GTA V, GTA in general...why is it fun?

DavePwns

Believe it or not but I've never played any of the GTA series. Its obviously one of the most well known games out there. So my question is, what makes the game fun?

Is there a decent story you need to follow? or is it just run around messing with people in the city? is there any type of loot system or upgrades to achieve? It seems to me like its would be one of those games that you play for a couple hours, mess around then get bored after that (like goat simulator lol).

Please share why you love OR don't love the game.

Open world + guns + cars + guns in cars + Friends + "realism" + planes + helis

Still playing Sand Andreas xD

In San Andreas the 3rd party  multi player is so much better than 5. if you find the right server.

GTA 5 Goals, gettings better shit than your friends

Open world + guns + cars + guns in cars + Friends + "realism"

This ^

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It takes the time off the cs go comp rage i get over trolls in mm...

Believe me, you will get trolls if your in Silver. 

Lot's of stuff to do off the top of my head: darts, tennis, sky diving, golf, helicopters, planes, drinking, stocks, strip clubs, guns, shooting ranges, massive open world, lots of different NPC's, Follows the story of three characters, trevor, michael and franklin, their stories are pretty funny.  

A few days ago, I ended up watched TV for like an hour just because it was so fucking funny. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

There  is  just an endless amount of things to do. The graphics are great and honestly, I love a game that is not restricted and the open-world scene is amazing. You can rob people, kill people, steal cars, fly jets, etc. 

However my experience was on the PS3, I would kill for the PC version since my PS3 has gone to shit lol

I can almost guarantee you will like it.  

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

The single player story is good but what I think is selling GTA V bigtime is mulitplayer. I have had the most fun in GTA Online on pc since I played arma 2 with my friends.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

The ability to buy houses and businesses. Open world , the ability to change. Your characters look, tons of cars to choose from the ability to mod those cars  and when I say cars I mean peddle bike to. Massive dump trucks plains. Helicopters. Boats. Quads.  And the missions are fun  plus you get to see  half nude women at strip clubs 

I still play games like Vice City and San Andreas from time to time. They are classics. This series is my favorite game series of all time. I love how Rockstar DOESN'T spit out a new title every single year. It's worth the wait every single time. I have over 40 hours logged in on GTA V already, and literally half of that time, I'm just driving around and enjoying the scenery, and running away from cops. It's that much of a relaxing time for me that sometimes I didn't even realize that I just drove around the map for an hour.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Open world + guns + cars + guns in cars + Friends + "realism" + planes + helis

Still playing Sand Andreas xD

In San Andreas the 3rd party  multi player is so much better than 5. if you find the right server.

GTA 5 Goals, gettings better shit than your friends

+ big explosions and strip club :ph34r:

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

U can do what u want within the boundaries of the game.

If u play a shooter game u are not allowed to a certain parts of the map and beyond its borders.

GTA has its limits too but for example map size is much bigger than any other not open world game.

It has 400 square miles.

Storyline is pretty good especially Trevor is very fun character sometimes taking things way too far.

U can fly (heli, jet, massive plane), bicykle, ride a bike, drive a car, run, parachute or free fall.

Car variety is amazing, from lawn mowers, tractors to tank :)

U can have plenty of guns (more than BF:Hardline, that game sux btw).

When you earn money u can buy houses, cars (modify them), boats, planes etc.

Theres too much to talk about, watch streamers on twitch.

I would just say this: If ubever wanted to just do yiur own stuff and not follow aome stupid storyline but just wander around in the virtual world made for you and perhaps play with friends (just kill innocent people and cops or challenge each other in a race or do co-op mission or even deathmatch) then GTA is the best known game in this category :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I feel like playing some golf. I could potentially go look in steam to find a golf game, or I could just drive Trevor to the golf club and play the entire course and then drive his truck through the field, escape the cops in a shootout, then go base jumping.

-------

Current Rig

-------

so much stuff to do missions, story is good whit very authentic voice acting makes you immersed to the story, too much stuff to talk about only thing i feel kinda disappointed about is the guns i wanted more customisation few colors aint gonna cut it for me especially when the most colors look like shit in my opinion i mean platinum color it should be special but does not feel like it. i hope there will be mods that fix this kinda problem otherwise its just great fun to roam around tune your car and do missions tuning in gta5 is really good and i like it i mean its not the best but its really good above avereage tuning in games only thing i wished they would have added is more authentic feeling tuning not just hey buy new engine get this and this much speed and acceleration

Play the game and play it with friends and you will see why it's so fun :)

It's not that fun, imo. I bought it since I haven't played GTA since GTA 2, but it's probably going to sit in my library with less than 10 hours of play for the rest of time. 

Desktop: 12900k // 128GB DDR5 // 2x 3070

Laptop: Razer Blade 15 Advanced (2022) // i9 12-900H // 64GB DDR5 // 3080 Ti

I remember playing SA:MP back in the day. Going to a gang war with three humvees full of guys driving in a line, two of the large military trucks (one in back, one in front), and two hydras flying above. It was all out war when we got there. It was pretty epic.  :P

It's not that fun, imo. I bought it since I haven't played GTA since GTA 2, but it's probably going to sit in my library with less than 10 hours of play for the rest of time. 

Damn, that sucks that you didn't enjoy it. Did you try online with friends? Maybe that'll be more enjoyable for you. Wasted money sucks.

The first time I played GTA it was Vice City. I walked out onto the road, saw a bus, stole that bus, smashed into multiple cars, ran over some pedestrians. Cops came after me, bus caught on fire, exploded. That's why GTA is fun.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Lot's of stuff to do off the top of my head: darts, tennis, sky diving, golf, helicopters, planes, drinking, stocks, strip clubs, guns, shooting ranges, massive open world, lots of different NPC's, Follows the story of three characters, trevor, michael and franklin, their stories are pretty funny.  

A few days ago, I ended up watched TV for like an hour just because it was so fucking funny. 

Silver Elite Master here. My team mate killed me after I told him to stop throwing flashbangs right at the start of the round

The open world, can drive almost anywhere you want and get to do stuffs, many of us will probably never get to do in real life, like flying a fighter jet. It also helped me pass my driving test as I practice parallel parking in the game. :lol:

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list