The Pirate Bay's new logo just a few hours after their .se domain was seized

ObscureMammal

Source: https://torrentfreak.com/pirate-bay-moves-to-gs-la-vg-am-mn-and-gd-domains-150519/

Last year The Pirate Bay was shut down, but it didn’t take long for it to return. Now TPB is once again on the run. A court has ordered its main domain to be seized, and the site is looking for a new place to call home. The Stockholm District Court ordered that the Pirate Bay’s two main domains, thepiratebay.se and piratebay.se, were to be seized. Laughing in the face of the court order, the torrent site has already instituted redirects from the Swedish domains that lead to six other domains around the world. The site even created a new logo celebrating the new domains, adding hydra heads to the iconic Pirate Bay ship.

DfmNsa2.jpg

The Pirate Bay has long been associated with Sweden but soon the popular torrent site will stop using a Swedish domain name.

Earlier today the Stockholm District Court ordered the seizure of both thepiratebay.se and piratebay.se, arguing that they were linked to copyright crimes.

Potential appeals aside the domains in question will be handed over to the Swedish Government, but the ruling is unlikely to hamper Pirate Bay’s availability, quite the contrary.

The TPB team informs TF that they have already begun redirecting the .SE address, rotating it to six new domain names.

As of now, the notorious torrent site is available through new GSLAVGAMMN and GD domain names.

This means that all the effort that went into the lawsuit, as well as at least $40,000 in legal costs, have done very little to stop the site.

Congratulations to Prosecutor Fredrik Ingblad. Two years hard work to get us to change two little letters at a cost of $20,000 per letter,” the TPB team tells TF in a comment.

He could have given us $35,000 and we would have left the domain, thus saving the Swedish tax payer $5,000. All he had to do was ask nicely,” they add.

With six new domains one can argue that The Pirate Bay has become even more resilient. There will undoubtedly be attempts to seize or suspend the new domains, but there are also plenty more domains TPB can register.

And so the Whack-a-Mole continues.
Edited by colonel_mortis
Removed links to the site

yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why

Yay for piracy

long live piracy

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

When will the governments learn that you can't stop piracy...

Especially because it's almost impossible to gain access to some stuff without pirating it. Why do you think Game of thrones is always at the top of the list. When content creators realise that they could actually sell their things to the whole world pirating will die off slowly on it's own.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Of course, what were they expecting TPB to do? Roll over? Idiots

Gotta love it when they spend years and probably hundreds of thousands (if not more) in taxpayer money to seize 2 domain names ... which are then replaced by 5 more in a matter of hours.

Especially because it's almost impossible to gain access to some stuff without pirating it. Why do you think Game of thrones is always at the top of the list. When content creators realise that they could actually sell their things to the whole world pirating will die off slowly on it's own.

True that. A lot of that stuff is unavailable here... I personally wouldn't pirate any shows if we (the whole world) had:

- A paid online streaming service like Netflix, but only with instantaneous access to shows, not to wait for the show to be finished (*cough*Arrow*cough*)

- A price equivalent to the average pay of the region. I for example couldn't pay the same price as someone from USA/Canada/Germany...

- Good world wide customer service

But no, they won't do it... So i pirate it, as simple as that...

But no, they won't do it... So i pirate it, as simple as that...

Don't forget about goverments banning stuff for no reason at all.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Don't forget about goverments banning stuff for no reason at all.

Luckily here they don't do it as much (banning stuff online).

Also, their presence online is pretty weak, so i'm not really that afraid :)

I approve of this logo, and also would like to add that they need a phoenix rising from the ashes on the front of the ship.

Nah, not really, due to art style it would need to be much more detailed. with the phoenix It would look messy.  Someone who found photoshop and is  13yo would do such thing.

Are they ever gonna run of domains?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Yes, now I can go to TPB without needing a proxy (until Belgian ISPs block the new domain names...)

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Hail Hydra!!

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Congratulations to Prosecutor Fredrik Ingblad. Two years hard work to get us to change two little letters at a cost of $20,000 per letter,” the TPB team tells TF in a comment.

He could have given us $35,000 and we would have left the domain, thus saving the Swedish tax payer $5,000. All he had to do was ask nicely,” they add.

tumblr_nohcm9m5EO1tolphro1_500.png

They still getting seized, they still live. This is neverending circle.

Reduce your costs, reduce the piracy. Thats the only way. Piracy will never go away.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Yes, now I can go to TPB without needing a proxy (until Belgian ISPs block the new domain names...)

Just checked, they're on it already :P

They are selling it, people just don't like how they are selling it, so they use it as an excuse to pirate it and commit theft basically. If you don't like the price of a car, should you be able to steal it?

They are selling it, people just don't like how they are selling it, so they use it as an excuse to pirate it and commit theft basically. If you don't like the price of a car, should you be able to steal it?

They're not selling it worldwide. 

Going by your logic, i shouldn't watch any movie or tv series, since i'm not paying for it (and some of them are not even aired here). So, if something isn't legally available (they need to make it available, for a reasonable price), that means that i should watch it. If there's some book that i can pirate, but isn't available in my country, is shouldn't, and stay un-educated.

They need to fix their prices. Not everyone in every country has an average pay of over 2.000 $/euros... I'd rather eat than spend that money on something i could pirate (for ~20$, which is the cost of a blu-ray, i can eat for ~4 days, and if i really want to stretch it, then even longer than that)...

As for games, they're too damn expensive for my pocket.