Experiences with non-techies

maybe like 6inches (12-15cm) that I can swallow.

thats pretty impressive ;)

totally not out of context

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

You can't simply plug a plug that runs from the PSU to a plug that also comes from the PSU . I just enjoy shocking myself trying :)

Spoiler

System

• CPU
    i7-3960x
  • Motherboard
    generic x79
  • RAM
    ballistic ddr3 8gb @ 1600mhz
  • GPU
    sapphire r7 250 2 gb gddr3
  • Case
    Lepra, Some LED Fans and a glass window
  • Storage
    1 500gb wd blue hdd
  • 1 1tb toshiba hdd
    1 320gb wd blue
  • PSU
    seagate 400w 
  • Display(s)
    element tv, HNC 720p monitor 
  • Cooling
    2 LED fans 1 Fans
  • Keyboard
    LED vander life keyboard
  • Mouse
    LED vander life mouse
  • Sound
    RIG ps4 headset
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 , soon 10.13 hackintosh

thats pretty impressive ;)

totally not out of context

Oh wow I did not see that when I typed it up, just umm mehhhh . . . . . . .  -_-  :rolleyes:

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

just buy new products..

Just?  New products usually require money.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Here's a little story, that I was just reliving in another thread. So about 4 years ago, someone buys me a MacBook pro. It served me well at the time, and about a year ago I was starting to feel the need for an upgrade. Not a video card because I didn't do as much gaming, but just a bit more ram because I only had 4 gigs and I like to leave a lot of tabs and applications open and I needed the multitasking. So I casually mention to the person who bought it for me that I'm thinking of taking the back off to take a look inside and see if it's easily upgradeable.

Me: -

Her: *

*No! You will break it! Then how are you going to replace it?

-I'm just taking the back off... -_-

*If you want to upgrade, you need to call a professional like the geek squad.

-They charge $100 to install ram, that's almost as much as it costs to buy the ram itself. It just pops in like a Lego, I can do it.

*No... Because reasons...

-Okay, im at least going to try to dual boot Lubutnu on it to make it run a bit faster.

*Whats Lubutnu? Is that the Linux thing? I hear hackers use that, your gonna go to jail!

-Linux is just an open source OS.

*Whats an OS?

-Fuck it, I give up.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

-snip-

-Fuck it, I give up.

Probably the best course of action to avoid any unnecessary headaches...

If I were you, I would just open it infront of her.

(to Tmt97)

if you do @[username] it will tag a user - like this - @Tmt97

If I were you, I would just open it infront of her.

(to Tmt97)

@[member=""]

My friend thinks his gt 630(2gb gddr3) is better than my gt 640(1gb gddr5), or atleast the difference is very small.

Yea, because mine has 70 fps in war thunder and his-40.

I guess this would go here. My mom thought that Final Fantasy was a sports game series.

COMIC SANS

My favorite part is the one single review which is either really good satire, or just someone who is really misinformed that thinks this cable is legitimately better than the competition.

That link.

Q: Is it true that plugging this into my TV creates a portal to another dimension? A: Not only it is true, but I am also answering from 350 years in the future. I cannot reveal anything for fear of interfering with the space-time continuum.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Today at school, my instructor had all 100 (yes, 100) students hit the school's NAS at once. We essentially ddosed our selves and took it down lol

She was so annoyed and wouldn't believe anyone she just goes "nah we couldn't have overloaded it"

My friend thinks his gt 630(2gb gddr3) is better than my gt 640(1gb gddr5), or atleast the difference is very small.

Yea, because mine has 70 fps in war thunder and his-40.

Again, one GB of GDDR5 is much preferable to 4 GB of DDR3 on GPUs

Today at school, my instructor had all 100 (yes, 100) students hit the school's NAS at once. We essentially ddosed our selves and took it down lol

She was so annoyed and wouldn't believe anyone she just goes "nah we couldn't have overloaded it"

Oh I see the problem. Yep, all 100 students accessing the NAS overpowered the little hamster inside and it had a heart attack...

Do some research kids, don't kill the hamster powering your computers by overworking it. 

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Again, one GB of GDDR5 is much preferable to 4 GB of DDR3 on GPUs

Oh I see the problem. Yep, all 100 students accessing the NAS overpowered the little hamster inside and it had a heart attack...

Do some research kids, don't kill the hamster powering your computers by overworking it. 

I wonder if someone could actually make a hamster powering a computer. It could be like a case mod where there's a hamster wheel mounted somewhere(5.25" bay? nothing else to put there...), and it could generate supplemental power for the PSU. Obviously you would still need wall power, as one hamster isn't enough on its own, but is this theoretically possible?

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

I wonder if someone could actually make a hamster powering a computer. It could be like a case mod where there's a hamster wheel mounted somewhere(5.25" bay? nothing else to put there...), and it could generate supplemental power for the PSU. Obviously you would still need wall power, as one hamster isn't enough on its own, but is this theoretically possible?

Hmm, what if the hamster goes to sleep or dies?

Oh! Idea! You take little alligator clamps, and you strap them to the ears, and then when you need the hamster to wake up, you give it a little jolt of electricity by pressing a power button at the front of your case. Not a lot, just enough to wake it up. Then it gets up, runs and provides extra power. If your hamster dies, you kick the clamps into overdrive and you bring it back from the dead! (It's more fun to dress up as a paramedic and yell "Clear!" every time you try to revive it)

Imagine! An constantly born-again hamster powering your computer that never dies! This is the future kids!

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Aaaaand you're on some PETA blacklist. :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Hmm, what if the hamster goes to sleep or dies?

Oh! Idea! You take little alligator clamps, and you strap them to the ears, and then when you need the hamster to wake up, you give it a little jolt of electricity by pressing a power button at the front of your case. Not a lot, just enough to wake it up. Then it gets up, runs and provides extra power. If your hamster dies, you kick the clamps into overdrive and you bring it back from the dead! (It's more fun to dress up as a paramedic and yell "Clear!" every time you try to revive it)

Imagine! An constantly born-again hamster powering your computer that never dies! This is the future kids!

Or what if we had a whole breeding population of hamsters to power the computer? We can artificially inseminate the females to produce more hamsters when needed, and when one dies its corpse can be vacuumed into a tube where its broken down into nutrients and fed to the newborn hamsters thus completing the cycle of life! As for motivation? Connect their brains to electrodes and create a virtual reality hamster wonder land for them! As far as they know, they will be prancing through fields of grass, but in reality they just keep running on the wheel. We can call it: The Matrix...

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Or what if we had a whole breeding population of hamsters to power the computer? We can artificially inseminate the females to produce more hamsters when needed, and when one dies its corpse can be vacuumed into a tube where its broken down into nutrients and fed to the newborn hamsters thus completing the cycle of life! As for motivation? Connect their brains to electrodes and create a virtual reality hamster wonder land for them! As far as they know, they will be prancing through fields of grass, but in reality they just keep running on the wheel. We can call it: The Matrix...

Excellent idea! Only problem is that we can't have any corrupt middle-aged overseers pretending to be little girl hamsters though. Or he'll try to kill everyone by hiring a pint-sized slasher...

I go through this everyday. I am surrounded with people that are non-techies. No one expect for my friends are techies. Nobody. Trying to dumb down android is something I do. I once had to dumb down iOS. I've had many a headache in my day. Pretty annoying. 

CEO of DevTech Studios. OS X fanboy, Windows User. Bob Marley. 

You don't need electrodes or VR, you can stick an LED in their (genetically modified) brains to hijack their neural signaling to stimulate behavior. We have the technology:

frontrat.png

To learn more, google optogenetics.

You had to dumb down IOS

That's just sad

Well, if you have any car guys as friends, they have to do the same for you. Nobody's a genius in every field. Tell me the ideal compression ratio of a consumer 4 stroke gasoline engine on 81 octane without googling it. What's the ideal fuel to air ratio of a gasoline engine? (You don't have to, I'm making a point) these two things every car guy should know, yet is not required to drive a car. Having a better understanding of how something works helps you use it, but is not required to use it.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

I get that, but like people asking you how to do shit without even trying, when the buttons for things literally say what they do gets sickening after like 5 seconds.

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.