Press Release | Project CARS On AMD GPUs - Clarification

. also relying on your competitor's tech is generally a bad idea

No it's not, It happens all the time.  That is why the commercial world includes consortium's to control such tech.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

intel paid royalties ibm paid royalties so of course amd would have had to pay royalties as well. also relying on your competitor's tech is generally a bad idea

Intel didn't get offered the us of CUDA for free, they asked to use it.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

AMD's had years of time and its gotten them no where. Also, Nvidia graphics cards utilize CUDA and OpenCL, so either way AMD screwed them selves over as Nvidia gets the best of CUDA and OpenCL.

nvidia openCL performance is shotty because they of course want to focus on their proprietary tech and shove openCL to the side

nvidia openCL performance is shotty because they of course want to focus on their proprietary tech and shove openCL to the side

The point is, their graphics cards can use both, AMD had the chance as well but blew it.

PMSL

but openCL is a good competitor to cuda 

That depends on who you speak to.  And even if it is, it is not playing out very well for AMD in the gaming market is it?  Thus proving that in hindsight AMD should have looked more seriously at CUDA or even physx before it became an Nvidia thing.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Intel didn't get offered the us of CUDA for free, they asked to use it.

still amd wants to use mostly open technologies. if linux was offered free integration of window's proprietary ethernet drivers by microsoft they probably would turn down the offer

That depends on who you speak to.  And even if it is, it is not playing out very well for AMD in the gaming market is it?  Thus proving that in hindsight AMD should have looked more seriously at CUDA or even physx before it became an Nvidia thing.

i thought cuda started out as an nvidia thing and i doubt they could have out bid nvidia for physx

So what you're telling me, is that Intel integrated GPU, supports all of GameWorks fully, because they support CUDA?

You're making a fallacy, if you think CUDA support, automatically results in full GameWorks support.

iGPU with Cuda ≠ GameWorks support, obviously.

Yeah the effect may run, but it'll run like ass.

i thought cuda started out as an nvidia thing and i doubt they could have out bid nvidia for physx

CUDA did start as an nvidia thing, I didn't say otherwise.

Physx was offered to AMD in the form of a partnership (little to no cost).  Nvidia was not offered physx until AMD said no.

EDIT: it's over 9000!

still amd wants to use mostly open technologies. if linux was offered free integration of window's proprietary ethernet drivers by microsoft they probably would turn down the offer

1. Windows proprietary ethernet drivers? Microsoft doesn't make them the hardware manufactures do. Every single motherboard or ethernet card I've used has been automatically detected under Linux. Even when its one of my ancient 10mbps ISA cards from the late 80's.

2. AMD uses plenty of none open technologies, with those having better alternatives that also aren't open sourced.

PMSL

CUDA did start as an nvidia thing, I didn't say otherwise.

Physx was offered to AMD in the form of a partnership (little to no cost).  Nvidia was not offered physx until AMD said no.

EDIT: it's over 9000!

congrats and what sort of partnership would it be? it already works on both amd and nvidia systems

1. Windows proprietary ethernet drivers? Microsoft doesn't make them the hardware manufactures do. Every single motherboard or ethernet card I've used has been automatically detected under Linux. Even when its one of my ancient 10mbps ISA cards from the late 80's.

2. AMD uses plenty of none open technologies, with those having better alternatives that also aren't open sourced.

1. you get what i am saying

2. sure on some small things but on a big thing like cuda vs openCL adopting cuda will give nvidia more market share and hurt amd in the long run

this plus the fact that open does not always equal better.

congrats and what sort of partnership would it be? it already works on both amd and nvidia systems

Well we can only extrapolate (because hindsight),  but if AMD developed physx instead of nvidia ( and assuming no cuda) then physx would not have been linked to cuda at all and half the debates and misinformation concerning Nvida intentionally crippling amd GPU's with physx would not exist. This should have had an effect on GPU sales as perception about performance would have been different, ( I have heard people say before that they will buy Nvidia because of physx).

1. you get what i am saying

2. sure on some small things but on a big thing like cuda vs openCL adopting cuda will give nvidia more market share and hurt amd in the long run

YOU DON'T GET IT. AMD could be utilizing CUDA right now, but they refused the offers so now they have to soldier on, with only OpenCL working on their GPU's instead of CUDA as well(it would also be included in APU's). AMD shot themselves in the foot and there is no denying it. No matter how much you deny the truth I'll keep on repeating it until you actually read and understand what I am saying. Also, that example of yours clearly shows how little you know about what's going on.

PMSL

This is based on no logic whatsoever. If AMD supported CUDA acceleration, their video cards would be the tits.

This is based on no logic whatsoever. If AMD supported CUDA acceleration, their video cards would be the tits.

Their GPU's do have a lot more raw computational power than the Nvidia equivalents. Lets hope that their current CEO is a lot smarter than the previous ones.

PMSL

Literally.

YOU DON'T GET IT. AMD could be utilizing CUDA right now, but they refused the offers so now they have to soldier on, with only OpenCL working on their GPU's instead of CUDA as well(it would also be included in APU's). AMD shot themselves in the foot and there is no denying it. No matter how much you deny the truth I'll keep on repeating it until you actually read and understand what I am saying. Also, that example of yours clearly shows how little you know about what's going on.

source that amd was offered cuda for free also the amd's main concern is that this will kill off openCL probably

source that amd was offered cuda for free also the amd's main concern is that this will kill off openCL probably

*sigh* Its already been given numerous times on the other Witcher threads. If you can't be bothered reading them and the information contained there, Google it yourself.

PMSL

*sigh* Its already been given numerous times on the other Witcher threads. If you can't be bothered reading them and the information contained there, Google it yourself.

There's no way they'd license it to them for free.

Maybe one day in the future we can all frolic in the Sunflower fields together where AMD and NVIDIA cards both support OpenCL and CUDA and are 4K capable monster single GPU cards for $550

b-b-but muh open sauce :((((

well as i said as openCL matures it could beat cuda and computationally its already more powerful. openCL is a gamble that can pay out big time so amd would be stupid to kill it off so early 

There's no way they'd license it to them for free.

Read the other threads. Towards the end.

PMSL

well as i said as openCL matures it could beat cuda and computationally its already more powerful. openCL is a gamble that can pay out big time so amd would be stupid to kill it off so early 

Kill it off so early? AMD's had it for a while.

PMSL