My first build, Modern "Art"

archip

Hi, Im gonna just get down to how this build came to be then show off a little. About one year ago I decided that my awesome gaming laptop that I had picked up was just not cutting it in terms of noise, performance, and monitor refresh rate. So I saved all of my money and now, now here is my first build that I have dubbed, Modern "Art". I hope you enjoy.

SPECS:

Intel I7 5820K

Asus X99 Deluxe

Ripjaws Series 4 16GB at 2133

EVGA GTX 960 SSC

Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

Enermax Liqtech 240

Corsair AX860

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

BONUS:

Cablemod sleeved cables (except for the 24pin, they had to send me that separately).

All corsair fans

Phanteks lighting

Benq XL2420G

Corsair K70 (MX Reds)

DX Racer Formula chair

(sorry iphone camera :()

69924126521.png

466886196220.png

82742288797.png

586120462318.png

808249704613.png

6125278640.png

765386591037.png

night time shot

894322615922.png

643240705492.png

163122783027.png

Thank you for checking out my new setup, please leave your feedback positive or negative. Thanks.

No offense but, X99 5820K but only a GTX 960? It is also well put together and cable managed.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

1 monitor is never enough

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

No offense but, X99 5820K but only a GTX 960?

Probably for rendering ( I hope )

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

lol yep...this seems to be a gaming centric build, too much money spent on a CPU that wont make gaming any better where it could have been spent on a nicer GPU.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

I see why you think that and the reason I went with only a 960 for now is because at the moment I dont really play to many intensive games (CSGO) but in the future I will upgrade to something better for games such star citizen.

-snip-

Looks really nice man :D

Good cable management from what I can see. I dig that you route your GPU power cables up, instead of down :D

You can take a picture of your setup too and post it here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/183-show-off-your-setup/

For some more feedback (and compliments ;) )

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I see why you think that and the reason I went with only a 960 for now is because at the moment I dont really play to many intensive games (CSGO) but in the future I will upgrade to something better for games such star citizen.

Do you use CUDA acceleration at all?

That's what I had in mind, I would probably do something like that as well. Beautiful build BTW.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!