Thanks Nick!

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Praise Nick!

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

yeee, new upload! thanks nick!

Another laptop review, awesome ! :D

Will watch it later this afternoon

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Before I watch did you drop it from a high place like lenovo did ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Finally Linus! Thanks a lot Nick!

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I don't get why Linus is looking for the 16Gb RAM option. I don't even remember the last time I maxed out on 8. If it came to you a point where you need more than 8Gb of RAM then you probably need a desktop workstation to handle that load.

I don't get why Linus is looking for the 16Gb RAM option. I don't even remember the last time I maxed out on 8. If it came to you a point where you need more than 8Gb of RAM then you probably need a desktop workstation to handle that load.

There are plenty of reasons why people might need more than 8gb of RAM on a laptop, e.g. if you're a tab fiend while also wanting to do some light video editing or pretty much any other memory intensive task which this notebook would be perfectly capable of doing. Simply not having it as an option is plain silly these days.

Linus should check out the Dell Latitude E7450. I wonder what he thinks about it.

There are plenty of reasons why people might need more than 8gb of RAM on a laptop, e.g. if you're a tab fiend while also wanting to do some light video editing or pretty much any other memory intensive task which this notebook would be perfectly capable of doing. Simply not having it as an option is plain silly these days.

I would say not having replaceable memory is the crazy thing...

'Till this day I love the trackpoint, IMHO its superior to brushing around on a trackpad. Wish more laptops would have it.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

This is the Current Laptop my school will have us get and one of my friends had one issue when the fingerprint scanner was disconnected while he was carrying it between classes and he was locked out. But other than that it is a nice Laptop for school and work.

I use the Lenovo Twist with a Core i7-4510u @2.00Ghz, 8gb of RAM, 24Gb SSD boot drive, and a 450Gb Hard Drive. I can't say I hate it but it can get really hot even when just browsing or watching videos.

Because he had a hard drive.

Thank you based nick!

Vessel master race reporting hue ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

huehuehue, u so cool!

I got a lot of hate (on YouTube) when I said I saw the video on Vessel already xD

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

huehuehue, u so cool!

I got a lot of hate (on YouTube) when I said I saw the video on Vessel already xD

yy :D even though vessel is an undeveloped platform it's still nice to watch new vids earlier...

like the sub-zero pc build guide.. heh

yy :D even though vessel is an undeveloped platform it's still nice to watch new vids earlier...

like the sub-zero pc build guide.. heh

I only watch LTT videos on Vessel now. No need to watch them again on YouTube.

Might as well unsub /jk :P

I only watch LTT videos on Vessel now. No need to watch them again on YouTube.

Might as well unsub /jk :P

Offtopic: I actually never thought about it since you said it but would the benefits of a vessel sub outway the missed add revenue of the youtube video because people don't watch the video twice? (thinking longterm). 

This is not the laptop I am looking for.  In fact I am looking for no laptop whatsoever.  I still watched the video cuz it is LTT but that is it.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Who the hell uses and complains about the touchpad on a Thinkpad when it has the godly trackpoint? Linus apparently.

Offtopic: I actually never thought about it since you said it but would the benefits of a vessel sub outway the missed add revenue of the youtube video because people don't watch the video twice? (thinking longterm). 

I dont think the Vessel subscribers will be the difference, but the policies of Vessel.

You know YouTube is changing so you can't show a company's logo for commercial right? Vessel doesn't have that rule. Think about it.

Linus should definitely review a 13" or 15" retina pro

Vessel pay much more than youtube (so it seems)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Are you able to run virtual machines on this laptop or is an ultrabook not fit for such tasks such as debugging, compiling etc.

To bad it has only 8gb ram though.. but I wonder if the CPU can actually handle such tasks.

DotoreN, on 08 Apr 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

Are you able to run virtual machines on this laptop or is an ultrabook not fit for such tasks such as debugging, compiling etc.

To bad it has only 8gb ram though.. but I wonder if the CPU can actually handle such tasks.

I tried it on my thinkpad yoga, it had smiler spec (except a core i5 4300) and while they do support hypervirtualisation,  even light Linux distros like lubuntu would stutter, maybe  broadwell  is more powerful but they still use UlV variants (in fact all thinkpads except the x550 and the workstation laptops use them) so I dont think  virtual machines would run well on the carbon.

Its a shame really if lenovo would stop using ULV processors and stick to  the core m then these laptops would be a lot more versatile, but then that would mean they would be less thin and lenovo seems obsessed with making all there laptops thin.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |