Press Release | Project CARS On AMD GPUs - Clarification

^lost cause^

Your blatantly ignoring the evidence- and that's exactly what fanboys do. And FYI, I didn't mention you as being in any way a fanboy, and that post wasn't directed at you. So why are you so touchy all of a sudden? Unless you are a fanboy?

how am i ignoring the evidence i agreed with you that there are benefits but i believe there are more drawbacks and i was just saving you the time that you might have been spending typing out a post accusing me of being a fanboy like this post here

As I said, they are idiots and shot themselves in the foot.

SERIOUSLY

AMD would be fucking kicking ass right now holy shit

I'm irrationally pissed.

lol I'm married now my partying days are long gone, but your above post is directed at someone personally. I don't see how that answers my question as to why they would lose market share in a win, win situation for AMD. 

openCL already has a weak market share so amd adopting cuda plus nvidia not optimizing for openCL might be enough to make it obsolete 

The past few days have made me fry more neural connections than I care to admit. 

It is one thing to not change your mind based on heresy (which is what usually happens), but it is quite another to refuse to acknowledge the facts that are staring you in the face. Thats all that has happened in the last few days. The whole BS with Project Cars and PhysX causing issues (it wasn't) to Gameworks causing issues in Witcher 3 (it wasn't) and all the facts and conclusive tests done to counteract all that crap, only to get countered with cherry picked examples and textbook deflections. 

I'm not gonna say I'm ashamed in said users, cause I don't care if someone will willingly chose to live in ignorance. That is your problem. Not mine. Just like it was AMDs problem for never accepting Nvidias offer. AMD preaches they like open source, yet got in bed with Havok just as fast. Intel preaches "dolla dolla bills yo" and simply bought CUDA licensing because they knew it was better to incorporate OpenCL and CUDA than it was to hamstring themselves to a singular 'standard'. If you can maximize OpenCL and CUDA on your card, how is that a bad thing? Thats even better. You need to do LESS picking and choosing of what card to buy. Right now, if you want CUDA acceleration for a lot of industrial applications, you have no choice. Intel will get on board in the consumer space soon enough, they are at least smart enough to get on the train while its still in the station. 

Its curious, all those naysayers (well, most of them) up and vanished. They don't have the same old circle jerk to jerk to it seems, I guess we all need new material sooner or later, eh? 

openCL already has a weak market share so amd adopting cuda plus nvidia not optimizing for openCL might be enough to make it obsolete 

That to a degree is how the industry works, though.  If a technology cannot compete or remain relevant - it gets snuffed out in favor of the better technology.  And then the cycle continues.  

how am i ignoring the evidence i agreed with you that there are benefits but i believe there are more drawbacks and i was just saving you the time that you might have been spending typing out a post accusing me of being a fanboy like this post here

Again, I didn't point you out as a fanboy, you decided that the post was targeted at you and as a result, you acted exactly like one in response.

1. People could use OpenCL or CUDA based on their needs if AMD had CUDA because as you said they each have advantages and disadvantages

2. You still aren't reading everything that's been said previously.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That to a degree is how the industry works, though.  If a technology cannot compete or remain relevant - it gets snuffed out in favor of the better technology.  And then the cycle continues.  

except openCL is emerging as a competitive rival to cuda with amd and intel working on it 

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/82264-why-wont-ati-support-cuda-and-physx

Nvidia was by no means the golden child, some developers feared them in many ways, however:

All AMD had to do was give them a few cards to develop physx on and AMD would have had both.

http://www.techpowerup.com/64787/radeon-physx-creator-nvidia-offered-to-help-us-expected-more-from-amd.html

... Just gonna save this link...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Which is why the attitudes of some are disturbing. We should not "feel sorry" and "cheer on" a weaker technology. No, thats not how we innovate. The onus is not on Nvidia or Intel to hamper their R/D because AMD is run by monkeys. What kind of world is that?

If that happens, why would it matter at that point? AMD now theoretically has the rights to use CUDA, therefore it would just be the market speaking as to which configuration they prefer. And as stated before,  AMD could possibly be able to utilize CUDA more efficiently and effectively than NVIDIA could. You could quite possibly see AMD taking over the market because of this.

Its curious, all those naysayers (well, most of them) up and vanished. They don't have the same old circle jerk to jerk to it seems, I guess we all need new material sooner or later, eh? 

Calling it now, the next argument will be about yet another game with Nvidia's name on it and people will still bitch about the same stuff: bringing up the same articles with the same tired arguments; bringing up the same benchmarks that hold no merit; bringing up the same spiel on how bad GameWorks is for the industry 'according to <AMD spokesperson>'; argue that we're headed to vendor specific games.

Top. Kek.

Again, I didn't point you out as a fanboy, you decided that the post was targeted at you and as a result, you acted exactly like one in response.

1. People could use OpenCL or CUDA based on their needs if AMD had CUDA because as you said they each have advantages and disadvantages

2. You still aren't reading everything that's been said previously.

well lets just agree to disagree because we cant convince each other and ill try to contact amd and ask them for their reasons 

This whole entire conversation has indeed at least made me think to myself.  If AMD did have Cuda, the big differences between AMD and nVidia would be the architectural implementations, etc.  It would be a -rather- interesting GPU war every year if the race between them is to who can optimize the best using CUDA and the changing architectures that they use.  

This whole entire conversation has indeed at least made me think to myself.  If AMD did have Cuda, the big differences between AMD and nVidia would be the architectural implementations, etc.  It would be a -rather- interesting GPU war every year if the race between them is to who can optimize the best using CUDA and the changing architectures that they use.  

AMD would be kicking Nvidia's ass.

nvidia will always have the upper hand as it is their technology and they understand it better and they can make any changes they want

I'm irrationally pissed.

IKR, I had to read those article several times becasue I simply could not believe what I was reading, They're not the best written articles but by crikey it makes you wonder just what happens in the industry sometimes.  I know question everything a lot harder than I did before.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Which leads to competition between AMD and Nvidia, which is good. AMD GPU's are computational powerhouses.

PMSL

nvidia will always have the upper hand as it is their technology and they understand it better and they can make any changes they want

But AMD would learn it with time, like all do with new technologies(it would be new to them), and that would also mean the eventuality that AMD could implement CUDA in their APU's.  That in itself could've been HUGE when you think about it.  APU's may not have the same stigma if they were utilizing stream processors outfitted with CUDA.

CUDA-APU's.

TBH, that would be awesome, and with stronger CPU cores AMD could quite possibly get the jump on Intel.

PMSL

But AMD would learn it with time, like all do with new technologies(it would be new to them), and that would also mean the eventuality that AMD could implement CUDA in their APU's.  That in itself could've been HUGE when you think about it.  APU's may not have the same stigma if they were utilizing stream processors outfitted with CUDA.

it stigma is from foolish fanboys because intel makes apus also. and why doesnt amd adopt nvidia's gpu architecture as well and see who can make a better version

Which is why I keep coming back to the USB as an example. Because all usb ports work the same, USB thumbdrive manufacturers compete for who can sell the best quality drive, or the highest working capacity drive.  Not who has the most common connector.  In this case, as you say, nvidia and AMD would be fighting each other for the next big API or the the fastest in raw performance, or the best warranty etc.  Not who can monopolize the market best.  

Which incidentally makes all those claims about AMD being only interested in "the gamer", "the consumer" and "moving the industry forward" with open standards look pretty bloody silly.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

it stigma is from foolish fanboys because intel makes apus also. and why doesnt amd adopt nvidia's gpu architecture as well and see who can make a better version

Or just adopt Cuda and kick Nvidia's asses.

If they don't do something they're going to be left in the dust. They have so much unused potential it's sad.

Or just adopt Cuda and kick Nvidia's asses.

If they don't do something they're going to be left in the dust. They have so much unused potential it's sad.

or how about they adopt both and see how that works out

or how about they adopt both and see how that works out

They don't need to. Lol.