c'mon guys theres also a tech in cars

get your balls up ..........

and go for some cars tech reviews......linus group

try something different guys..........not that super channel fun.

Edited by Glenwing
Removed caps lock

Urrghhhh

I'm going to put a link to my PC specs which actually aren't my PC specs and I cry myself to sleep everyday so I can have these PC specs but I can't afford these PC specs so PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs.

GET YOUR BALLS UP ..........

AND  GO FOR SOME CARS TECH REVIEWS......LINUS GROUP

TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT GUYS..........NOT THAT SUPER CHANNEL FUN.

There should be a video about the new BMW 1 series, does that count?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Cars are not that interesting, I mean most of them have massive screens with UIs that look ugly, or work kinda strange. Connect your phone to it and there you go ^^

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Actually isn't nividia building Tegra's for one of the car manufacturors......That's about as interesting as I can come up with from a computer hardware perspective.....From a car perspective however.....That's what this thread is for....

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-ltts-unofficial-car-enthusiast-club/

We here at Linus tech forums do not discriminate based upon method of Geekery, merely the level of it, and whether you've got the money to support it.

Yeah car tech is not quite there yet. It is definitely in the works, but it hasn't hit mainstream yet.

Actually isn't nividia building Tegra's for one of the car manufacturors.

Yeah I remember this from CES. The most exciting tech at CES was from the motor industry. Looking forward to seeing what comes out in the next couple of years.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Actually there was one other thing that came up recently, was discussing this one with my father over lunch a couple of weeks back, can't remember who's it is, but one of the self driving cars had an interesting Take. It does three laps of a circuit. Once, slowly on the left side of the track, right next to the grass, Once, slowly on the right side of the track, just next to the grass.....

Simple right? Nothing difficult or interesting. It's the third lap. The car flicks the switch, and starts driving the absolute nuts of the circuit. Going through the track quick enough to make the experienced motorcar journalist who's in the car sit up, and take notice.

Found it interesting.

They did do an overview of an elecrtic car if I recall correctly. But you need to understand a car is a lot harder to get, store and test properly. They are not equipped to carry out good reviews. They are also VERY expensive compared to even the highest end stuff they have gotten in the past, so until manufacturers actually gift cars to them (and you need some sort of reputation in the business for that to happen) they would have to dish out huge amounts of money for a single video.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

A lot of people here do care very much about cars, but practically no one cares about the new "tech" they're shoving in them these days.

Does anybody here really know about the tech in cars? Some cool stuff is starting to creep into the market. It will be a while before tech is fully blown into the car industry.

They did do an overview of an elecrtic car if I recall correctly. But you need to understand a car is a lot harder to get, store and test properly. They are not equipped to carry out good reviews. They are also VERY expensive compared to even the highest end stuff they have gotten in the past, so until manufacturers actually gift cars to them (and you need some sort of reputation in the business for that to happen) they would have to dish out huge amounts of money for a single video.

I was thinking this, but then I thought, just rent one and it could be possible. Might be a bit of lag between initial release and rental availability but I don't think it really matters to PC guys that much. The tech is interesting none the less and most people on here won't even know when new car tech is released anyway.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Cars are expensive

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

A thread that starts in all caps should never be taken this seriously. 

Of course it should. An good idea from a fool is still a good idea. I am not saying OP is a fool, or that LTT doing car tech is a good idea, but it is definitely worth some discussion. Car tech is the future after all. Just look at CES 2015.

Does anybody here really know about the tech in cars? Some cool stuff is starting to creep into the market. It will be a while before tech is fully blown into the car industry.

I was thinking this, but then I thought just rent one and it could be possible. Might be a bit of lag but I don't think it really matters to PC guys that much. The tech is interesting none the less and most people on here won't even know when new car tech is released anyway.

The thing is, that any "new" tech we see in cars, we tend to see 5 years beforehand in motorsports. CURS? Yup we saw that about 5-6 years before Mazda stuck it in their latest cars. Common Rail diesel? Yup Le mans.... It's why they weren't having to pit as often. I think the self driving cars, and the consumer electronic portions are the only things were not getting half a decades lead time on, so it's a little difficult to get excited about something you've known about for so long.

Of course it should. An good idea from a fool is still a good idea. I am not saying OP is a fool, or that LTT doing car tech is a good idea, but it is definitely worth some discussion. Car tech is the future after all. Just look at CES 2015.

It's the internet equivalent of running into a pizzeria and yelling "GET YOUR BALLS UP.....AND START MAKING STEAKS.....PIZZERIA.....TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT GUYS." You'd be politely told to go eat somewhere that serves steaks. If you're not so lucky, you would be physically thrown out the back door. 

Sit down, have a pizza, and talk about a good steak you had/are planning to have? sure.

Demand that the pizzeria change it's format just for you? entitled. 

The thing is, that any "new" tech we see in cars, we tend to see 5 years beforehand in motorsports. CURS? Yup we saw that about 5-6 years before Mazda stuck it in their latest cars. Common Rail diesel? Yup Le mans.... It's why they weren't having to pit as often. I think the self driving cars, and the consumer electronic portions are the only things were not getting half a decades lead time on, so it's a little difficult to get excited about something you've known about for so long.

I agree with you completely on automotive tech. I am thinking more along the lines of computer tech in the motor industry instead (sorry I didn't make myself clear). Things like image processing for road and vehicle recognition. These are already here with things like lane detection and automatic parking but these are only the start. It won't be too long before our cars are recognising foreign objects on the road and letting other cars know of the danger.

Again I like the idea of LTT doing car tech but as previously said, it won't be interesting (i.e. worthwile) for another few years yet.

It's the internet equivalent of running into a pizzeria and yelling "GET YOUR BALLS UP.....AND START MAKING STEAKS.....PIZZERIA.....TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT GUYS." You'd be politely told to go eat somewhere that serves steaks. If you're not so lucky, you would be physically thrown out the back door. 

Sit down, have a pizza, and talk about a good steak you had/are planning to have? sure.

Demand that the pizzeria change it's format just for you? entitled. 

Okay I take your point, but... a reasonable dissucssion has still started because of it. That's all I'm saying.

Lol.... BMW 1...

What's so funny?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Most car guys want driver cars, as in ones with little to no electronics.

Im a massive techie, but My car is manual everything. doesnt even have traction control or ABS. and thats better to me then a car that can drive itself

What's so funny?

Well I mean the 1 series are kinda low line... how about a 4 or 5 or even up to 7? Now that's interesting. Usually low tier cars are just cars, nothing more in 'em really.

Hey man... A car is a car is a car. Simple as that. Hey all get you from point A, to point B. And besides, I don't think any one at LMG is very handy with cars... Also, since this is their ACTUAL job, they have to do what gets them views, and sponsorship.

Well I mean the 1 series are kinda low line... how about a 4 or 5 or even up to 7? Now that's interesting. Usually low tier cars are just cars, nothing more in 'em really.

Now, your comment is funny....

This is a tech channel, not a car orientated channel.

The 1 series Linus reviewed has the newest technology in it (Which If I'm not wrong, this is what the whole thread was aimed towards.)

So I wouldn't say it's low end at all.

Most car guys want driver cars, as in ones with little to no electronics.

Im a massive techie, but My car is manual everything. doesnt even have traction control or ABS. and thats better to me then a car that can drive itself

Basically this^

The more technology you cram into a car, the less "soul" it has. Like the way Jeremy Clarkson described the Nissan GTR, it's a very good car, but it's more like an Ipod than a racing car. It just works, in an amazingly complex way, but it feels like it has no soul. No feel, no excitement.

Although I believe he may have corrected that statement after he got to take it out on the track with the limiters turned off.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs