No iCloud lock on Apple Watch

Aniallation

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2015/05/14/apple-watch-allows-anyone-to-reset-it-even-if-they-dont-know-the-passcode/

http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/14/8605697/apple-watch-theft-security-features-lacking

http://time.com/3858762/apple-watch-theft/

I'm surprised this is happening, I remember this is what everyone would do with stolen iPhones and iPod Touches before Apple implemented iCloud lock. They should have thought about it with the easier-to-lose Apple Watch.

As spotted by iDownload, would-be thieves don’t need any sort of expertise to reset a stolen Apple Watch, after which they are free to pair it with their own iPhone, or sell it on for someone else to do the same.

Ironically, Apple does ask you to enter a passcode if it’s removed from your wrist, to prevent any of your data falling into the wrong hands, in the case of something like a robbery, but there’s no protection against simply wiping it and starting again.

This is explicitly outlined in Apple's own Apple Watch user guide. The company frames it as a way to restore your Watch's functionality if you should somehow totally blank on your passcode.

watchmanual.0.jpg

How exactly do you "reset Apple Watch and pair it again" if you don't know the code? To see the option for a factory reset, you hold the side button until the menu with three options (power off, power reserve, and lock device) appears. Then you force touch on that screen for another, hidden option: erase all content and settings. This does the same thing on the Watch as it does on your iPhone. It wipes out the entire thing and erases all of your private data. The option to completely reset Apple Watch is only available when it's attached to a charger, which means for all practical purposes it's impossible to wipe on the go.

The Apple Watch doesn't have Activation Lock or any equivalent designed for a wrist-worn device. Nor can you locate it with Apple's "Find My iPhone" app, which can track the last known whereabouts of your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or even a Mac. That second part makes sense since the Apple Watch doesn't have a GPS chip inside. But the smartwatch can connect to known Wi-Fi networks, so theoretically Apple could offer some idea of where it last held an internet connection, even if there's no way to guarantee that's where your Watch stayed. As of now, the option's just not there. Your Watch can help find your phone, but nothing exists to help recover the Watch.

“In other words, it’s totally feasible to steal an Apple Watch and set it up on a different device as if you just purchased it from an Apple Store,” wrote blogger Jeff Benjamin.

While the workaround poses no security threat to users’ personal data, it does highlight the notable absence of a “kill switch,” a security feature which became standard on iPhones with the release of iOS 7 in 2013. City officials have hailed the kill switch as a major deterrent for thieves, as they dramatically reduce the value of stolen phones.

"Rawr XD"

Now i REALLY don't want an Apple watch.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Thats a nice iScam you got there.

Can i have a go?

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

100% this will get patched just as all phone and tablet security bugs to too

Also its attached to your fucking wirst so....

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Wow, as much as I dislike apple, I'd have thought they would have been aware of this.

A good pickpocket could take it off your wrist without you even noticing.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

And thats why man made chainsaw's 

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

And thats why man made chainsaw's 

If my arm was chainsawed off, I am not sure I would care about my watch :D

This is still completely a none issue for most people and I am positive in the next update it will be patched

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Dang. That sucks. It's one of the better iOS features.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

It's not on your wrist when it's charging....

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

Breaking News: Rolex can be stolen off your wrist and used as well, more at 11.

I didn't know I could use mr Rolex to access my iCloud files.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Well you can't with the Apple Watch either. There's a passcode required. It's just that theives can wipe the thing... 

In the end, Apple put the remote lock on the iPhone to bring down the number of iPhones stolen. I guess that the market for stolen Apple Watches is pretty low right now as it's straped to your wirst. They'll surely add it later. For now, the data is still safe so it's no big deal. 

If you're a thief though...well good for you. You can format watches and sell them. Ass

in brooklyn. if i can see it on your wrist, I'm taking it.

if i see you with an iPhone, I don't take it. not worth the effort, usually locked.

in brooklyn. if i can see it on your wrist, I'm taking it.

if i see you with an iPhone, I don't take it. not worth the effort, usually locked.

This. Not just watches either, people with Androids, specifically Samsung, seem to be much more targeted towards theft because of no lockout mechanism, whereas most thieves know about iCloud lock by now. Samsung has one, but I've found it to be broken af

"Rawr XD"

Replying back to what you said to me in the previous, android wear and tizen don't actually have a activation lock as I know. You might have misunderstood due to the sensationalist title, as apple didnt want to have have a lock in the first place so its not a "loophole".

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide