Trusted Tech YouTubers?

Do you guys know of some trusted YouTubers?

I've have major problems finding reliable sources for tech youtubers since most of them are either making low quality content, they're not to descriptive on the product or they're just people who get funded by manufacturing companies.

careyholzman, though he puts a little too much detail and many people dont have the attention span to watch one of his videos.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I partly trust Linus, but other than that i dont really watch any other youtubers. With partly i mean that Linus is basically 100% sponsored by companies who want him to sell their products, and some build videos have just completely retarded choices in them considering the budget. Also, Linus seems to be biased to some degree regarding certain companies, as well. But i'll form my own opinion about that instead of blindly following what i hear.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

linustechtipcs

techquickie

linuscattips

ncixcom

teksyndicate

jayztwocents

singularitycomputers

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

TBH, I don't prefer MKBHD since whatever videos he makes are not of my interest.

I've always had a suspicion on Tek Syndicate that he's telling lies/wrong details.

JayzTwoCents seems reliable but I can't really confirm.

LTT, JayzTwoCents, Austin Evans(mostly), Hardware Canuks, Barnacles, Tek Syndicate, Carey Holzman (A metric button of detail in his videos). I said Austin Evans mostly, and didnt list Unbox Therapy, MKBHD or that other jacked white dude they do videos with whose name i cant remember, because they mainly jump on Bandwagons, and dont go into detail.

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

linuscattips

10/8, no discrimin8, best youtube channel

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

PcPer have some great stuff.

I have no issues with tek syndicate. I didn't know they had a bad rep?

Gotta love me some hardwareCannuks too

Also jayz can be good. Especially for overclocking and water cooling stuff. In my opinion. I'm not as big a fan of all his product reviews though.

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

PcPer have some great stuff.

I have no issues with tek syndicate. I didn't know they had a bad rep?

Gotta love me some hardwareCannuks too

Also jayz can be good. Especially for overclocking and water cooling stuff. In my opinion. I'm not as big a fan of all his product reviews though.

I've mostly seen Tek Syndicate have a bad reputation in the audio quality line or just a bad reputation in explaining/reviewing.

I've mostly seen Tek Syndicate have a bad reputation in the audio quality line or just a bad reputation in explaining/reviewing.

Iv watched their audio videos. They seemed quite down to earth. It's quite possible I don't know enough though. They don't seem to put very many videos these days though.

Seriously there's no other as good as linus tech tips. I have seen almost every tek youtubers.

You might what to check out Tested, Will and Norm do review some tech and it's interesting, also Adam and Jamie from Mythbusters shows up from time to time there too.

Cry Havoc!

Iv watched their audio videos. They seemed quite down to earth. It's quite possible I don't know enough though. They don't seem to put very many videos these days though.

I just find many sophisticated comments calling Tek Syndicate a lier but to be honest trolls are so common now that I've given up reading comments.

@Moody Catastrophe If you want in depth then PCPER.

I mean look at PCPER's FreeSync vs Gsync video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkrJU5d2RfA

If you're also open to reading instead of watching videos then in addition to PCPER there's TechReport and JonnyGURU.

There's also OC3D, his videos are fairly good and are very exhaustive in covering all the bases.

His videos aren't quite as in depth and investigative as PCPER and JonnyGURU but they're great for getting a large amount of information on a single product from a single video.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

LTT, OC3D, PCPER, Jayztwocents, Austin Evans and MKBHD 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

LTT, JayzTwoCents, MKBHD, Jerry Berg, Tek Syndicate

I tend not to trust Tek Syndicate... somthing about them.... is... off. I like the videos though xD

I think it's best to not watch tech channels for their reviews, since majority of them do actually get paid to say certain things. I mainly just watch tech channels to see the product, and to see what kind of specifications and stuff it has. A channel like LinusTechTips for example, generally gives unbiased opinions on their tech reviews and such, but it's not a secret that they have sponsors of which they would prefer to keep good relations with. You should just take what YouTubers say with a grain of salt. The only channels I watch frequently are: LTT, MKBHD, and Austin Evans; but I also occasionally watch Tek Syndicate and Paul's Hardware.

I think it's best to not watch tech channels for their reviews, since majority of them do actually get paid to say certain things. I mainly just watch tech channels to see the product, and to see what kind of specifications and stuff it has.

You should take any and all information, no matter the source, with a grain of salt.

Anybody could lie to you, nobody has any particular incentive to be honest with you.

Why would somebody want you to get real information and make up your own mind about subject X when they can much more easily lie to you and make up your mind for you and make sure that the way you think is favorable for them.

If you honestly care about getting real information about product X then look at all the reviews, typically there's a few reviews that sugarcoat the bad news about the product with prettier words and then there's one or two that don't.

And it isn't always about being paid, sometimes it's differing opinions or something that somebody else didn't notice.

No one source will have all the information, let alone all the entirely correct information.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I just find many sophisticated comments calling Tek Syndicate a lier but to be honest trolls are so common now that I've given up reading comments.

Lol yeah, good point. YT comments are dead twice over. Still interesting to hear it.

I watch YouTube videos just for fun, they can't give enough information anyway.

And failing to act, for fear of the risk, is no different than a living death. No matter what world you’re in.

None of them and at the same time all of them collectively and then some websites, forums, etc. I've found that you cannot find anyone with a totally unbiased opinion it is better to evaluate several takes on the product at hand from all around to form an opinion.

-------

Current Rig

-------