Worst hype letdown

linuxfan66

What is the worst hype letdown that wasnt Destiny, Duke Nukem Forever, Sonic Lost World, or any other most obvious answers that you experienced?

Sonic Lost World is mine...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Arkham Origins :(

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

DDR4 memory

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

watchdogs hahahah 

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

watchdogs, and GTA 5 not that abd, but not as good as i thought it was going to be..But still a great game

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

The Xbox one and PS4, watched both of the Reveals at Midnight, just to be let down...

Watch_dogs

AC: Unity

Titanfall

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Titanfall

Destiny

Watchhogz

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Watch_Dogs

Returned it within 2 days it was that horrid and broken on PS4.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

BF4

Watchdongs, but thanks to it I stopped pre orderning games. I wait for reviews first,watch youtube of the game and decide if I wanna buy it or not. I don't care about day one or preorder bullshit bonuses. Once I have a pretty good Idea that the game will be filled with paid dlc I simply wait when there is a goty edition. On pc there is so many games to choose from that I have the time to wait. 

Evolve

Hardware: 4790k @ 4.6 GHz w/ H100i - MSI GTX 970 - Define R5 - MSI Z97 PC Mate - 840 EVO - G.Skill 2x4 GB

Peripherals: G402 - ATH-AD700x - Asus VG248QE 144 hz

Halo 4

AC: Unity (can't even play it for 30 minutes without getting incredibly bored)

Far Cry 4

Half Life 3. When (or if) it comes out, it will be the worst game in history because it is so overhyped it will not live up to peoples expectations.

State of Emergency from R*.

Man, the hype on that game was insane.

GTA III had just blown up, R* became a big deal pretty much over night and all the magazines were loosing their minds for the next game coming out from them.

They were showing off a game with huge crowds, no one had done crowds that large (or anything you could even call a crowed, really) and the edgy nature of it got people attention.

The media was already having a field day as they had just experience their first taste of picking up a hooker, sexing her up, then running her over and getting your money back.

When they saw the next game from R* that let you mow down hundreds of civilians they were up in arms.

Brink

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I think Warlords of Draenor has the most obvious of all letdowns after the recent Q1 numbers clocked in: upon launch the subscriber base went crazy up by 3+ million, players getting hyped up for some oldschool horde kicking ass awesomeness. All these new players (mostly returning ones who skipped expansion or two) + some thousands of the usual ones left within two months because it was only the hype that kept them going and that eventually expired when there was no substantial content to keep them interested in the game.

Destiny was also a bummer, but I never bought it, so not too sad about it.

A more older letdown was Skyrim due to the enormous hype and friend pressure of how great and addictive it is. Got it, liked the scenery but could not get through more than 3 hours of it. 

Rambo? I never played it but angry joe did...man he was pissed.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Elder Scrolls Online

Gergle Destroyer of Pancakes

Rambo? I never played it but angry joe did...man he was pissed.

Wait, there was hype for that assed shovelware?

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!