bad at making sure to eat at regular meal times because I will get so focused on whatever it is I'm working on that I will just not feel hungry. Because I have done this for years (probably the last 10 years for sure) I have a really hard time losing weight, because any time I start working out my body starts packing away any extra calories it can, and I actually gain about 10-15 lbs before it's will start burning off (and I only ever lose weight when I actually remember to eat properly).

If she really-truely, deep down in her soul, feels that she needs to lose some weight, her best chances come from:

1) Eating proper (healthy) foods, and eating in moderation.

Don't let he buy into any of the stupid "fad" diets out there. Everything comes from moderation, or the ancient Greek word/concept of pharmakon, which is where we get our word "pharmacy". It translates as the word "drug" meaning either "cure" or "poison", and it basically means "too much or too little of one thing is dangerous". She needs to eat properly and only eat as much as it takes to feel full. The best advice I can give here is: make sure you ALWAYS eats breakfast. Even if you're not really hungry at all, eat some kind of protein and grains. It jump starts your metabolism, will help you keep burning calories throughout the day, and it will help you keep your energy up.

2) Exercise. Even if it's just a 10 minute walk around the neighborhood, a daily exercise routine will help you burn calories.

Try to pass this info onto her, but if she is determined that she knows what is best for her, you're just going to have to respect her decision and support her in whatever way you can. 

^^^ This.

Except the "if she is determined... respect her decision..." You can still try to help her, you'd be on the moral low ground if you didn't try to help her. One wouldn't just let a mentally unstable person go without trying to get them to see a psychiatrist, or in dire circumstances, notifying the authorities. It's the same principle here. You still do have to help her if she's actively harming herself, just as you would a person who physically harms him or her self.

I don't do signatures.