New build ideas

What do you guys think of this build as a workstation/gaming build. and what do you think about the components?

i7 4790k

Asus GTX strix 970 gpu

corsair dominator platinum 2133mhz 16gb

Asus Z97 pro gaming motherboard

LG 16x black bluray drive

2x 120mm noctua fans at 2000 rpm

2x 140mm noctua fans at 2000 rpm

noctua NHU-14S Cpu heatsink

Intel 730 240gb ssd

wd black 1tb hard drive

fractal design define R5

logitech 710+ keyboard

asus pce-ac68 sound card

roccat kova plus mouse.

Thanks for the help!

What do you guys think of this build as a workstation/gaming build. and what do you think about the components?

i7 4790k

Asus GTX strix 970 gpu

corsair dominator platinum 2133mhz 16gb

Asus Z97 pro gaming motherboard

LG 16x black bluray drive

2x 120mm noctua fans at 2000 rpm

2x 140mm noctua fans at 2000 rpm

noctua NHU-14S Cpu heatsink

Intel 730 240gb ssd

wd black 1tb hard drive

fractal design define R5

logitech 710+ keyboard

asus pce-ac68 sound card

roccat kova plus mouse.

Thanks for the help!

I can't see any thing any thing wrong with that, but then again people using the dark theme are going to have trouble seeing anything.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

my budget is around about 2500 dollars less if possible at the moment it is costing about 2300 dollars so not too bad. I will probably be running games and web browsing but also using it for quite a bit of school work. I also forgot to add the monitor which an asus pa238q.

my budget is around about 2500 dollars less if possible at the moment it is costing about 2300 dollars so not too bad. I will probably be running games and web browsing but also using it for quite a bit of school work. I also forgot to add the monitor which an asus pa238q.

For that budget it looks like a good build to me, maybe not so much for the usage of it but hey, it'll last you a few years then.

Just wondering, why would you go with that monitor? Have you already purchased it?

The PB238Q is a much cheaper, better choice. Even the PA248Q is almost $100 less than the PA238Q, assuming you're in the US.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

no i haven't purchased it yet and i am actually still trying too decide between the pb and the pa the actually i think the pb is probably a better idea certainly for the price. But the pa has a slight better screen and it also comes factory calibrated, it is quite a hard decision but i am actually considering going with the PB instead. which one do you think i should go with?   

no i haven't purchased it yet and i am actually still trying too decide between the pb and the pa the actually i think the pb is probably a better idea certainly for the price. But the pa has a slight better screen and it also comes factory calibrated, it is quite a hard decision but i am actually considering going with the PB instead. which one do you think i should go with?   

You need to quote people for them to know you've replied to their post ;)

I'd go with the PB. PA is mostly if you're doing professional color work. Very professional. I have friends that do a lot of photography stuff, and even they don't use PA quality monitors.

Honestly you can probably buy the PB, and a color calibrator for less than the cost of the PA monitor, and you'd have the calibrator to use on other displays.

They likely use the same screen, just one's calibrated and includes a 10bit LUT. The PA is a little more customizable.

But honestly at almost double the price you'd be better off getting the PA248Q for $100 less if you want those features.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I'd go with the PB. PA is mostly if you're doing professional color work. Very professional. I have friends that do a lot of photography stuff, and even they don't use PA quality monitors.

Honestly you can probably buy the PB, and a color calibrator for less than the cost of the PA monitor, and you'd have the calibrator to use on other displays.

They likely use the same screen, just one's calibrated and includes a 10bit LUT. The PA is a little more customizable.

But honestly at almost double the price you'd be better off getting the PA248Q for $100 less if you want those features.

Oh right thank you very much your right if all i'm going to use it for is gaming/work and internet browsing than that's all i'll need. Thank you!

I would personally leave out the sound card to save a bit of cash. Asus does a good job with onboard audio so unless you use very high impedance headphones you shouldn't notice a difference.

Otherwise it looks pretty good. 

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

sorry my bad I meant wireless (wifi card) as the motherboard doesn't have a built in wireless card and this one got good reviews apart from the asus drivers for it though.  

Hi you said about color calibrators what do you think about this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832699021&cm_re=ColorMunki-_-32-699-021-_-Product  because this is the first time i have ever heard of these and i was just wondering if new quite a lot about them or not. If so could you give me some good recommendations?

Thank you! 

Hi you said about color calibrators what do you think about this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832699021&cm_re=ColorMunki-_-32-699-021-_-Product  because this is the first time i have ever heard of these and i was just wondering if new quite a lot about them or not. If so could you give me some good recommendations?

Thank you! 

Unfortunately I know next to nothing about them, I don't plan on looking into them until I do my next build next year.

There should be plenty of Youtube videos though :)

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler