Need a quiet PS for GTX 980 and I 7

macmus

Hi,

I need a quiet PS for my build. One where Fan does not even tickle under load :)

Additionaly I do not want to have unit with any kind of coil whine as well.

I was looking at:

EVGA SuperNOVA 1300G2

or 

Corsair Professional Series AX 1200 Watt

Any suggestions ?

Thanks!

FSP Aurum 650W CM Quiet Modular PSU, 80+ Gold

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Those PSUs are too much...

Get a ax860i. It has fanless mode and since you won't even dream to come close to the max watts with u system, the fan prob wont turn on

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

G2 all the way. Mine is coming in 2 weeks so I vouch for it

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Those PSUs are too much...

Get a ax860i. It has fanless mode and since you won't even dream to come close to the max watts with u system, the fan prob wont turn on

He asked for quiet so I gave him silent, Also for the OP http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104127&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Power+Supplies-_-N82E16817104127&gclid=Cj0KEQjwstaqBRCT38DWpZjJotIBEiQAERS6_PsJ66VtYzgKdPYg52vIcsANiDmdkTjZ5pkeq4-naBkaAo4U8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds This is the 750 watt one, it's on sale and has a $20 rebate

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

It would help to mention what you're powering.

Coil whine can happen to any psu.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

EVGA G2

Super Flower Leadex

Corsair AX

(pick the amount wattage you want)

Hi,

I need a quiet PS for my build. One where Fan does not even tickle under load :)

Additionaly I do not want to have unit with any kind of coil whine as well.

I was looking at:

EVGA SuperNOVA 1300G2

or 

Corsair Professional Series AX 1200 Watt

Any suggestions ?

Thanks!

Where are you buying from ? Do you plan on SLI ? as 1200W/1300W is massive overkill for a single GTX 980.

I'm not planning right now for SLI .. i have HX850 and it has very loud fan and coil whine makes me crazy under load... 

I'm ether thinking about 

Corsair Professional Series 860 Watt 

or 

EVGA G2 1000 or 1300 

I want it to be most efficient which means it should run cold and quiet 

Which gives 

I'm not planning right now for SLI .. i have HX850 and it has very loud fan and coil whine makes me crazy under load... 

I'm ether thinking about 

Corsair Professional Series 860 Watt 

or 

EVGA G2 1000 or 1300 

I want it to be most efficient which means it should run cold and quiet 

Which gives 

Those are much overkill.

If you're not planning to sli or cf, a good 550w would be plenty.

Psus tend to run less efficiently when at very low loads as well and it's better to get a psu that's just about big enough for the system.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

860 then ?

it should be good for 980 SLI as well ?

G2 all the way. Mine is coming in 2 weeks so I vouch for it

How do you vouch for something you don't even have?

860 then ?

it should be good for 980 SLI as well ?

Yes.

How do you vouch for something you don't even have?

Yes.

because I did reasearch and look at johny gurus review before getting it

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

V1000 will be silent even with SLI ?

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

So should i go with 1000 or 1300 to G2 to keep it most quite ?

EVGA SUpernova 1600 : (model from 2014) fanless untill 700w from my research. but after that the fan kicks in, and the fan profile is pretty aggressive.

- Seasonic Snow Silent 1050 watts : (model from end 2014) found only one test. they said it was fanless until 600w, and after that, the fan was near silent. this would be my best bet. but hard to find one. plus it's a limited edition.

- FirePower Silencer MK III 1200W 80Plus Platinum : (formerly Power PC and Cooling, model from 2012) : did not see a lot of reviews but on newegg.com, people seems happy with it

reviews says fanless untill 600w, then near silent fan.

- Cooler Master V1200 : reviews says fanless untill 600w, then near silent fan. The PCI button bugs me though.

- Best of the best would be corsair AX1500i, but it's like 500$

but hard to find one. plus it's a limited edition.

It's the same as the X 1050, which is much cheaper and more readily available. There will be little difference when the fan is on between the Snow Silent's Hong Hua fan and the X's San Ace.

"Rawr XD"

EVGA SUpernova 1600 : (model from 2014) fanless untill 700w from my research. but after that the fan kicks in, and the fan profile is pretty aggressive.

- Seasonic Snow Silent 1050 watts : (model from end 2014) found only one test. they said it was fanless until 600w, and after that, the fan was near silent. this would be my best bet. but hard to find one. plus it's a limited edition.

- FirePower Silencer MK III 1200W 80Plus Platinum : (formerly Power PC and Cooling, model from 2012) : did not see a lot of reviews but on newegg.com, people seems happy with it
reviews says fanless untill 600w, then near silent fan.

- Cooler Master V1200 : reviews says fanless untill 600w, then near silent fan. The PCI button bugs me though.

- Best of the best would be corsair AX1500i, but it's like 500$

- Seasonic Snow Silent 1050 watts

it's white and I have a black case :(

what about AX1200i .. is this one silent ?

You don't need this much power to ensure silence, or close to. 1200W is talking close to 4 980s, or 3 980s, not 1

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W