*insert obligatory "Thanks Nick" here*

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

There's nothing ugly about that tilt mechanism.

It looks like a pretty tidy and sturdy mechanism to me.

I got the feeling all these racing chairs are same-y, might be made in the same factory in china

Should try to check out some higher end chairs like the herman miller aeron.

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I came to read the Stereotype hate replies.

"grabs popcorn" 

Let´s see what people have to say this time.

i still doubt there are that many chairs around the 200-350 range with the same features and World wide shipping.

Herman miller is great and all but it cost so much more. and people bitch about THIS price tag already...

But i agree with Luke, that damn winged back design is stupid...im thinking of cutting it off mine or something.

I don't really see the point in these racing chairs being advertised as "gaming" chairs. The design works in a racecar, where you're constantly being thrown around and subjected to g-forces, while at a desk you're basically just... sitting still. As for comfort, it's entirely possible to get a comfortable chair for significantly less. Right now I'm using a standard leather office chair and it's just fine.

But I suppose this'll still sell to kids with big pockets anyway, because it's "gaming" branded therefore it has to be super amazing even though they have little to actually do with gaming and a good-quality chair can be had for much less.

While this looks great, and theoretically is available in the US, the huge shipping charge puts the cost of this chair well above the competition. 

I don't really see the point in these racing chairs being advertised as "gaming" chairs. The design works in a racecar, where you're constantly being thrown around and subjected to g-forces, while at a desk you're basically just... sitting still. As for comfort, it's entirely possible to get a comfortable chair for significantly less. Right now I'm using a standard leather office chair and it's just fine.

But I suppose this'll still sell to kids with big pockets anyway, because it's "gaming" branded therefore it has to be super amazing even though they have little to actually do with gaming.

Yes i agree, the "gaming" is unnecessary and this chairs are more for the race sims.

The last part sort of bothered me though, Have you used one? Can your chair´s back tilt back anywhere near the same level (not all the way but at lest half)? is the back on yours as tall with a head rest? 

Yes im defending this chairs because they are not 100% complete Garbage and so far NO ONE has provided ANY good counter argument or even a good example or something BETTER!.

Also kids with rich pockets? stop being an ass.

Sure there are idiots that will buy it because "Gaming" is all over it but there are smarter people out there, don't just group every one in the same category.

While this looks great, and theoretically is available in the US, the huge shipping charge puts the cost of this chair well above the competition. 

Shipping is different from place to place. you probably just looking at a bad retailer. some places have a good shipping price.

Yes i agree, the "gaming" is unnecessary and this chairs are more for the race sims.

The last part sort of bothered me though, Have you used one? Can your chair´s back tilt back anywhere near the same level (not all the way but at lest half)? is the back on yours as tall with a head rest? 

Yes im defending this chairs because they are not 100% complete Garbage and so far NO ONE has provided ANY good counter argument or even a good example or something BETTER!.

Also kdis with rich pockets? stop being an ass.

I did sit in one by DXRacer, at their booth at PAX East. Yeah, the chairs are comfortable, but honestly, I'm not gonna drop $350 on one because it's a "gaming" chair and therefore special and deserves the huge markup. My current one doesn't recline in the same way, like instead of just the backrest reclining the whole thing reclines, but I lock it because I find it uncomfortable (never really found recline comfortable, tbh, I know I'm weird like that) so yeah. And yes, I do understand that not everyone is the same as me as far as seating goes, but imo, comfort should be a huge priority over bling-y design or features not everyone will find useful, and it's easy to find a chair just as comfortable for hundreds less.

Okay, I apologize for that comment. But I don't really see a product like this being a huge success among most PC gamers as not everyone is a racing sim enthusiast or trusts the quality of "gaming" gear.

I did sit in one by DXRacer, at their booth at PAX East. Yeah, the chairs are comfortable, but honestly, I'm not gonna drop $350 on one because it's a "gaming" chair and therefore special and deserves the huge markup. My current one doesn't recline in the same way, like instead of just the backrest reclining the whole thing reclines, but I lock it because I find it uncomfortable (never really found recline comfortable, tbh, I know I'm weird like that) so yeah. And yes, I do understand that not everyone is the same as me as far as seating goes, but imo, comfort should be a huge priority over bling-y design or features not everyone will find useful, and it's easy to find a chair just as comfortable for hundreds less.

Okay, I apologize for that comment. But I don't really see a product like this being a huge success among most PC gamers as not everyone is a racing sim enthusiast or trusts the quality of "gaming" gear.

I agree with you 100% its not for everyone, just like everything in this world, there is no one chair to rule them all! and this chairs are NOT marketed as one either.

But hating on something because "you" don't like it is just like hating on Apple for the sake of hating

This is not the Apple of Chairs but its treated the same way.

There is probably a chair for everyone, you just have to find it, in my case my DXRacer is almost perfect, aside form the back, im the same boat as Luke, although my shoulders are not wide at all. im probably around Linus´s size if not a tad smaller.

if i had my wish i´d want a different back on mine and maybe a tad bit softer cushions. but that's about it, i do use the Tilt alot and i do like the arm wrests although i do wish they could move back and forth as well.

I agree with you 100% its not for everyone, just like everything in this world, there is no one chair to rule them all! and this chairs are NOT marketed as one either.

But hating on something because "you" don't like it is just like hating on Apple for the sake of hating

This is not the Apple of Chairs but its treated the same way.

There is probably a chair for everyone, you just have to find it, in my case my DXRacer is almost perfect, aside form the back, im the same boat as Luke, although my shoulders are not wide at all. im probably around Linus´s size if not a tad smaller.

Well, I'm glad your happy with your DXRacer. I'm also glad you don't recognize it as the greatest chair line ever made and everyone and their mother should own one or something like that. Chairs like this certainly have their niche, but just like with everything there is not one thing to rule them all and outside of their niche, they probably don't have much value to most people. But for a racing sim enthusiast, who wants to make their experience as authentic as possible? A racing chair like this is probably a must-have.

Well, I'm glad your happy with your DXRacer. I'm also glad you don't recognize it as the greatest chair line ever made and everyone and their mother should own one or something like that. Chairs like this certainly have their niche, but just like with everything there is not one thing to rule them all and outside of their niche, they probably don't have much value to most people. But for a racing sim enthusiast, who wants to make their experience as authentic as possible? TA racing chair is probably a must-have.

Yea, that's why not many people have them, but there is still a market for them and i see no reason to not let it stay, maybe remove the "gaming" and add "racing sim" or something for better marketing and update there line of chairs with something 90% less racing related and maybe add something that actually does benifit gaming in some immersive way, Maybe Speaker mounts or SOMETHING.'

@Slick any plans too, oh idunno... maybe Mod one of the chairs for better comfort on the back? Saw off the wings maybe? or replace it all together? :D

scrap yard wars idea, make a "gaming chair" huehue :D

It's a very nice looking chair I must admit! I personally prefer the softer designs as my hips usually take a dislike to the more extreme designs like this.

Cool stuff Luke! ^.=.^

Mod it till it breaks! ^.=.^

Yea, that's why not many people have them, but there is still a market for them and i see no reason to not let it stay, maybe remove the "gaming" and add "racing sim" or something for better marketing and update there line of chairs with something 90% less racing related and maybe add something that actually does benifit gaming in some immersive way, Maybe Speaker mounts or SOMETHING.

Yeah, these are racing sim chairs, not gaming chairs. Most of their features and design wouldn't be very beneficial for "just" gaming, anyway. Hell, with manufacturer names like GT Omega and DXRacer, I'd imagine they'd be marketed as racing sim chairs and not gaming chairs, but I guess attempting to appeal to a wider demographic and therefore trying to garner more sales is more important than marketing them towards who they're designed for.

Thanks for the vid!  I'm looking into a chair like this.  I've been using cheap chairs and/or old chairs given away for free and I'm now thinking of buying a premium chair.  Not really sure which brand to get though.  

Thanks for the vid!  I'm looking into a chair like this.  I've been using cheap chairs and/or old chairs given away for free and I'm now thinking of buying a premium chair.  Not really sure which brand to get though.  

Always try them out if possible!

Also ask yourself what you want on your chair, its alot to consider even though it doesn't sound like it.

What's the measurement of Luke's shoulders?

trying to ascertain whether the 'wings' will be an issue for my body size or not

Would be nice to see some "non gaming chairs". Also NOT the poofy one's either, because unless you buy an expensive, its going to be straight out of China with a sub $70 cost (trust me, I work in furniture retail). Also with gaming and poofy chairs they offer no back support. In my personally opinion, office styled chairs win hands down. $200 name brand office chairs offer better quality materials and are designed in nature for people working all day sitting. They are usually ergonomically better as well. Maybe for a review try all 3 types and see, and maybe get a opinions from some other members with different body types. Sorry for the rambling =)

Sup

I got the feeling all these racing chairs are same-y, might be made in the same factory in china

Should try to check out some higher end chairs like the herman miller aeron.

I have a DX Racer and it looks exactly the same as the Omega one and all the other type of "gaming" chairs.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

These gaming chairs look nice but not being able to sit in them myself before I buy a chair is pretty much a no go especially when they're usually at least $300 before shipping.

I look for 4 things in a chair

1: The chair can reach my head, I like to lean back and relax; so if it doesn't reach my head it's not comfortable.

2: It doesn't cut off the circulation in my legs, I sit for long sessions, but even with in a couple hours I notice if my legs aren't getting circulation my knees hurt when I get up.

3: Arm rests that reach my elbows, nothing worse than arm rests that are too short or even too high. adjustable is nice, but if they just fit right away that's cool to.

4: Height adjustments, I'm 6 feet tall and I don't like feeling like my knees are going to hit me in the face.

Currently I'm pretty happy, I bought a nice office chair from Costco for under $200 that met all these requirements, the arm rests aren't adjustable but they're in the right place so I'm cool with that. Before that I had one for years I purchased from Staples for around $250. My last one was cloth, this new one is leather, I can't decide which is better, cloth because I can take my shirt off in the summer and not stick to it, or leather because I eat at my desk a lot and it's nicer to clean.

$19.99 to $24.99 chair did me good in WOW raiding and more and so I see no need to spend more.  I want a chair that makes me think about posture and not one that does it all for me and then puts me to sleep in the chair.  I also like having the ability to have my arms go anywhere without bumping into arm rests.  Cheap chairs for life for me I think.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

These gaming chairs look nice but not being able to sit in them myself before I buy a chair is pretty much a no go especially when they're usually at least $300 before shipping.

I look for 4 things in a chair

1: The chair can reach my head, I like to lean back and relax; so if it doesn't reach my head it's not comfortable.

2: It doesn't cut off the circulation in my legs, I sit for long sessions, but even with in a couple hours I notice if my legs aren't getting circulation my knees hurt when I get up.

3: Arm rests that reach my elbows, nothing worse than arm rests that are too short or even too high. adjustable is nice, but if they just fit right away that's cool to.

4: Height adjustments, I'm 6 feet tall and I don't like feeling like my knees are going to hit me in the face.

Currently I'm pretty happy, I bought a nice office chair from Costco for under $200 that met all these requirements, the arm rests aren't adjustable but they're in the right place so I'm cool with that. Before that I had one for years I purchased from Staples for around $250. My last one was cloth, this new one is leather, I can't decide which is better, cloth because I can take my shirt off in the summer and not stick to it, or leather because I eat at my desk a lot and it's nicer to clean.

My DX racer meets all of the above. I spoke to the guys there and gave them my measurements and they recommended the correct chair for my height and weight. Its the best chair I have ever owned.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

I hope you will review a mesh chair soon and compare it against these racer-themed chairs, chairs inspired by the comfort and functionality of a car seat against a more well designed ergonomic chair with mesh/velours like Herman Miller Embody Chairs or even Aerons Office Chairs. I think you won't get a free review sample so easily from these companies though. Where racer chair companies take more advantage through "advertising" through appearance in videos and positive "amateure"-feedback.(not pointing any fingers here), office ergonomic chair makers/designers on the other hand normally sell chairs to businesses and "advertise" through reputation and suggestions.

I really hope you get hand on a sample from one of these more "professional" chairs to review.

A bit of suggestions at the end here if you are interested, from my list what I potentially want to get next (most of these if not all are Canadian made):

​The Keilhauer Junior, Keilhauer Squig, Borgo L'aquam, Standard Systems Cinger, the Nightingale CXO, Herman Miller Embody Chair